Preview Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

What type of things are we talking about with Tarryn? Instagram posts out at a club every week or something?
Must be the mural!
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Turner get dropped after last weekend

One could ask the question how can his teammates trust a player that produces 3 possessions, of which two are clangers, and no tackles from 85% game time. Jack Mahoney's worst game has been substantially better than that.

Over the years i have learned that umpiring can go both ways and for the past 5+ years have been am less inclined to 'blame' umpires for our losses and they certainly can't be responsible for the losses we've had our the past few seasons, however the skill levels of umpires seems proportional to where a team is on the ladder and we really appear to have copped the b graders last year and this year. Inconsistency in making calls is the biggest issue across the board and can be incredibly frustrating when it happens within a match and can change from quarter to quarter umpire to umpire, I don't know how to fix it other than bringing in arbitrary rules for example if the ball goes out of bounds it is always a free kick to the opposition and only a throw in where it can't be determined which side it came off, a player when tackled has no more than 5 seconds to dispose of a ball otherwise it is holding the ball, if the umpire cannot be 100% sure the player disposed of the ball correctly it's called incorrect disposal, another intervention could be 'the challenge' whereby captains have 5 challenges per match on free kicks called, which are then video reviewed and adjudicated by video umpire, this would at least make the umpires more accountable and probably more consistent.

Anyway I have digressed, what I really want to know (because I have no clue) is how do those on this forum who do have a clue rate this weeks umpires?
Nick Brown (13), John Howorth (17), Andre Gianfagna (27)

Thomas dropped for not meeting the required standards

Nearly got snapped in half with his smother earlier this year, amazing courage/commitment.

**** me.

That bird was hunting and when I laughed at Val's comment it turned and started straight down its beak at me. It was almost intimidating actually. It wasn't real impressed, I must have spoooked whatever it was hunting.
The ire of a Kingfisher

Nearly got snapped in half with his smother earlier this year, amazing courage/commitment.

**** me.
Probably not an on field thing then?

Probably not an on field thing then?

Yes he plays up a bit and enjoys himself.

What a crime that is.........

With how s**t we are i'm surprised most of our players aren't on a permanent bender (maybe they are, they play like it)

Yes he plays up a bit and enjoys himself.

What a crime that is.........

With how s**t we are i'm surprised most of our players aren't on a permanent bender (maybe they are, they play like it)
If there is a specific rule around behaviour, that they all agree to, and he chooses not to then yea, thats s**t. Its not a f*cken keel hauling, but actions have consequences.

If it was decided that thomas shouldnt have to face the consequences cause he's above playing vfl or something like that, then THAT would be f*cken dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is a specific rule around behaviour, that they all agree to, and he chooses not to then yea, thats s**t. Its not a f*cken keel hauling, but actions have consequences.

So our Captain and Vice Captain being utterly shithouse most weeks doesn't have consequences?

Are we a footy team or a group of mormons?

So our Captain and Vice Captain being utterly shithouse most weeks doesn't have consequences?

Two separate issues. Demoting JZ to the VFL isn't going to suddenly de-age him, for example, but if TT has broken team rules (which does seem to be the implication the club gave, but for all we know it has nothing to do with drinking/partying) then being put in a position to earn back respect might bring about positive change.

IF, cause this really just supposing at this point, thomas has done something off field that goes against the agreed standards of behaviours then that has sweet f*ck all to do with on field performance. But that's just how im reading it, not an established fact.

Sure, others should have been dropped for on field performance, i dont disagree, but thats nothing to do with this hypothetical.

Two separate issues. Demoting JZ to the VFL isn't going to suddenly de-age him, for example, but if TT has broken team rules (which does seem to be the implication the club gave, but for all we know it has nothing to do with drinking/partying) then being put in a position to earn back respect might bring about positive change.

Well i'm awaiting mail on TT as I do have a source that knows him very well. What I do know is the club statement is not 100% true and there is more to it - I will post when I hear back and no I don't make s**t up.

Outside that I understand where you are coming from, and yes probably correct, I guess i'm just finding our selections/decisions/gameplan etc more baffling/frustrating by the week.

IF, cause this really just supposing at this point, thomas has done something off field that goes against the agreed standards of behaviours then that has sweet f*ck all to do with on field performance. But that's just how im reading it, not an established fact.

Sure, others should have been dropped for on field performance, i dont disagree, but thats nothing to do with this hypothetical.

Fair enough, Dev had a similar point of view and I accept that.

When I hear what actually happened I will let you know and the club statement is just generic "standards" etc hence the speculation.

I’d prefer when they drop a player like TT, that they announce the team sheet and not say a word.

Too many supporters hang off every word and try and work out the meaning of every single word.

Same for Patch, needed to be an internal only conversation last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Okey Dokey.

I's fair to say TT deserved to be dropped considering what happened.

(PM if want to know and yes it's true - I don't propose to know much at all about any of the players, and rarely give any inside info as I don't have any to give, but I do know TTs contacts)

I’d prefer when they drop a player like TT, that they announce the team sheet and not say a word.

Too many supporters hang off every word and try and work out the meaning of every single word.

Same for Patch, needed to be an internal only conversation last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Like JHF's hammy? Hilarious. Nothing to do with hammy and nothing to do with Adelaide.

**** me.
Missing training to party with an opposing teams player for his birthday on a Wednesday night is not team standards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back