Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Sounds like Nicksy is taking his Don Pyke impersonation very seriously. I hope he realises Pyke got sacked in the end when he wouldn't play kids.

After comments like these it's no wonder our sanfl side got thumped today. What's the point in busting a gut. No coach should ever say they would never like to change a side. If that's true that's a disturbing thing to say and he needs someone higher up to have a chat with him.
We're literally one of the youngest sides in the comp, and still winning games. Hamill, McPherson, Sholl, Butts, McHenry, Rowe, Berry, Schoenberg, Fogarty - all getting games

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
We're literally one of the youngest sides in the comp, and still winning games. Hamill, McPherson, Sholl, Butts, McHenry, Rowe, Berry, Schoenberg, Fogarty - all getting games
It is Muzza mate...

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You know how governments, councils, businesses, whatever know about a certain risk but don't do anything about it until someone dies?

Kinda feel like this is the same logic being applied to Frampton. As long as we keep winning, keep things as they are.

We're coming into a really difficult period where we play a lot of finalists, and will be forced to make changes due to injury and form.

By not debuting kids in these easier matches, we'll need to bring in some players for their first games against the likes of West Coast, Port and Richmond

Poor management

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
You know how governments, councils, businesses, whatever know about a certain risk but don't do anything about it until someone dies?

Kinda feel like this is the same logic being applied to Frampton. As long as we keep winning, keep things as they are.
Next week will be the test for the selectors if Frampton plays ordinarily tomorrow, today is the 1st time this year Himmelberg has looked anywhere near AFL standard this season, not dominant but competitive at least today.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Today is the perfect example of why Worrell should of been picked on form in the last week or two. Has a stinker today in a very very poor side so here we are having to start the whole cycle over again, build form in the SANFL, wait for an injury...

We can’t be waiting for the “perfect” opportunity to blood young talent, because there’s every chance that opportunity won’t present itself.
Yep.
Exactly why he should have played against Sydney when a spot opened up.

We're coming into a really difficult period where we play a lot of finalists, and will be forced to make changes due to injury and form.

By not debuting kids in these easier matches, we'll need to bring in some players for their first games against the likes of West Coast, Port and Richmond

Poor management
Thats how the Adelaide Football Club rolls. Absolute joke.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
First poor selections this year, cannot believe they are still contemplating Kelly’s fitness on gameday. If he plays, guarantee Hately gets on in the first quarter.

Mackay and injured Lynch both poor selections. Why we wouldn't just put Kelly on ice until he's right and debut the in form Worrell is typical of our club's selection philosophy.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Next week will be the test for the selectors if Frampton plays ordinarily tomorrow, today is the 1st time this year Himmelberg has looked anywhere near AFL standard this season, not dominant but competitive at least today.
Himm took some good marks.. didnt do much with the ball once he did though.. and still misses from 35m out straight in front. the lad is ordinary by foot.

frampton is rubbish too.

cant wait till TT is ready.. then we dont need either of EH or BF.

TT just isnt ready yet.. looked alright in patches today but the eagles lads were applying the blowtorch most of the game, made it hard. looked like he spent most of the day lined up on the wing.

TT‘s ability to pick the ball up off the deck on the run for a lad his size is bloody astounding!.. its beautiful to watch.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Nah, tracking fine as a small pressure forward/mid, the polish will come with confidence.
Murphy, McAdam and Rowe are doing better.

Murphy more up the ground/forward, Rowe and McAdam natural goal kickers.

Newchurch will be banging that small forward door down soon. Genuine, very quick leg speed and goal nous. We lack keg speed.

Hately needs to play. Especially with MCrouch out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thats how the Adelaide Football Club rolls. Absolute joke.
tenor_gif7109008085831948945_65154482525590.gif

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
First poor selections this year, cannot believe they are still contemplating Kelly’s fitness on gameday. If he plays, guarantee Hately gets on in the first quarter.
I have a feeling Kelly isn't playing, they know it.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Murphy, McAdam and Rowe are doing better.

Murphy more up the ground/forward, Rowe and McAdam natural goal kickers.

Newchurch will be banging that small forward door down soon. Genuine, very quick leg speed and goal nous. We lack keg speed.

Hately needs to play. Especially with MCrouch out.

See where you're coming from, but McHenry is IMO one of those types you just need to keep getting games into in order to develop confidence, especially after the injury troubles he's had

If he's making the same mistakes a year on that he is currently (i.e. when Newchurch is likely gonna be ready to start playing), then I agree. For now, I'm not too worried though

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I have a feeling Kelly isn't playing, they know it.

Yep, I'd be shocked if he doesn't come in

It'll be Murray for Kelly and Hately as sub, though. Which actually isn't a bad thing, gives us that extra height in defence

Back