Changes v Swans ( Pav's 350th )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to read the disrespectful posts on the Sydney board towards Pav. Overated apparently. Bunch of flogs.
Where did you read that? Every club has their share of d**khead supporters but I generally don't mind Sydney ones. Except when they come on to our board and criticise our drafting/trading history when they can grab Mills and Heeney in the draft for next to nothing the past two years :)

Where did you read that? Every club has their share of d**khead supporters but I generally don't mind Sydney ones. Except when they come on to our board and criticise our drafting/trading history when they can grab Mills and Heeney in the draft for next to nothing the past two years :)

Probably just some residual annoyance over a few dickheads booing Goodes last time around.

Why are people assuming that Silvagni plays? We've dropped two mids and a ruck. Pav will come in for either the ruck or one of the mids. Having Dawson, Collins and Silvagni all in the back half is I'm afraid a recipe for disaster. Collins is easily the best kick of the three and his kicking is probably in the lower-middle range tbh. Buddy (and Grundy if you count defenders) aside their talls aren't exactly names that scream trouble for us. Tippett and Sinclair are injured and Ted Richards who is not only a shadow of his former self but not nearly as good as a forward as a defender is also unlikely to play.

I'd much rather take in Hughes who is part of our future and would actually be roughly the same height as Silvagni (I wouldn't believe the official heights, Hughes has defs grown IMO). He is however far more athletic and a much better kick. If Collins doesn't take Buddy who does he take? (Dawson takes resting ruck) Silvagni is a deadset certainty to be delisted at year's end and tbh it's probably two years too late. I'm not sure why we'd play him in our current situation.

Last edited:
Connor's game time percentage which was usually around 60% and Suban is usually around 90% or thereabouts. Connor last week played in excess of 80% and Subes played around 60% with Connor having to take up some of the slack.I would think that increasing Connor's workload last week might have made him get some general soreness and needing a rest but wait and see if he is picked for Peel.
-
He didn't play more than 80% last week, he played 60%, Melbourne game is his highest at 75% but the rest are mostly around 60% - but probably you're general point is right. Maybe we would like another midfielder who can spend more time on the ground against Sydney.

Great to read the disrespectful posts on the Sydney board towards Pav. Overated apparently. Bunch of flogs.

Yes, he's massively overrated compared to all the other 350-game, 700-goal, 6x All-Australian, 6x B&F club captains...

I'm hoping its rest, but is anyone else worried blakely might have done something wrong?
Probably just wasn't meeting the chasing/pressuring and tackling requirements, no doubt he will be back either next week or the next couple of weeks. Definitely think he had a little bit of a dropoff off the past 2 weeks so it isn't totally unwarranted and it's not like he got dropped inplace of someone like Suban so that's not a problem either.

Who have flown a million k's and been awarded 2 frees in 17 seasons.:rolleyes:

I'm a couple of years younger than him, one-millionth as fit and have flown similar mileage over the years (but long-haul), and if it's taken it out on his body anything like as savagely as it has with mine, it just shows what a monster frigging effort it has been to remain in utterly tip-top condition while spending 7hrs on a plane every fortnight for 15 years. Sydney flogs wouldn't know the first thing about it.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually despise Sydney more than the Scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-
He didn't play more than 80% last week, he played 60%, Melbourne game is his highest at 75% but the rest are mostly around 60% - but probably you're general point is right. Maybe we would like another midfielder who can spend more time on the ground against Sydney.
Yes you are right I went back and re-read the paper and I got it wrong he did get 61% and D Pearce did 81% . I note Connor has been picked in the Peel team and shown as posing as the centre man in the team on the Peel website. My apologies. I knew he was only playing 60 mostly in other gamesbut given he has performed well including last week where he had 22 disposals and 5 clearances (Lachie Neale only had 4 Clearances) I can't understand why he is being omitted. I figure that DeBoer gives us the grunt that is needed against Sydney and that's why he will be in the best 22.

I can't understand why he is being omitted.
He's a bit puffed!
Rested against the Sydney battering ram mids;they can have a go at intimidating de Pig!:eek:
Cocky will return for the marshmallow mids the following week.o_O

I actually despise Sydney more than the Scum.

It's the Greater Western ones who churn my nausea levels like the Scum!

I'm hoping its rest, but is anyone else worried blakely might have done something wrong?
On 6pr last night they said RTB was really angry with him in the last game. If true he may not have followed an instruction etc If Mayne can stay in the team it can be the only explanation

I'm actually liking the team this week. Mundy, Neale and Hill will hopefully all play on ball the majority of the game. Walters rotating in, and possibly de Boer playing for his career should hopefully see us more accountable in the midfield. Expecting Hughes to come in as I think he is as critical to our future defence as any other player - just needs more AFL experience. Hope pushing Croz and him in to the back line releases both Sheridan and Sutcliffe to the wings. Think Sutcliffe deserves an opportunity outside of D50 - his kicking inside 50 might be far more valuable than people expect. Dawson, Collins, Ibbo, Spurr, Hughes and Crozier seems defensively strong enough imo. Although maybe they'll add SNOS as he has been good on Buddy in the past. I still don't like playing three negating key defenders though.

As for our forward line, I'd have loved Apeness to be ready but suspect Hannath might get the nod as a third tall and backup ruck. Please for the love of god make him have a presence inside 50 with crumbers by his side and get him to bring the ball to ground if nothing else. The rest of the forward line looks solid. Excited to watch Pav, Yarran and Tabs work together for the first time. Walters, Langdon and Weller all add a bit of x-factor. If they can get some decent supply (ie our midfield not getting reamed) I think it could be quite a dangerous forward line.

Not expecting to win but if our midfield works their butts off I think we'll get closer than anyone expects us to. Crossing fingers for insane intensity from the first bounce.

I could only find one poster who said Pav was over rated and he prefaced by calling it an unpopular opinion.

The consensus on the Swans board is that Pav is a champ and there have been multiple posters calling for the Swans to stay on the ground after the game to cheer him off.

I don't think Ross should have been patting himself on the back after last week's performance either, Scon. I suggest Ross down to Peel and elevate Cam Shepherd in his stead.

I don't think Ross should have been patting himself on the back after last week's performance either, Scon. I suggest Ross down to Peel and elevate Cam Shepherd in his stead.

Not enough of a demotion IMO.

Out: Ross Lyon
In: Brad from the East Freo under 12s

Brad's mum will also personally cut up all the oranges and has at least 2 packs of starburst for 3 quarter time.

That's like replacing Mundy with Suban and expecting it to be better.

You are misrepresenting. The actual statement was "I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think Pav is overrated". One person's opinion and he knows he is in the minority. The vast majority of posts have been respectful and admiring of Pav, both as a footballer and character. (And why wouldn't we be)! And there is widespread concern that Pav is so admired that Freo could lift hugely and beat us. We are keen that that our team honour Pav at the end of the game. In part because he deserves it, and in part because Freo were likewise sportsmanlike at Jude Bolton's farewell at Subiaco. I think there is a fair amount of respect between the supporter groups (esp.compared to that other WA team).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back