Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance they will send him occasionally deep forward and stretch the Power with Aliir out?
Or allow us to send Worrell forward at times...

We're going to see what the kid is made of that's for sure.
One thing is a certainty, on Thursday Night, the game will be the focus of the "AFL world" its a huge stage to be making a debut and there will be a spotlight on him for sure.

For a Crows player, outside of Finals, it doesnt get bigger than this.

Port captain to PLAY despite hamstring blow; young gun Crow to debut​

AFL ROUND 8 TEAM TIPS AND FIXTURE (all times AEST)

ADELAIDE CROWS v PORT ADELAIDE

Thursday May 2, 7:30pm at Adelaide Oval

Crows’ Round 7 team

B: L.Nankervis, J.Borlase, C.Jones

HB: J.Worrell, M.Keane, M.Michalanney

C: M.Hinge, M.Crouch, J.Dawson - C

HF: J.Soligo, T.Walker, J.Rachele

F: B.Cook, D.Fogarty, I.Rankine

FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, B.Keays

I/C: W.Hamill, E.Himmelberg, L.Pedlar, N.McHenry, L.Sholl

EMG: B.Dowling, L.Gollant, L.Murphy

Team Tips: It was a brutal demolition of North Melbourne last Saturday orchestrated by the Crows, with few players not pulling their weight. Luke Pedlar will undergo surgery on his dislocated shoulder, and looks set to miss the rest of 2024 - paving the way for Lachie Murphy to make his long-awaited return from injury after 17 disposals in the reserves. As per Channel 7’s Theo Doropoulos, young gun Dan Curtin will make his long-awaited debut this Thursday night after 31 disposals, seven marks and a goal in the SANFL last weekend. Inside bull Sam Berry will be available after missing last weekend with a foot injury, after completing a full training on Monday.Utility Chris Burgess kicked four goals straight in the two’s, but his like-for-like Elliott Himmelberg performed strongly against the Kangaroos with 15 disposals and two goals.

Power’s Round 7 team

B: K.Farrell, E.Ratugolea, B.Zerk-Thatcher

HB: La.Jones, A.Aliir, D.Houston

C: M.Bergman, O.Wines, W.Drew

HF: D.Byrne-Jones, T.Marshall, C.Rozee - C

F: S.Powell-Pepper, C.Dixon, W.Rioli

FOLL: J.Sweet, J.Horne-Francis, Z.Butters

I/C: J.Mead, J.Burgoyne, T.Boak, M.Georgiades, D.Williams

EMG: D.Visentini, F.Evans, T.Clurey

Team Tips: All of a sudden, it’s injuries galore at Alberton – with forward Sam Powell-Pepper heartbreakingly rupturing his ACL against St Kilda on Friday night. Aliir Aliir will miss the Showdown in concussion protocols, while captain Connor Rozee has remarkably been deemed available for the clash, despite a low-grade hamstring strain. Forward Jed McEntee, defender Ryan Burton and key back Tom Clurey were all late withdrawals from the SANFL side’s match last Saturday due to the aforementioned injuries, with McEntee and Clurey the two most likely to come in as replacements.

Curtin gives us flexibility and ambiguity in the way we set up both in attack and defensively.
Much prefer a side where we can mix things up when needed with players capable of changing roles.

Curtin & Worrell capable of playing back/forward & midfield (wing for now).

We looked better against Carlton when using Dawson & Laird in different roles.

Last edited:
Interesting they announced it today..

Not tomorrow morning before team selections are released tomorrow night..

Does it possibly mean there is another announcement tomorrow morning?…

Dowling?…

How we cant pick dowling over that unflushable turd murphy is beyond me..

Dowling?…

Im glad they told him today to be honest, gives him time to take it all in and also "celebrate" with his family the achievement tonight.

Dowling?…

No chance of another debutant, not when Smith, Berry and Murphy are fit to play

Crows’ Round 7 team

B: L.Nankervis, J.Borlase, C.Jones

HB: J.Worrell, M.Keane, M.Michalanney

C: M.Hinge, M.Crouch, J.Dawson - C

HF: J.Soligo, T.Walker, J.Rachele

F: B.Cook, D.Fogarty, I.Rankine

FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, B.Keays

I/C: W.Hamill, E.Himmelberg, L.Pedlar, N.McHenry, L.Sholl

EMG: B.Dowling, L.Gollant, L.Murphy

Pedlar playing? Typo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port captain to PLAY despite hamstring blow; young gun Crow to debut​

AFL ROUND 8 TEAM TIPS AND FIXTURE (all times AEST)

ADELAIDE CROWS v PORT ADELAIDE

Thursday May 2, 7:30pm at Adelaide Oval

Luke Pedlar will undergo surgery on his dislocated shoulder, and looks set to miss the rest of 2024 - paving the way for Lachie Murphy to make his long-awaited return from injury after 17 disposals in the reserves.
Not long enough

Well, Nicksy has surprised me but I’m very bloody happy they’ve had the courage to finally debut this kid!

Courage has nothing to do with it. Its nothing short of the equivalent of a politician trying to con the public for votes.

My theory, there was an intense behind the scenes meeting between Nicks and those who hold him accountable. Within 5 days of Nicks flat out saying he has no plans to play Curtin any time soon magically Nicks had a massive change of heart. Nah, even though Nicks makes the final decisions on who he plays, there is no doubt in my mind this was a very strong can't ignore recommendation from above.

The only news about this announcement is an article with Dawsons reaction, nothing from Nicks. Tells you everything you need to know when mr PR isn't included in any announcement.

I for one can't be happier, can't wait.

Back