Preview Changes: R10 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Was probably between Murphy and Gallucci and Gallucci offers more around the ground.
We seem to have given him a few roles Charlie had, coming off the back of the square. He's got good straight line speed, so that suits him.

Not sure how Gallucci gets a game in front of Murphy. Murphy was way ahead of him in the preseason. It was his first game back in a flood. Looks like we're giving him the CEY/Lyons treatment. How on earth Gallucci survived after his showdown I'm not sure, he's done nothing for 3 weeks.
He's pretty much been our best pressure forward in every game he's played this year. He's also capable of playing more around the midfield then Murphy is currently as well.

The changes are exactly what the #Vaderlist predicted. I would prefer to see sMurph instead of BNM but that was never going to happen.

Only 5 of our ten most valuable players (IMHO) missing, I’m telling you, we’re a chance!!!
Only 4 of the ten missing, now that Mrouch is back.

Still missing Sloane (2), Walker (6), Brouch (8) and Smith (9). None of those will be back before the bye.

Not sure how Gallucci gets a game in front of Murphy. Murphy was way ahead of him in the preseason. It was his first game back in a flood. Looks like we're giving him the CEY/Lyons treatment. How on earth Gallucci survived after his showdown I'm not sure, he's done nothing for 3 weeks.
How is that giving him the Lyons treatment? 1 young player in front of another?

I like Murphy and would like to see us persist with him but they've obviously earmarked them both for the same role right now so could only pick one. Gallucci's output hasn't been high but he's shown some signs. Wouldn't have thought any fan would be disappointed with this given we also need to give gooch some experience.

I like Murphy and would like to see us persist with him but they've obviously earmarked them both for the same role right now so could only pick one. Gallucci's output hasn't been high but he's shown some signs. Wouldn't have thought any fan would be disappointed with this given we also need to give gooch some experience.
It's more the Grigg treatement - having another (better) young player selected ahead of him all the time.

In Grigg's case, it was Lyons and then Mrouch. In Murphy's case, it's Gallucci.

The changes are exactly what the #Vaderlist predicted. I would prefer to see sMurph instead of BNM but that was never going to happen.

Only 5 of our ten most valuable players (IMHO) missing, I’m telling you, we’re a chance!!!
I love your posts. I scrolled past your username and read the post 1st scrolled back knowing it was you! :thumbsu:

It's more the Grigg treatement - having another (better) young player selected ahead of him all the time.

That's the thing, I'm not sure he is better, not sure the coaches do either but it's lineball at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 4 of the ten missing, now that Mrouch is back.

Still missing Sloane (2), Walker (6), Brouch (8) and Smith (9). None of those will be back before the bye.
Curious to see your top 10. Mine would be..

1. Laird
2. Gibbs
3. M.Crouch
4. Sloane
5. Walker
6. Betts
7. Smith
8. Talia
9. B.Crouch
10. Lynch

Jacobs, Jenkins, Douglas, Brown in no order next 4. Hoping 2 or 3 of McGovern, Doedee, Atkins, Greenwood/CEY, Milera turn into top 12 players over the next two seasons to cover Sloane, Lynch?, Walker, Jenkins and Betts latter years.

That's the thing, I'm not sure he is better, not sure the coaches do either but it's lineball at this stage.
The coaches clearly rate him as having the greater potential, to the extent that they're willing to select Gallucci ahead of Murphy on a consistent basis. Whether Gallucci is better now, is a valid point of debate.

I'd say Gallucci's game against Gold Coast was better than anything Murphy has produced so far, but I wouldn't argue too strongly either way.

Better only on reputation not output at SANFL or AFL level thus far in their tenure at the club.

No problem with Gooch, just right now I think Murphy is in our best 22 available over him. CEY/Lyons AFC special treatment is not giving players an extended run of games who probably deserve it, because AFC favor another player for a whatever reason they choose.

I think in our case all 22 spots are decided in advance. There are clearly some teams which are more flexible with their bottom 5-6

I would disagree, outside of Mackay (who is horribly overrated at our club), we usually get a pretty solid turnover in those bottom 5 spots over a mid to long term (would say 60% per year as a guess either become top 15 players or delisted/traded/depth) which is what is desired. The only clubs who are truly flexible with their bottom 5-6 week to week are hinged at the bottom of the table, otherwise it becomes positions inhabited by talented youngsters or 1-2 players who are only in the squad because they are cheap and solid/indicative of lack of depth/??? in Mackays case.

I'd have our current bottom 5 for our best 22? I'd have it as Gallucci (locked - talented youngster), CEY (who as much as I'm critical of his long term chances, has played himself into this position), one of Milera/Doedee (locked - talented youngsters), Mackay (???t) and Kelly (who is living off of an excellent 2017).

Who on our list is better than 44 brownlow votes over the past two seasons?

M.Crouch did play himself into being our best midfielder last season, especially once Sloane fragility with the tag was exposed.

Brownlow votes are a terrible measure for showing the quality of a player.

I’m not convinced that draft position comes into selection calculations
It might not but it probably should. If you draft a bloke you see potential to become a 200 game midfielder, you pump as many games into them as possible whilst they are 18-19 and see if you were correct so long as they show glimpses of quality. Galluci has done this so he plays.

Curious to see your top 10. Mine would be..

1. Laird
2. Gibbs
3. M.Crouch
4. Sloane
5. Walker
6. Betts
7. Smith
8. Talia
9. B.Crouch
10. Lynch

Jacobs, Jenkins, Douglas, Brown in no order next 4. Hoping 2 or 3 of McGovern, Doedee, Atkins, Greenwood/CEY, Milera turn into top 12 players over the next two seasons to cover Sloane, Lynch?, Walker, Jenkins and Betts latter years.
In proper form, Mrouch & Sloane are still #1 and #2. Laird probably comes in at #3, with Gibbs & Brouch hot on his heels.

M.Crouch did play himself into being our best midfielder last season, especially once Sloane fragility with the tag was exposed.

Brownlow votes are a terrible measure for showing the quality of a player.

Yes fair on the Brownlow point but M Crouch does whatever he wants every week, Sloane was tagged maybe 10 times. Sloanes better defensively. Heart both.

Give the CEY/Lyons treatment! Turn it up!

The guy has been on the Crows list for about 6 months and in that time has not been named in 2 games, not including the games he missed due to injury. Not remotely similar to Lyons or CEY.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back