Unofficial Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts had a good game last week, and he's always pretty good with the spoil. Don't mind the change, he's ahead of Collins (which is no surprise, Dad is only 19) and we could use another tall going back. It means Roughy will probably play more up forward which I like, as it means there'll usually be either him or Campbell down there.

Pretty sure Dad is 18.

If he were only 19 we'd have played him last week.

It's all a ploy. Roberts is actually coming in as a FF because we realised we struggled under the high ball inside 50 last week, with our mids resting across half-back instead of half-forward to get the balance right.

If I was going a tall defender, then I would have thought Hamling. Fletch certainly took some nice marks last week, but looked slow. But then he was playing on Membrey, who is pretty slick. Clearly they want East to play on a small/med so the tall defender was brought in. The Good thing is we are not as exposed for talls as we might have been. Fletch will probably take Brown or Goldy, leaving Moris to play on Petrie? Still think Wood is the best match up for Waite, but will Adams take him?

Really?

I've seen enough of Fletch to know he's a capable, canny defender who can do a job on most of the competition's big forwards. He's had his struggles with injury, and Walker monstered him in the elimination final (mind you, the 'push' everyone refers to should've been a free kick), but he's an excellent kick, reads the ball well in flight and competes physically.

I like this inclusion a lot.
You're probably right Ozil. I guess he's just turned into my whipping boy since Cordy and Grant are gone. But I do know for a fact he has his limitations. And I doubt when we are at our best he wouldn't be in our side. Obvisouly Collins isn't ready to go yet.
And bevo obvisouly mustn't see Hamling as a true lock down defender to bring him in.

The Matchups will depend on who plays where for the Roos, Adams generally plays on the deepest, Morris and Roberts on the guys that go up a bit further. Won't be you play on him, you play on him.

Mason Wood plays as a wingman/half forward. Has a good running capacity. Would probably help then against us, if anything.
Yeah I like him, he has a bit of David Myers about him, got a booming left peg, hope he makes it, he has a lot of attributes to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rea

I've seen enough of Fletch to know he's a capable, canny defender who can do a job on most of the competition's big forwards. He's had his struggles with injury, and Walker monstered him in the elimination final (mind you, the 'push' everyone refers to should've been a free kick), but he's an excellent kick, reads the ball well in flight and competes physically.

I like this inclusion a lot.
Yes, the push by Walker WAS A MONUMENTAL FREE KICK. I STILL WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! I think Roberts will do well. Let's keep the faith in these players. He would not be getting a game at such an important contest I think. He must have been doing something consistently right in the VFL. I still think that OUR ANACONDA VERSION OF FOOTY WILL GIVE US THE 4 POINTS. i.e. massive pressure at the contest, especially forward and midfield, thus slowly squeezing the air out of norf.

No idea. Just saw that his profile is a lovely shade of red.
Ah ok, well I will be thinking of him whenever Jongy is involved tomorrow. If he has been carded, I hope it was for standings up for Jongy. I did see a Norf poster post that Jongy wasn't fit to sleep with a pig, and MD stood up for him and said he was. Gotta love him.

Ah ok, well I will be thinking of him whenever Jongy is involved tomorrow. If he has been carded, I hope it was for standings up for Jongy. I did see a Norf poster post that Jongy wasn't fit to sleep with a pig, and MD stood up for him and said he was. Gotta love him.

Look, he was suspended. I don't know why and I don't give a s**t, don't bait someone when they have no way of responding. Guy is a dick but at least give him that form of respect

Edit: Also the MD hates Jong thing is getting really ******* old now. If we stop making jokes about it then maybe he'll shut the * up about Jong in return.

Look, he was suspended. I don't know why and I don't give a s**t, don't bait someone when they have no way of responding. Guy is a dick but at least give him that form of respect

Edit: Also the MD hates Jong thing is getting really ******* old now. If we stop making jokes about it then maybe he'll shut the **** up about Jong in return.
Settle mate, my post was not a crack at him and not to bait him. I enjoy his posts. I don't think he's a dick, far from it. I like his frankness and passion, I don't always agree with him. But that's all good. I don't mind his dislike for Jongy it's a bit of fun, I think you are taking it all too seriously. My post was all on jest, maybe lighten up a bit?

Looks like my mail about Collins was wrong...or was it? With Fletcher in, Morris or Adams would have to be a late out for Collins to play you'd think. Sorry if I misled - my guy was pretty confident about his information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back