Prediction Changes: Round 23 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see how amiss will play. Fyfe will definitely play if he gets through training Wednesday. That is a certainty. Jlo Will want to get gametime into the captain to give us the best chance in finals.
Imagine if we somehow got peak Fyfe back for finals?
Wouldnt be surprised if Sturt comes in for someone like Switta as a late withdrawal.
Jlo talking him up is a good sign for him you’d think

You’d argue Lobb can still mark arms out literally lace out - most against dogs were this way

In the wet on sat - delivery was average and on top of getting the hit early, he was useless above his head

He will be targeted in the finals no doubt,the club will simply ask if it’ll get any worse or if a few weeks off will make any difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t see how amiss will play. Fyfe will definitely play if he gets through training Wednesday. That is a certainty. Jlo Will want to get gametime into the captain to give us the best chance in finals.
Wouldnt be surprised if Sturt comes in for someone like Switta as a late withdrawal.
When did Jlo talk Sturty up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe wont be at peak this year he has missed too much football.

Best case scenario is he can make a difference in the forward line structure by taking pressure off the other talls by dragging the number 1 or 2 defender to him because of his contested marking.

His set shot kicking still doesn't give me any confidence either.

Who cares?

Just ask Hogan if he is playing finals this season? LoL
Me because he's an interesting matchup and in good form, just signed on for two more years too.
Trying to remember who we played on him previously, funnily enough I actually think Logue would be a good matchup, but maybe Cox?

Best case scenario is he can make a difference in the forward line structure by taking pressure off the other talls by dragging the number 1 or 2 defender to him because of his contested marking.
Agreed. If by chance Lobb doesnt get up, Fyfe at FF would make sense. Might snag a couple from close range and would at least provide a contest and bring the ball to ground.
The question would be, if Lobb doesnt play, is if Meek, Sturt, Amiss or Fyfe would play that role better. Difficult choices really. Meek allows Darcy a rest without having to rely on Logue. Can take a mark and contest.
Out of all of them (if Lobb doesnt play), I lean toward Fyfe at FF with Mundy moving down there if Fyfe takes a run in the centre. Mundy not a contested marking beast, but would lead and force a defender to cover him.
Still think Lobb will play though, so Fyfe may come in for someone ??Tucker.

There really is nothing to gain playing him. Absolute liability on the weekend. Clearly hampered and should be rested. I'd bring Meek in for Lobb so that Logue can stay forward. Fyfe in for Tucker

Agree, although I'd only bring Fyfe in if he's 100%. We can't afford to lose him, so I'd be playing it super cautious. He can play WAFL next week if need be.

Me because he's an interesting matchup and in good form, just signed on for two more years too.
Trying to remember who we played on him previously, funnily enough I actually think Logue would be a good matchup, but maybe Cox?
Pearce didn't play so I think cox took Himmelberg and I remember ryan and logue rotated on hogan

There really is nothing to gain playing him. Absolute liability on the weekend. Clearly hampered and should be rested. I'd bring Meek in for Lobb so that Logue can stay forward. Fyfe in for Tucker
I get that point, but he played injured the week before and kicked multiple goals as the delivery to him was better.
I guess the medical team has decided that what ever the injury is, it may not actually get any better with rest. Difficult to say with surety as we dont really know what the actual injury is.
I am not adverse to Meek coming in, nor Fyfe....

Last edited:
I'd play Hughes this weekend in defense and get Cox up forward.
Bring in Meek and Sturt as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back