Preview Changes/Preview - Round 11 v. Walyalup (Fremantle) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Our biggest game in 30 years. Who plays? :sneaky:
22 players from the NAARM FOOTBALL CLUB and 22 players from the WALYALUP FOOTBALL CLUB. Plus one sub for each side.

SRS though, don't think we need any changes unless Bowey is more hurt than he seems. TMc turned out about as well as one could hope all things considered. Salem was ok, although did mean Gus was more in the midfield than we'd all like. Hunter should get off you'd hope - he basically stood there, didn't actually bump.

If Bowey misses I'd bring in JJ or Harmes and push Gus into the backline again.

22 players from the NAARM FOOTBALL CLUB and 22 players from the WALYALUP FOOTBALL CLUB. Plus one sub for each side.

SRS though, don't think we need any changes unless Bowey is more hurt than he seems. TMc turned out about as well as one could hope all things considered. Salem was ok, although did mean Gus was more in the midfield than we'd all like. Hunter should get off you'd hope - he basically stood there, didn't actually bump.

If Bowey misses I'd bring in JJ or Harmes and push Gus into the backline again.
I wish we'd play Salem forward and Brayshaw back.

Visceral reactions
Out:
JVR - what’s the point when we don’t even use him properly? May as well pin the the tail on the BBB, Milkshakes, Schache or J Smith donkey.

Salem - lol

Brayshaw - the sort of game that would make Tom Gillies look composed

Hunter - 🚮🗑

Langdon - 🧚‍♀️

Bowey - injured

Jordon - 🚮🗑🪦

ANB - lolol

Pickett - s**t

Chandler - worse

Honourable mention to Max Gawn who was ******* woeful.

In: anyone else

JJ is a very uninspiring sub.

Riv was immense.

Grundy and Gawn gave us very little.

Our smalls were as bad as they've ever played collectively I reckon.

Mids very average.

Big opportunity for some 2s players to put their hands up to come into the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Drunk and not as witty as Jonny's reactions:

Hunter out - yes he kicked an amazing goal. He also fluffed it multiple times and has been s**t for weeks.

Tmac out - 2 goals. Wowee who cares. He sucked.

JVR - not out but by crikey what an invisible game, just lucky your young and I haven't learnt to hate you like TMac yet.

Salem - stays in. Because Bowey is probably out (did he play today? Must have stubbed his toe at half time).

Brown/Shaq - in. No rational reason. Brown is a Tassie boy and I went out on a limb for Shaq at the start of the year.

Sparrow - in. Takes whatever place Salem was doing. Brayshaw moves to the wing in Hunters spot and Salem takes Brayshaw spot at half back (without the stupid waste of time midfield minutes Brayshaw did today).

Also out - dump kicks. Players to practice all week grabbing the ball and being tackled rather than panicking and being soft and dumping it straight to the opposition.

Also out - hitting the ball back into the play on the goal line. Let's try this idea of rushing behinds eh.

A danger game, Freo are going ok and I'm not sure we actually have a matchup for Jackson. Petty is out, May is slowing and our rucks are far less athletic.

Out: Chandler (rest him, please!), Brayshaw (go full Ross Lyon on Dal Santo and send a message that his preparation isn't good enough)
In: Sparrow, Laurie

Rivers and Pickett into the midfield. Riv is wasted at HB and Pickett is playing poorly in the forwardline. Open to Howes coming in if he has a big game too, strong lad, hard runner, good overhead.

Howes definitely in if Bowey is injured.

JJ is a very uninspiring sub.
He is a medisub classic, coverall mid/small positions well enough. Not sure how we haven't adapted. At least Laurie was a point of difference when he was picked there, or he was in theory. Hard to know when he doesn't get a game.

JVR is probably in need of a rest, but if we trot out the Dinosaur Double up forward next week, the toaster may get acquainted with my bathtub.

Not gonna bother guessing changes until the MRO wheel gets a spin this week

Out: Grundy, JVR, Mcdonald, McVee
In: Joel Smith, Woewodin, Harmes, Howes

Wouldn't mind Yze subbing in for Goodwin. I heard the presser. Goodwin goes 'We thought about making a change on Butters all night but we thought we wouldn't because we were 1 goal up and he'd only had about 35 possessions and 2 goals to 3/4 time. Good God.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now what's going on with out last 30 seconds in each quarter? Port had kicks for goal after the quarter time siren, the half time siren and the 3/4 time siren. This lack of awareness cost us the game (amongst other things). Like, do we relax in the final minute of each quarter? Are we unaware of how much time is left? Are we unaware of the importance and stage of a match and don't pay it the due respect? I don't know the answer but it's got to be sorted out asap. I would suggest it's mostly lack of game sense. If we played those last 30 seconds like the season depended on it are we really going to be giving dumb frees away etc? I doubt it. Time to lift in the areas.

Now what's going on with out last 30 seconds in each quarter? Port had kicks for goal after the quarter time siren, the half time siren and the 3/4 time siren. This lack of awareness cost us the game (amongst other things). Like, do we relax in the final minute of each quarter? Are we unaware of how much time is left? Are we unaware of the importance and stage of a match and don't pay it the due respect? I don't know the answer but it's got to be sorted out asap. I would suggest it's mostly lack of game sense. If we played those last 30 seconds like the season depended on it are we really going to be giving dumb frees away etc? I doubt it. Time to lift in the areas.

Clearly go too defensive. The ball is in our defensive 50 everytime. Why? This is the problem with those stoopid signs etc alerting players of time left in the quarter.

Anyway, we have many more concerns than this one. Our ground ball in defence. Lack of accountability through the middle which resulted in giving up so many marks in their F50. The fact we only show up for 1qtr against good sides. How our travel record has turned to poo. Our starts in games against good sides. Clearances. Our forward entries etc etc. But hey, Goody said more positives than negatives though, so all good 🌈

Out: Grundy, JVR, Mcdonald, McVee
In: Joel Smith, Woewodin, Harmes, Howes

Wouldn't mind Yze subbing in for Goodwin. I heard the presser. Goodwin goes 'We thought about making a change on Butters all night but we thought we wouldn't because we were 1 goal up and he'd only had about 35 possessions and 2 goals to 3/4 time. Good God.
Yze as an assistant coach is in far worse form then Goodwin.

Hope the blowtorch goes on Yze because right now he's wasting away one of the best midfield/ruckman combination this club has seen.

Getting absolutely slaughtered in the clearences in the 2nd quarter was one of the most extraordinary quarter I've seen from us.

Greg Stafford copped it last year so now it's Yze's turn.

Yze as an assistant coach is in far worse form then Goodwin.

Hope the blowtorch goes on Yze because right now he's wasting away one of the best midfield/ruckman combination this club has seen.

Getting absolutely slaughtered in the clearences in the 2nd quarter was one of the most extraordinary quarter I've seen from us.

Greg Stafford copped it last year so now it's Yze's turn.

It's clear we've shifted our focus from clearances/contested footy to a turnover game but it's gone too far the other way now. Especially on a night like last night when territory is so crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back