Changes v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that it was evidently clear that NRobbo striked Himmelberg with that vision. They were both pushing to me and looked like that it possibly got him in the throat/neck area or that he could've been playing for a free kick. I just would prefer it being unreasonable doubt before suspending blokes.

The ump reported him and paid a free straight away so he must've had a good look at it

There's mongrel and there's dumb, try hard thugs.

Nothing to gain from punching people behind play and if he doesn't control himself he'll end up doing a Bugg or Houli and seriously hurting someone.

Not to mention the fact he's hurting the team.
I haven't seen it other than.blurry footage, so I'm not inclined to make any rash judgements, however I bet it wasn't as bad a tom Mitchell last week.

Too bad he doesn't get the I'm a well known player so I get misconduct clause.

Mayes & Hodge must come back in. Not fussed about who goes out there's plenty of candidates.

Keays also deserves a shot but he might need to bang the door down a bit longer

Just saw that Grundy might not play. Would be huge for us. Wonder if Cox will ruck and what theyd do with their forward line if he didn't play.

I'm glad you have absolute faith in the infallibility of umpires.

We'll see if we challenge it then but it looked like he made contact with his face so with the video, first hand hand accounts and the medical report there probably isn't grounds to challenge.

I haven't seen it other than.blurry footage, so I'm not inclined to make any rash judgements, however I bet it wasn't as bad a tom Mitchell last week.

Too bad he doesn't get the I'm a well known player so I get misconduct clause.

Nick has made a serious mistake.

You have to be one of the favorites for the Brownlow to get away with hitting someone in the head.

In Hodge Keays
Out N Robbo susp Bailey

Bailey a little stiff but want Keays in for defensive forward pressure.

Also if Paps plays another good game or two in the NEAFL like to give him a run.

Nick has made a serious mistake.

You have to be one of the favorites for the Brownlow to get away with hitting someone in the head.
I just watched the verdict on AFL.com I still can't make the contact out at all. We Could probably have a crack at challenging. If all that's standing in the way is the umpires report just line up some footage of the numerous decisions that he couldn't see properly & he will be a free man ;)

It wasn't a hit from that grainy imagery that looked like it could do damage. Certainly wasn't a B Hall vs B Staker moment. He will learn from his actions and I bet Himmelberg has already forgotten it. Silly mistake, moving on...... will be missed.

Lets not forget 99.99% of the population would lose their jobs and probably face criminal action for throwing a jab at a co-workers face. He's damn lucky the AFL is the environment that it is.
99.99% of the population would lose their job for jumping on someones back,tackling a co worker,giving them a hip and shoulder.But they are footballers.Soft and pathetic for jabbing a bloke who can punch back if he chooses to.What utter garbage.It wasnt a king hit to a bloke not looking at him.

If Robbo's strike deserved a week then fine but why did Masten from the Eagles get just a fine for throwing a couple punches in a contest with the Freo player on the ground. It was blatant and as bad incident I have seen this season. Even the commentators were taken aback. The AFL tribunal is still a lottery that likes to punish lesser known players and look after the big names and the big clubs. Look at the only other player suspended - poor old Berger ex Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Grundy misses for the Pies that will be a huge out. He has been the best ruck in the comp this season and wins plenty of ball around the ground. If it forces Cox into the ruck then that means the key forwards in Reid (injured) and Cox will be out of forward line. We then will have Darcy Moore on return to deal with and possibly Fasolo.

Lets not forget 99.99% of the population would lose their jobs and probably face criminal action for throwing a jab at a co-workers face. He's damn lucky the AFL is the environment that it is.
Talk about a completely irrelevant post.

Yeah lucky he not an accountant, real estate agent or child care worker he would be really dangerous. :drunk:

At least we now have the quintessential "good bloke" on our list to point out to Robbo the folly of his wicked ways.

He's already had a taste of what umpiring is like up here with last week’s “contact below the knees” ruling

I’d like to say I have no problem with what Robbo did, but it was just a bit careless really. Just needed to take more care to not hit Himmelberg in the head. As far as Himmelberg being defenceless, he was pushing and punching Robbo just as much. Hardly defenceless. I hope he continues to push the boundaries. I admire his attack on the footy and the man.

I notice that the preview writer for this pulpdriver is suspended, might need to call in a late sub.
We've already started negotiations on getting it up. He's still able to PM. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back