Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it interesting how we’re all “experts” on team selection. But maybe, just maybe a 4 time premiership coach wants to see what happens if he gives the same guys a go again instead of chopping and changing. We got overrun. Maybe this week we will be able to implement some learnings re trying to stem back an opposition’s run on. I don’t know.

If i see any Carlton fans in my bay it’s on for the young and old
They will be in our areas as our so called 41K members won’t turn up as there an Easter egg hunt got to go to church the Grand Prix oh that’s last week excuse.
They say the NMFC has the Shinboner spirit may we should be called the NMFC supporters excuse spirit

Those having the unpleasant experience of seeing endless curnow frees last yr might remember
11 different players yes half the team
Zurhaar and wait Sleevo kicked 3
Chom no kicks
Larks no goals
And cunners subbed off
Onward we march
Fair point - without McKay their talls kicked double figures. Only imo, but our side is stronger than this fixture last year

No player changes. Can changes be made to the coaching staff instead this week? Their first half was awesome with whatever moves and strategy they had in place!!! Pretty average coaching in the 2nd half. (Eg, not moving Zurhaar into the middle till Q4, role for Stephens??, selecting CCJ etc ) and maybe we drop one of them to the VFL program for a few weeks to also lift their game.

Just want to see a 4 QTR effort this week with Stephens and Stephenson playing the game of their lives.

You can’t see any improvement in the team from last year? The system the structure, the list? The competitiveness against top teams?

Nothing to back in?
Of course there has been improvement, but we could be even better. Blokes like CCJ and Laz gave us nothing last week. Same as the previous week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course there has been improvement, but we could be even better. Blokes like CCJ and Laz gave us nothing last week. Same as the previous week.

In your opinion - which is fine. But the coaches want to back in a group that showed us the best footy we’ve played as a group in years for a half and challenge them to be better and do it for 4 quarters.

For me - that’s a great call.

Last edited:
No changes makes sense given they only played 2 quarters last week. They should be filthy letting Freo off the hook and aiming to pump Carlton tomorrow.

Seeing what roles Dursma, Sheez and Colby play is more interesting that getting panties in a twist over who is 22nd, 23rd player selected.

Going to be an awesome day. Can't wait.

It’s round 3 after a long summer and a strong commitment to the game plan.

Turn it up
It's not the game plan mate, it's having 4 or 5 blokes hopelessly out of form, devoid of any form or just plain simple not up to it. I can see the game plan but we are carrying player who are perennial squibs or VFL grade players.

Stephens
Stephenson
Tucker
Corr
Lazz

They are not first time offenders, I don't know what the f*** backing them in every week brings. Would have liked 2 or 3 changes to bring in fresh looks.

A game plan well coached shouldn't rely on the same 22 or it's doomed to fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back