Changes v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Score involvements are if you have a possession in the chain that ends up in a score, correct? That is damning on Caleb Daniel. So he gets it to a player safely but those players might not be in advantageous positions??
Apologies. I didn’t update JJ and Daniels score involvements to the correct figures.

Hayes might be an inspired selection. I thought he was picking up the pace of the seniors reasonably when he was dropped earlier in the season.

I remember him being completely out of his depth.

I predict he will go ok. He's pretty versatile where he can play coming off the bench. Could be a good bench rotation choice.

When you break down his qualities so succinctly, I imagine we’ll be hard pressed to hang onto Hayes in the next couple of trade periods. Can’t play football but you should see this lad come off the bench. Hawks, Tigers, Pies...everyone is going to be kicking the door down to get their mitts on, bench rotation superstar, Will Hayes.

Essendon will win this by 20+ goals. Stringer will kick 7. Zack Merret and Dylan Shiel will embarrass our mids and Hooker and Ambrose will mark every ball we send inside 50.
It's been sooo long since you had a decent bite that it's come to this???? You're better than this Scrag. Lift son!

Yeah, when you lose a game the week before because of woeful foot skills and decision making when driving the ball forward, playing well enough in every other facet of the game but let down by atrocious forward entries and shots on goal...And then Will Hayes is brought in?

It's just so perplexing when you consider what our issues were last week and what needed to be rectified.

That being said, Essendon's gone for 6 changes, can't be ideal for them. And Hayes alone is unlikely to determine the outcome of this game. There'll be a lot more at play, so hopefully our more experienced players step up and lead the way, because some of them have been letting us down big time.

Hayes?? Surely Bevvo is in "Tank Mode" now..

Hunter should have been dropped... He needs to go back to the Magoo's and earn back his place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you imagine Hayes is French for Sweet it helps you get through, I would not be surprised at a late
change of Lachlan Young in for the injured Hayden Crozier just a feeling I am getting.

I know Hayes is not French for Sweet by the way.

darthbards is my favourite poster and the Earth is flat.

Last edited:
Essendon will win this by 20+ goals. Stringer will kick 7. Zack Merret and Dylan Shiel will embarrass our mids and Hooker and Ambrose will mark every ball we send inside 50.

Have you been watching us lately? We are trash. Your mids will run riot over us. Dogs by 33.

Also how bad is Daniels Hammie? He out for long (SuperCoach)

No Saad or Francis for essendon means they're going to seriously lack intercept ability and attack from the back line which is where most of their goals are generated from. Hayes is not a bad kick by foot but he isn't elite either. I hope he's there to provide forward pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back