Preview Changes for Collingwood - Rd 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive issue with our injury-hit depth when we can’t drop Farrell or Rozee after tonight.
Yeah Woodcock stiff (lol) but just reckon Collingwood is the kind of game those two will bounce back in.

Very hard to argue Woodcock hasnt been better than Rozee this year, but their ceilings are worlds apart.

Yeah Woodcock stiff (lol) but just reckon Collingwood is the kind of game those two will bounce back in.

Very hard to argue Woodcock hasnt been better than Rozee this year, but their ceilings are worlds apart.
I can’t remember what Connor’s ceiling is like. We haven’t seen it since his third ever game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next two games become vitally important. If we drop another before the bye it would make breaking back into the top 4 very difficult, with Geelong (still without Slyce) first up after it. I dont think the coaches will mess too much now with the line-up, they'll see tonight as an "honourable defeat"

I reckon McKenzie for Clurey will be about it. We probably don't need Frederick with both Bonner and Farrell in the side, so perhaps one tactic could be to use Hayes as the sub in case there is a need for additional ruck support. Tough way for a bloke to get his first game after 4 years though.

Marshall stays for mine. He’s getting into all the right spots and his connective work is fine (2 goal assists), it’s his execution that’s poor. Dropping him to the Magpies won’t fix anything.

This is exactly the sort of sh¡t you wear from a young KPF until it clicks — and ideally your primary big carries much of his water while you wait. But save for a couple of late clunks Dixon didn’t exactly cover himself in glory, unfortunately.

Grundy is going to destroy Ladhams or Hayes, so it doesn’t really matter which one plays.

I’d be leaving Gray (rest) and Rozee (whatever the hell is going on with his foot/ankle) home. If we can’t beat this Collingwood side without them the season’s a wash regardless.

Mackenzie is an easy in for Clurey.

Not sure if Ladhams can ruck a full game against Grundy, but not sure if 2 rucks and 3 tall forwards are the go. I wouldn’t debut Hayes against Grundy.

If fit, Houston for Fredricks. Bonner/Farrell sub
he Will get destroyed by Grundy..

if they don’t play Hayes we will lose this game, cause all Collingwood has is a decent midfield.

out fredericks, clurey, ladhams and s**t marking

in Houston, McKenzie, Hayes and strong hands

Can’t believe anyone can still defend Marshmallow and justify his continued selection.

If we’d put the bullet in Amon when he looked similarly bereft of execution despite an obvious skillset, he’d be playing for the Sale Sabres C’s rn.

Of all the people you stay the course with, it’s your first round key forward.

If we’d put the bullet in Amon when he looked similarly bereft of execution despite an obvious skillset, he’d be playing for the Sale Sabres C’s rn.

Of all the people you stay the course with, it’s your first round key forward.

Yep.

If we were still running with a 2 KPF setup and had a Georgiadis level talent banging down the door, great, but we don't.

I felt Marshall was a better target than Dixon today.

Marshall would be 110kg and taking strong marks at 19 years old if he played for Geelong.

He will never be a Dixon sized brute - it's just not in his phenotype. His body shape is identical to what the Hoff was. Hoff was much stronger though once he was fully filled out. Sick of Marshall consistently lacking the assertiveness to take the game on.

In: Hayes, Houston, McKenzie
Out: Marshall, Bergman, Clurey.

Clurey out for McKenzie is the no brainer. Would debut Hayes and drop Marshall who is ridiculously down on confidence. Ladhams can play as the 3rd KPF/2nd ruck as he did last season. Also means we keep Dixon as a KPF - when he is not in our forward line our forward setup has looked so disjointed and out of sync.

Whilst Bergman will make the grade, he's not functionally strong enough right now. This leads him getting pushed off the ball too easily, and it also means we are very limited whenever he has to defend in isolated (1 on 1) situations.

Could easily substitute Bergman for Farrell I the aforementioned changes - wouldn't complain either way tbh. If Bergman were to be dropped I would make him sub and send Frederick back to the 2nds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back