Preview Changes v Bulldogs - Rd 8 - Saturday 7:10pm May 15 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Sling tackle. Not sure how much was in it, but the optics on those is never good. Opponent (McHenry) I think was subbed off.

EDIT : The usual calls from commentary for the death penalty. Just so there was absolutely no conflict of interest in the box, they threw to Ricciuto for his opinion.

Man can boy didn’t help

Sling tackle. Not sure how much was in it, but the optics on those is never good. Opponent (McHenry) I think was subbed off.

EDIT : The usual calls from commentary for the death penalty. Just so there was absolutely no conflict of interest in the box, they threw to Ricciuto for his opinion.
He will probs get two matches, and just accept it.

The Dogs will play both Martin and English?
Saturday looking wet at this stage?

Might be one of those nights it's just a slog kick the ball forward and hold it in. I'm guessing the knock on Hayes is positioning well he just gets a kick behind the ball on a wet night we put Ladhams in as well he's shown to be useful around gaol and does the ruck work inside 50?

Hayes/Ladhams could be the go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is injured I think so it will be English by his himself or English and Sweet. So a fairly good game to be playing our number 2 ruck.

I think they still have some concerns over Hayes' tank so my gut feel is that they wouldn't play him unless they also played Ladhams to give him a chop out.

Motlop didn't do much but probably has some credits in the bank. I'd be half tempted to get Bonner in for him and retain Fred but I don't think it would happen.

In Ladhams, Bonner, Lienert (Sub)
Out Lycett, Houston, Fred

Definitely need to give Hayes a taste the enforced rest for scooter might be good for him in the long run does so much grunt work.
I only saw the last qrt of the Maggie's game young Jase looks like a top prospect 👌

Has Ladhams actually ever shown an ability to play ruck at AFL level? All of my positive memories of him are as a lead up player or as an opportunist forward. His ruckwork has by and large been a disaster. Fresh in the mind is him getting hung, drawn and quartered by best and second best on ground Marshall and Ryder last year.

Out: Motlop
Lycett (suspension)

In: Bonner
Ladhams
No to ladhams, if he plays no 1 ruck we are ****ed. They will absolutely smash us. Might as well drop 2 back into defence cause that’s where the ball will be 5 secs after the centre bounce

play the kid, see what he’s got, he’s 1000% better ruckman than ladhams

Has Ladhams actually ever shown an ability to play ruck at AFL level? All of my positive memories of him are as a lead up player or as an opportunist forward. His ruckwork has by and large been a disaster. Fresh in the mind is him getting hung, drawn and quartered by best and second best on ground Marshall and Ryder last year.
At very best he’s an adequate 2nd ruckman..

In form and with his confidence up Ladhams is a half decent ruck but really he's a rookie and it’s possible we are just going to get a mixed bag until he gets a few dozen game games up.
It’s a roll of the dice just Ladhams and with 6-6-6 do we really want the Dogs mids getting the ball forward on what could be a wet night.

It's the exact opposite. He's an ok Ruckman, god awful forward.

Last year he was very good against carlton as the no 1 ruck, serviceable against Gawn and if my memory serves correct pretty good against the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back