Preview Changes for Collingwood - Rd 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably, but his linking and disposal inside 50 is already very good and we have to bank on improvement.

Dropping him to the Magpies in favour of Ladhams in that role, or swapping him out entirely for someone like Woodcock, would be an epic self-inflicted wound at this point.
I'm with you. He's not ever going to be that hulking key forward contested marking machine, but he has other attributes that we need to maximise.

The biggest issue is that he drops uncontested marks because of a perception of pressure. To me that's a mixture of confidence and mindset. I reckon he attacks the ball in the air assuming he's going to drop it because he'll get smashed or because he thinks he'll drop it...

I've noticed a few times where he has panicked a bit and looked like he's gone down with a serious injury, but popped up later and been fine, another indication of the above.

He needs good development coaching, a consistent mentor and a bit of a dick tickle. It's all mental for Todd.

Mackenzie is an easy in for Clurey.

Not sure if Ladhams can ruck a full game against Grundy, but not sure if 2 rucks and 3 tall forwards are the go. I wouldn’t debut Hayes against Grundy.

If fit, Houston for Fredricks. Bonner/Farrell sub

whatever it is, Marshall needs a spell in the reserves

Jones will come back for this game. Last week we were saying he would be ready for this game.
If Huston is fit to play too, that’s two good ins.
As to Marshall, so disappointed last night. But the question is, will Ladhams play forward better than Marshall??

Just watched Hinkleys’ presser. The man is delusional. He’s happy with our side and our forward entries. Don’t expect anything other than injury forces changes.

I was there mate. Nobody else forward of centre was any better.
Mitch was..
he dropped so many marks and looked down on confidence last night... I have him out as I feel we need to play two rucks v Collingwood and the lesser performing taller forward goes out.

Probably, but his linking and disposal inside 50 is already very good and we have to bank on improvement.

Dropping him to the Magpies in favour of Ladhams in that role, or swapping him out entirely for someone like Woodcock, would be an epic self-inflicted wound at this point.

I feel pulling him out of the forward 50 will open up space for dixon (at CHF) and Georgie (at FF)

the quadrangle of doom has always ended in doom and even three talls has the KP player confused as to where they should lead and who's turn is it to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it matter?

At the moment no

We don't look like premiership material at the moment but let's be honest, not many teams do. We have a short time to turn this around and we have the crop to do it, subject to injury returns.

As soon as we picked Ladhams (regardless of whether Hayes was the better choice or not), we knew we were going to lose.

We have some serious issues but none that we can't fix. Moving to thowing the ball, rather than handballing, is a must. The doggies won a flag doing this, so we know it works. Moving the ball on fast and down the middle also works.

We just need a coach that adopts what works into the game plan.

Last edited:
IN: Hayes, Houston, McKenzie, (Jones as sub)
OUT: Marshall, Farrell, Clurey (jaw), (Frederick as sub)
This is it.

If Houston isn't ready, then we play Jones and Freddie stays as the sub.

Was a tough game to come in for as a sub at that point in the game with the tempo. Particularly for a young inexperienced player.

I have also noticed that it would appear his team mates don't trust him yet - he makes plenty of good runs and looks for the one-two etc but isn't getting the return ball.

At the moment no

We don't look like premiership material at the moment but let's be honest, not many teams do. We have a short time to turn this around and we have the crop to do it, subject to injury returns.

As soon as we picked Ladhams (regardless of whether Hayes was the better choice or not), we knew we were going to lose.

We have some serious issues but none that we can't fix. Moving to thowing the ball, rather than handballing, is a must. The doggies won a flag doing this, so we know it works. Moving the ball on fast and down the middle also works.

We just need a coach that adopts what works into the game plan.
You honestly think that if we were to mimic the dogs' throwing game, we wouldn't be penalised off the park for it?

Not entirely convinced by own suggestion here, but Bergman was actually drafted as a forward right? Could we bring Jones or someone in and send IceBerg forward to improve our stocks forward of the ball? At least Miles can take contested marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back