Opinion Changes v giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, sure, aside from the fact that we just got thumped by St Failda.

I'm not against having Smith in the middle, but that doesn't necessarily mean Macrae has to play a different role for 98% of the game.

We're not locked in a rigid system where we have to keep playing the same 3 midfielders at every stoppage. Rotations exist. All of Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Smith, Lipinski and others got rotated in and out of the stoppages all the time. There's no reason to have Macrae playing a permanent outside role after he's just had an AA year playing a good balance of inside and outside.
I mean, sure, if you want to attribute the move of one player to us losing. Go ahead. Personally don't think it's that helpful to connect team performance when talking about individuals. The fact was he was moved so Smith could play in the middle and was then BOG for us.

Yes rotations exist but after about midway last season we pretty much locked it down to 3 players taking the majority of centre stoppages. To reduce everyone's time in there would be then affecting 2 additional players and our overall strategy. It would have follow on effects across the ground. Maybe that's the way Bev goes, we'll see.

Well, actually there is a reason for it which I've now explained twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back