Changes v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ben Keays, Matt Eagles, Claye Beams, Corey Lyons and Jake Barrett would all be next in line I reckon. Keays has been building into some nice form in the reserves. Eagles is starting to make it difficult for the coaches to leave him out, he deserves a chance. Barrett consistently finds the footy, lays tackles and kick 1-3 goals each week in the reserves so will always be on the cusp. Lyons similar to Keays has been building a case for a seniors call up for a number of weeks now. Claye Beams has put in some really nice NEAFL games and I reckon he'd be next in like for a call up over Bastinac, Bewick and Bell as those three have all had a run in the seniors and failed to capitalise on their opportunity.

Hodge will return and you'd think he'd be a straight swap for Robertson if suspended.

In: Hodge Keays Eagles
Out: Robertson(susp) Lester McStay

Edit: Forgot Mayes but I'd rather him spend a couple more weeks in the reserves and continue to build form/confidence.

Ben Keays, Matt Eagles, Claye Beams, Corey Lyons and Jake Barrett would all be next in line I reckon. Keays has been building into some nice form in the reserves. Eagles is starting to make it difficult for the coaches to leave him out, he deserves a chance. Barrett consistently finds the footy, lays tackles and kick 1-3 goals each week in the reserves so will always be on the cusp. Lyons similar to Keays has been building a case for a seniors call up for a number of weeks now. Claye Beams has put in some really nice NEAFL games and I reckon he'd be next in like for a call up over Bastinac, Bewick and Bell as those three have all had a run in the seniors and failed to capitalise on their opportunity.

Hodge will return and you'd think he'd be a straight swap for Robertson if suspended.

In: Hodge Keays Eagles
Out: Robertson(susp) Lester McStay

Edit: Forgot Mayes but I'd rather him spend a couple more weeks in the reserves and continue to build form/confidence.

I honestly don’t get how Allison stays in after back to back poor games, I’d have mayes over him other wise don’t mind the other 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm keen for CBeams to play HFF and see if he can give us some quality inside 50 entries. Maybe he replaces Taylor.

Bewick, Bell, Walker, Matho and Bastinac have had their chances and failed. Keays next to come in and get a chance in the midfield. Lester to lose his spot.

Hodge comes back in and replaces Allison or NRobbo if he's suspended.

Might give OMc one more game as Collingwood play 2 rucks. Although long term I don't think we should play him as a key forward/ second ruck

Sounds like Reid is injured so they may have a short forward line apart from Cox.

Backing Hipwood to have a big game.

Fairly sure Eagles is a cat B rookie? So can only be elevated by someone joining the long term injury list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In: Beams, Hodge
Out: Lester, Bailey(Rest)

Robertson, Gardiner, Hodge
Witherden, Andrews, Allison

McCluggage, Beams, Zorko

Beams, Hipwood, Cameron
Taylor, O-Mac, McStay

Foll: Martin, Rich, Robinson

Int: Bundy, Cutler, Berry, Rayner.

Beams, impressive form in the NEAFL and deserves a crack. I’d like to see him in the HFF where he can add some class with his ball use going into the fifty.

Baileys had a taste, makes way for Hodge. Better for the experience and will be returning in the side again this year.

Hoping Robertson gets off, the footage I seen was very blurry.

I’ve got Rich in the guts alongside Beams and Robinson. I think this move could help both Richy and Zorko massively. Need help from teammates as well for it to work.

Collingwood are playing a very Richmond style of game ATM and to beat them we are going to need to look at what worked and what didn't work against Richmond (lots didn't work).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs- Jacob Allison, Daniel McStay, Ryan Lester, Oscar McInerney, (All omitted). Nick Robertson (only if suspended).

Ins- Sam Mayes, Luke Hodge, Ben Keays, Matty Eagles, Claye Beams/Brandon Starcevich (if Nick susp.).

Mayes in for Allsion, Lester was the epitome of ordinary v the Giants, McInerney and Martin in the same side does not work. McStay needs another stint in the magoos to work on his deficiencies, I'm not writing him off yet though, he's still only 23 years of age, plenty of KPP don't hit their straps until their mid 20s.

Play Eagles KPD, Gardner can play on a medium or small fwd. If Claye has been marked as a likely never to return to senior level bring in Stacevich instead.

With the injuries that Collingwood have, there really isn't an excuse for a poor performance. Yes, they have been playing well but eventually the injury toll and the 3 games in 11 days are going to catch up. Not expecting a win but if we get smashed I will be very disappointed.

Out: Alison
In: Hodge

I would like to see Rich movie into a permanent midfield role for this weekend and play Zorko behind the ball. Need to do something to get the ball in his hands.

Out: Bailey (more development required - not done as a punishment. I think he's shown promise, but hasn't quite been to AFL standard yet)
In: Hodge

Out: Lester
In: C Beams (he hasn't had the opportunities like Bewick (eg). When his body allows him to string together 4 or 5 games, he really adds something to the team.

Out: Martin/McInerney (Martin if they want to get a few games into OMac, otherwise OMac, but we can't play both - prefer to give Omac 2 more games at AFL level, just give Stef a rest and explain why)
In: Walker if we want to go tall, Lyons/Keays if we want smaller.

If Robertson is suspended:
Out: Robertson (with encouragement to keep toeing the line - we desperately need his aggression)
In: Mayes

Can happen same day, so yeah we could upgrade Eagles this week. LTI list only created for upgrades, otherwise it doesn’t exist.
Won't happen. Skinner would have to be on the LTI list for 8 weeks and couldn't play seniors or NEAFL without approval in that period.

Outs- Jacob Allison, Daniel McStay, Ryan Lester, Oscar McInerney, (All omitted). Nick Robertson (only if suspended).

Ins- Sam Mayes, Luke Hodge, Ben Keays, Matty Eagles, Claye Beams/Brandon Starcevich (if Nick susp.).

I dunno that last game was a loss that warrants 5 team changes, to be honest.

I nearly gave votes to Allison after the Suns game. I thought he played a really valuable role down back. I am inclined to give the young blokes a bit more rope so wouldn't be dropping Allison just yet.

Mayes coming in seems a bit premature IMO given his poor start to the year. He's one that we need to demand more of.

I'm inclined to just make the Robertson-Hodge change, with Oscar dropping out if we decide to go small on the quick Gabba surface. Lester's probably the other one under fire but I'm not really seeing an automatic replacement for him as that utility mid/flanker - maybe Claye Beams or Starc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back