Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that. We have seen enough of him to know what he can and can't do. He doesn't really cut it. I hate to be pessimistic but he doesn't do anything for me. Agree with the poster who said 200 anonymous games. I never thought I would ever say that about a North Melbourne player.
He's not totally anonymous. I think he'll be remembered for his left foot goal on the run from 50 out against the Swans in the 2015 SF to put us into the PF.

But that was 1 kick. 5 years ago.

I understand the frustration and apprehension around this week but there is 1 guaranteed improvement from last week and hopefully 1 other.

Our side is a hell of a lot more balanced and talented this week on paper. Anderson, LDU and Simpkin is a much better inside mid setup and Larkey and Zurhaar are significant upgrades to our forward line and having the extra marking target will take away side's ability to intercept mark. This return of Jed and LDU allows Polec and Dumont to go back to their respective wing roles and makes us look a hell of a lot more settled in the midfield which goes along way to helping us win the game.

The defense (which i think has actually been holding up ok all things considered) also looks better against an opposition without a huge amount of pacey small forwards who seem to cause us all sorts of trouble.

The 2nd part is uncontrollable (except for the BC selection) and that is in game injuries. I think if we can be in the game until half time we can worry Carlton out of it.

I know everyone is down on us at the moment but we havent been playing total shite, it's just been patchy (except for last week). I think we are a great chance this week and hopefully the lads can get a win.

I think Atley is the “effect”, not the cause. Shaun will be better if our core players can get control.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Waiting for core players to get control for Atley to get better is at the heart of the issue imo. After 200 games, he should be one of the core players. He's not.

unfortunately he isn't too fast above the shoulders.

Correct. Atley's major deficiencies are far more his inability to think quick enough than his physical ability.

This will not change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never in all my years of following north have I ever wanted to lose but I’m interested in others thoughts re what we can get out of the remainder of the season ? Would you prefer to get a top 5 pick or win the next few games which would give us an incredibly remote chance at playing finals with the likelihood finish just outside the top 8 ?

He's not totally anonymous. I think he'll be remembered for his left foot goal on the run from 50 out against the Swans in the 2015 SF to put us into the PF.

But that was 1 kick. 5 years ago.

I remember his goal of the year nomination in 2016 as well. I, definitely, remember his explosive 2013 season.

Last thing I want is for us to do a typical north and win a bunch of games in a row and finish 12th or something.
Blues ability to move the ball and score will be the difference regardless of us bringing some guys back.
I said 60 points to the blues but I think it'll be a bit more like the bombers game, 3-4 goal loss.

Never in all my years of following north have I ever wanted to lose but I’m interested in others thoughts re what we can get out of the remainder of the season ? Would you prefer to get a top 5 pick or win the next few games which would give us an incredibly remote chance at playing finals with the likelihood finish just outside the top 8 ?

I hope we win every single game. However, if we are to miss the eight, I hope we finish second last.

I think Atley is the “effect”, not the cause. Shaun will be better if our core players can get control.

The only genuinely quick defensive pressure player on our list. Get rid of.

I wonder if the serial Kayne Turner knocker nuffies are wondering why the ball waltzes so easily out of our forward line this year? Probably not, that would take 10 seconds of thinking.

The only genuinely quick defensive pressure player on our list. Get rid of.

I wonder if the serial Kayne Turner knocker nuffies are wondering why the ball waltzes so easily out of our forward line this year? Probably not, that would take 10 seconds of thinking.

Lol. He’s alive. We’ve lost every game since you disappeared. It must be your fault! 🤣

Lol. He’s alive. We’ve lost every game since you disappeared. It must be your fault! 🤣

1) You have had the high quality football analysis of the Ziebull & Rad Roo to keep you company in my absence.
2) We're clearly tanking, and it's perfect timing considering the H&A gate cannot be affected. It could not have happened at a better time. I commend the football department (not the "meek" administration)

On the face of it, this is, probably, the most mobile line-up we’ve named in 12 years. Cunners and Z, while fantastic warhorses, could never be accused of being quick.

Does this mean we're just more likely to overrun the ball when we fumble?

The last month has seen the worst North Melbourne sides in 48 years (1972)

1) You have had the high quality football analysis of the Ziebull & Rad Roo to keep you company in my absence.
2) We're clearly tanking, and it's perfect timing considering the H&A gate cannot be affected. It could not have happened at a better time. I commend the football department (not the "meek" administration)

Based on our injury list, it feels like we’ve been run over by a tank. More ”tanked” than tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back