Preview Changes: R23 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that we have a chance of winning, but there is no point in winning anyway. All it will do is put Port into the eight.

Freo will send over an inspired side intent on going through the motions and put will flat track them anyway.

Best out come is two years out of the eight and below Port. We saw real some change the last time that occurred in 2014

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Port make the 8 and we don’t is even worse for us, but also good as they’ll keep Hinkley.

Port make the 8 and we don’t is even worse for us, but also good as they’ll keep Hinkley.
Nah, they already have their agenda in place to sell the year was about playing Youth and Kern is the right man in charge.

Just missing the eight helps that message.

Two weeks ago Rucci was striking his great their youth is. Even Rowie today was.

It was also great in 2014.....

The media jumping all over us is great. Like last year with CM and our soft tissue issues it will force some change.

Pyke wont get sacked. But a clean out of assistants and a change of philosophy is needed.

Not that we have a chance of winning, but there is no point in winning anyway. All it will do is put Port into the eight.

Freo will send over an uninspired side intent on going through the motions and Port will flat track them anyway.

Best out come is two years out of the eight and below Port. We saw real some change the last time that occurred in 2014

Winning does not put Port to eighth. It puts us there making Port have to win by 4 goals. Unless Hawthorn beat West Coast then Hawthorn go in.

What zinger? You did all that whinging about Poholke not getting selected and you won't even name him for a dead rubber at the end of the season.
Hahahahaha, what? How much have you been drinking this morning dude?

1) Him getting selected or not was not even remotely the point. The entire discussion was based around the position he's played in when he comes up and the way he's played in the SANFL. The fact that you clearly think it was about him being selected this season after arguing it for the better part of 2-3 days makes it pretty clear that you never understood the point!
2) Where did you get from that post, "I won't even name him for a dead rubber at the end of the season"? Seriously I'm curious, tell me the part of my post where you think I said that?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahaha, dude how much have you drunk this morning?

1) Him getting selected or not was not even remotely the point. The entire discussion was based around the position he's played in when he comes up and the way he's played in the SANFL. The fact that you clearly think it was about him being selected this season after arguing it for the better part of 3 days makes it pretty clear you never understood the point!
2) Where did you get from that post, "I won't even name him for a dead rubber at the end of the season"? Seriously I'm curious, tell me the part of my post where you think I said that?
How can you say it's not even remotely the point? You were complaining that he's being underutilised on account of being played out of position. My take was that he's not good enough to displace any of our current mids (as mediocre as they are). They tried to find a spot for him playing small forward because he was hitting the scoreboard in the SANFL but he's clearly not an AFL small forward either.

How can you say it's not even remotely the point? You were complaining that he's being underutilised on account of being played out of position. My take was that he's not good enough to displace any of our current mids (as mediocre as they are). They tried to find a spot for him playing small forward because he was hitting the scoreboard in the SANFL but he's clearly not an AFL small forward either.
Because it wasn't the point. The point was he was having a blinder of a year in the SANFL (which is more or less indisputable), and people, like yourself were still too hung up on his performance as a 18-19 year old as a small forward, when that was never the position he was recruited to play. His selection in 2019 was never a part of the conversation, at least the conversations between you and I. You've added that part today!

Also, still waiting to see where you got the dead rubber selection part from?

Because it wasn't the point. The point was he was having a blinder of a year in the SANFL (which is more or less indisputable), and people, like yourself were still too hung up on his performance as a 18-19 year old as a small forward, when that was never the position he was recruited to play. His selection in 2019 was never a part of the conversation, at least the conversations between you and I. You've added that part today!

Also, still waiting to see where you got the dead rubber selection part from?
I know you were kidding with your Ins and Outs. I just think you should put your money where your mouth is. If you like him so much, name him and be willing to admit you were wrong when he inevitably disappoints. If he somehow turns out to be a gun mid, I will happily eat my words.

I know you were kidding with your Ins and Outs. I just think you should put your money where your mouth is. If you like him so much, name him and be willing to admit you were wrong when he inevitably disappoints. If he somehow turns out to be a gun mid, I will happily eat my words.
Mate, after this season, i'm not putting my money on anything Crow related!

But on a serious note, I think we should let this argument drop, in general I think you are a pretty good poster, and this is just a difference of opinion.

Maybe we just call a beer bet on him, if he turns into a regular best 22 in the next 2 years you owe me a frothy. If he's a SANFL allstar for the rest of his career, then one's coming back at you!

And we'll leave it at that.

Mate, after this season, i'm not putting my money on anything Crow related!

But on a serious note, I think we should let this argument drop, in general I think you are a pretty good poster, and this is just a difference of opinion.

Maybe we just call a beer bet on him, if he turns into a regular best 22 in the next 2 years you owe me a frothy. If he's a SANFL allstar for the rest of his career, then one's coming back at you!

And we'll leave it at that.
Fair call.

Exactly, we are a bottom 4 side after the bye playing an old side. That’s just utter madness.

Even worse is that our coaching group is incapable of seeing what is directly in front of them. Young talent will give just as much as past it mediocre experience. Plus there’s a future benefit. But there’s not a coach among the group that understands that. And even if there is, Pyke and Campo don’t and our entire philosophy is geared to rewarding time served.

2 years ago, Pyke actually said that, “you reward guys that have done good things for the club over a long period of time”. That’s him in a nutshell. Personality over performance.

2 years ago, Pyke actually said that, “you reward guys that have done good things for the club over a long period of time”. That’s him in a nutshell. Personality over performance.
It's easy to say that when your seniors are playing well. When you persist with that mentality even though your experienced guys are failing, you need to adapt to different circumstances. So far Pyke has shown himself to be incapable of moving with the times.

Surely we should hear some retirements this week

You’re surely not serious. There’s some talk that we might be refreshing our list by trading out players with value. This will leave us light on for experience and Pyke and Co are petrified of playing any more than 1 or 2 in the same side. All 4 are better than 50% to get extensions but they will wait until the trade period is playing out. As an example, Otto will be retained for a year if Keath and Harto go. Maybe even if just 1 goes.

Watched the replay and did anyone else notice that the few times in the last when CJ was in the centre, we got the ball out. He was even standing Pendles

Yep, clear as day. And I don’t think it can be put down to Pies having put their cue in the rack because they kept kicking goals til the last

He doesn’t have a big body but quick thinking and quick movements. Must persist with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back