Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So you agree that he lined up in the forwards at every centre bounce. However you did venture up to the wing and beyond on occasions.

Do you understand the role of the high half forward in modern footy? If he doesn’t park himself on the half forward flank like Diamond Jim Tilbrook then he surely isn’t a “true” forward?

Weren’t we going to be Owen 10 and not debut a Kid all season?

PS Your constant reference to FIGJAM screams Boomer every time you use it, which is frequently. Please continue this, it amuses me.
Oh, so when you justified his possessions by referencing him as a small forward, you weren’t actually meaning small forward, you meant high half forward. Yes I do understand the role he plays, he gets to roam up and down the ground, generally without a player, therefore racking up possessions should be relatively easy for an experienced afl player in the SANFL. You made it sound like 17 was a decent return. I saw how earnt those disposals and I wasn’t so easily pleased.

So you wouldn’t pick him and yet defend his impending selection, hmm.

PS I do understand you like to make stuff up to try and win a point, but constant and frequently hey? Well you have the search function, you will have no issue quoting how many times I have used that term to describe you in the last 12 months. When you acknowledge the very low amount of times, I expect you to retract it.

As for using the term boomer as an insult, I didn’t realise you were an ageist as well as a FIGJAM.

Did you watch the entire match? On device or live?

Imho Murphy looked a bit flat but he was not terrible. For a small forward in a team that was well beaten, he had 14 kicks, 3 handballs , 7 marks and 2 tackles. He wasn’t damaging but nor were all but one of his team mates.

He is a 25 year old player who is in our leadership group. He should be dominating at SANFL level.

His AFL form was absolutely terrible this year. He contributed absolutely nothing. His 3 games he contributed 24 touches, zero goals, zero behinds, 1 goal assist, 4 tackles, 3 clearances.

Lachie Sholl put up better numbers last week in 1 game than what Murphy was able to put up in 3 games.

Has been pathetic in AFL, and "flat but not terrible" in the SANFL. There should be no reason he gets anywhere near the field on Thursday night.

FWIW, caught up with a very good mate of Nicksy. Petty is a lock to us at the end of this year. No idea on the workings of the trade but it’s all but a done deal. Will be another solid addition, along with Michalanney and Welsh to our list.

Can you tell Nicksy's good mate that Nicksy has no idea what he is doing and should quit.

Thanks in advance.

Likely changes:

Butts for Borlase (unlucky).

Curtin for Pedlar (inj).

Smith for Hamill (unlucky).

Berry into the 23 as sub. Ned omitted.

Finally showing a bit of depth.

Depth?

We are 2-5 and replacing an "unlucky" Borlase and an "unlucky" Hamill. That isnt depth.

Depth is when you have to replace good players that are in form with better players.

We have a slew of pretty average players in our side - Hamill, Cook, Sholl, Jones, McHenry, Nankervis, Pedlar, Borlase, Himmelberg - when in reality we should be having 1-2 of these types of players in the side.

Now - before people get crazy about Cook/Nankervis/Pedlar - they absolutely need to be in the side and IMO have shown enough quality that they can be good AFL players. They just aren't there yet.

FWIW, caught up with a very good mate of Nicksy. Petty is a lock to us at the end of this year. No idea on the workings of the trade but it’s all but a done deal. Will be another solid addition, along with Michalanney and Welsh to our list.
No wonder petty looks and is playing miserable.

He is a 25 year old player who is in our leadership group. He should be dominating at SANFL level.

His AFL form was absolutely terrible this year. He contributed absolutely nothing. His 3 games he contributed 24 touches, zero goals, zero behinds, 1 goal assist, 4 tackles, 3 clearances.

Lachie Sholl put up better numbers last week in 1 game than what Murphy was able to put up in 3 games.

Has been pathetic in AFL, and "flat but not terrible" in the SANFL. There should be no reason he gets anywhere near the field on Thursday night.
Yeah especially given he was playing against mechanics and plumbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against weak opposition ie under little to no pressure, Sholl glides downhill accumulating at will.
Any other time/s he becomes a chew-toy, brushed easily off the ball and rag-dolled when he has it.
There should be no reason he gets anywhere near the field on Thursday night.
This!
No way Murphy should be selected.

I don’t think we will drop Nank, that would be madness

I agree it would be madness.

It wouldn't surprise me if we did though.

We know that Nicks absolutely loves Smith and Murphy - so for me thats 2 ins. We have a confirmed Curtin debut. Its either Butts or Borlase, so really we need to worry about 3 players dropping out (as Butts/Borlase wont really impact it IMO).

Pedlar is confirmed out with injury. So we need to drop 2 more players to accommodate the ins.

Hamill is the obvious one, but then it comes down to Jones, McHenry, Cook and Nank for the other out. I dont think Nicks will drop Jones. I think he will want to use McHenry as the sub so it will come down to Cook and Nank and it would be tough to drop cook after 3 goals.

If this involves our top pick this year (top 6) I will fly over to Adelaide and get my burning effigy of Nicks and pitchfork to protest down North terrace.

We know that Nicks absolutely loves Smith and Murphy - so for me thats 2 ins. We have a confirmed Curtin debut. Its either Butts or Borlase, so really we need to worry about 3 players dropping out (as Butts/Borlase wont really impact it IMO).

Pedlar is confirmed out with injury. So we need to drop 2 more players to accommodate the ins.

Hamill is the obvious one, but then it comes down to Jones, McHenry, Cook and Nank for the other out. I dont think Nicks will drop Jones. I think he will want to use McHenry as the sub so it will come down to Cook and Nank and it would be tough to drop cook after 3 goals.

Has to be Hamill for Curtin surely... You can shuffle Jones/Nank into that Hamill role easily. Unless they specifically want Hamill to play on Rioli.

If he chooses Murphy over Nank might as well burn the place down. It’s Murphy or McHenry. McHenry was already sub on his way out the door.

Out Borlase, McHenry, Hamill, Pedlar
In Butts, Curtin, Smith, Murphy

Would be my guess but I’d go Berry over Murphy

I honestly don’t know where we plan on playing Curtin, I can’t imagine dropping Borlase and not playing Butts given Ports talls.

Back