Unofficial Preview Changes v Carlton (AKA GWS castoffs + young stars)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor fella.. Roweyy said he got the meeting time wrong. Thought he was the 930 one when he was supposed to be at the 830 one.
Elbows naturally knocking the club for being too hard on DBJ but I guess in a game of tiny percentages total attention to detail is required.
It is not that he was 15' late, then. It can be cultural what I am about say, but being one hour late seems to be another matter entirely.

Would we drop Paddy if he was an hour late? I ****en hope not. Same for a finals games.

Mid winter expecting to win this game. Good game to get tough on a small misdemeanour.

If a player arrives one hour late for practice in GF week, I wouldn't trust putting him in the line-up, tbh. I am not worried about the precedent this sets. The applied sanction seems fair for the comitted foul.

If Paddy, or any player for that matter, arrives one hour late, it is better he has a great excuse for that. Otherwise, the penalty should be applied accordingly. Why not?

Our team when we lost to them in 2016:

PORT ADELAIDE
B
  • Jarman Impey
  • Tom Jonas
  • Jasper Pittard
HB
  • Nathan Krakouer
  • Jack Hombsch
  • Matthew Broadbent
C
  • Jared Polec
  • Ollie Wines
  • Darcy Byrne-Jones
HF
  • Jake Neade
  • Charlie Dixon
  • Paul Stewart
F
  • Aaron Young
  • Justin Westhoff
  • Chad Wingard
FOL
  • Jackson Trengove
  • Travis Boak
  • Brad Ebert
I/C
  • Hamish Hartlett
  • Cam O'Shea
  • Karl Amon
  • Brendon Ah Chee

Very different looking side.

Our team when we lost to them in 2016:

PORT ADELAIDE
B
  • Jarman Impey
  • Tom Jonas
  • Jasper Pittard
HB
  • Nathan Krakouer
  • Jack Hombsch
  • Matthew Broadbent
C
  • Jared Polec
  • Ollie Wines
  • Darcy Byrne-Jones
HF
  • Jake Neade
  • Charlie Dixon
  • Paul Stewart
F
  • Aaron Young
  • Justin Westhoff
  • Chad Wingard
FOL
  • Jackson Trengove
  • Travis Boak
  • Brad Ebert
I/C
  • Hamish Hartlett
  • Cam O'Shea
  • Karl Amon
  • Brendon Ah Chee

Very different looking side.
Okaaaay That is a bit more reassuring

True, but then Jonas is even slower!

Jonas isn't nearly as slow as Hombsch. Not even close. Jonas isn't slow at all actually. Pretty sure I've seen him hit some great top speeds on the Telstra data.

Jonas isn't nearly as slow as Hombsch. Not even close. Jonas isn't slow at all actually. Pretty sure I've seen him hit some great top speeds on the Telstra data.
You reckon? I disagree. I reckon there would be much difference between them. They play a different style is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBJ did the wrong thing and arrived very late, for whatever reason.

What were his mates doing? In my job, if it looks like I’m running late or missing a meeting, my mates get on the phone and call me, trying to find me....

if the rumours are correct and he mistook the start time of the meeting, honest mistake, it sound harsh.

Happy for Trengrove though.

Surely it’s dougal who takes curnow with clurey on casboult!
Nah, Hombsch actually has a pretty good record against the big fellas (I remember him taking Hawkins and matching him for strength and on the lead).

Hombsch: Casboult
Dougal: Curnow
Clurey: Silvagni I guess?

It is not that he was 15' late, then. It can be cultural what I am about say, but being one hour late seems to be another matter entirely.

If a player arrives one hour late for practice in GF week, I wouldn't trust putting him in the line-up, tbh. I am not worried about the precedent this sets. The applied sanction seems fair for the comitted foul.

If Paddy, or any player for that matter, arrives one hour late, it is better he has a great excuse for that. Otherwise, the penalty should be applied accordingly. Why not?

Because we could lose.

Everyone is equal but some more equal than others.

We are not talking serial offenders here or a player that is key to our lineup being a "bad egg". If you are an average player you do everything right. You are a great player accidents happen and we better win.

What were his mates doing? In my job, if it looks like I’m running late or missing a meeting, my mates get on the phone and call me, trying to find me....

if the rumours are correct and he mistook the start time of the meeting, honest mistake, it sound harsh.

Probably a regular thing. An unknown person at an unknown business in an unknown suburb up the st is his girlfriends sister, she got up and went to work he kept sleeping. Likes to sleep in apparently.

Doesn’t he live with Ollie?
It sounds like they all had different meeting times and DBJ got confused with his.
With so many players pushing for the 22 spots I don’t mind Ken reinforcing the standards now.
I wonder if the SPP thing and other indiscretions has caused him to shorten the lead on the players a bit.

There are some appointments and meetings you just do not come late to! Arrive late to an average training run might see you off with a warning or a slap on the wrist, but I imagine the first meeting on a Monday post-weekend is a non-negotiable, do-not-miss!

Rather than trash-talk the coaches and leaders by talking about double-standards, why not get behind them as they make a statement on the team's adherence to elite standards?!

I don't mind it,

About setting a precedent for finals, I highly doubt its a major issue at the club or that it will happen again after seeing the example set on dbj.

I don't see it as a precedent but as a warning.

I reckon they have a resting program post China game.
I think that is the case too & that we couldn't be seen to be taking Carlton lightly by resting two players so used this as a chance to enforce standards and make an example. DBJ did have a bit of hamstring 'awareness' after last weeks game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back