Opinion Changes v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet was fine, he sat most of the day at FF what do people expect. How could a sane person watch that match last week and think hmm we don’t need any support in the ruck Timmy will manage Hickey & McLean.

We also need an extra tall to support Naughty and Jamarra against the McCartins but nah that’s too obvious.

It’s a f*n joke is what it is

I’m with you regarding team balance, but we all know that this should have been resolved with an additional option traded in as a stop gap, especially with Bruce and Darcy out for the majority of the year.

Our spine depth is in pretty bad shape as it is let alone, Bruce, Darcy, O’Brien and Martin all being injured/not match fit.

I’m with you regarding team balance, but we all know that this should have been resolved with an additional option traded in as a stop gap, especially with Bruce and Darcy out for the majority of the year.

Our spine depth is in pretty bad shape as it is let alone, Bruce, Darcy, O’Brien and Martin all being injured/not match fit.
Agreed but if we’ve put ourself in the position that Sweet is the only option, and we’ve backed him in as the only option - then we have to use him. If we don’t think he’s up to standard then whoever decided to go into the season with a not up to standard ruckman & 36 yo Martin should be sacked on the spot

What does Cordy provide as a forward?

What is the point of playing him and Gardener?? Either play Cordy as a defender or drop him for someone who can contribute something to the team.

Sweet can ruck
Schache can play forward

Agreed but if we’ve put ourself in the position that Sweet is the only option, and we’ve backed him in as the only option - then we have to use him. If we don’t think he’s up to standard then whoever decided to go into the season with a not up to standard ruckman & 36 yo Martin should be sacked on the spot

Ive always been a 2-2-2 fan (2 rucks, 2 KPFs, 2 KPDs) with the option of throwing in a extra tall defender depending on matchups.

I've basically given up though.

What does Cordy provide as a forward?

What is the point of playing him and Gardener?? Either play Cordy as a defender or drop him for someone who can contribute something to the team.

Sweet can ruck
Schache can play forward
He won’t be forward at all, he’s just named there. Cordy will be the 7th defender just like he was last week. Swans have 3 talls in Buddy, McLean & Amartey to be taken by Keath, Gardner & Cordy.

We had too many defenders last week which meant Caleb was played on the wing and at HFF. Now with Crozier out, he can move back to defence where he belongs.

No idea who will play on Heeney though. It’ll be Duryea but he doesn’t quite have the size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t be forward at all, he’s just named there. Cordy will be the 7th defender just like he was last week. Swans have 3 talls in Buddy, McLean & Amartey to be taken by Keath, Gardner & Cordy.

We had too many defenders last week which meant Caleb was played on the wing and at HFF. Now with Crozier out, he can move back to defence where he belongs.

No idea who will play on Heeney though. It’ll be Duryea but he doesn’t quite have the size.
So were undersized up forward and the McCartins can clean up all day, least we got Hannan to take the ruck contests inside 50 because hey it’s not an important part of the ground to win stoppages supposedly. Plus one our key defenders who were already light on for has to go into ruck. So to summarise, we’re undersized in every position, again, even after how bleedingly obvious it has been for not just years but especially the last 2 weeks

So were undersized up forward and the McCartins can clean up all day, least we got Hannan to take the ruck contests inside 50 because hey it’s not an important part of the ground to win stoppages supposedly. Plus one our key defenders who were already light on for has to go into ruck. So to summarise, we’re undersized in every position, again, even after how bleedingly obvious it has been for not just years but especially the last 2 weeks
Schache should definitely be in the team as the 3rd forward. He played that role really well in the finals series and I’ve always felt he has really good chemistry with Naughton.

I always try to put a positive spin on things in life, however i also need facts to make a decision.
As it currently stands, I am not positive about the dogs chances this year, as no issues appear to have been addressed (a new game plan, ruck/KPD help) since the GF bloodbath.
Facts...since 2000, only 1 team in 6 has made the finals after a 45+ beating in the GF.
That was the 2015 swans after they got done by the hawks in the 2014 GF by 47 points.
It psychologically destroys teams getting mauled in a GF, some serious changes have to be made;
Players to get over said belting, they ain't robots, have the dogs done that??
Serious changes have to be made to improve in the areas that your team got smashed in, have the dogs carried this preparation out???

I always try to put a positive spin on things in life, however i also need facts to make a decision.
As it currently stands, I am not positive about the dogs chances this year, as no issues appear to have been addressed (a new game plan, ruck/KPD help) since the GF bloodbath.
Facts...since 2000, only 1 team in 6 has made the finals after a 45+ beating in the GF.
That was the 2015 swans after they got done by the hawks in the 2014 GF by 47 points.
It psychologically destroys teams getting mauled in a GF, some serious changes have to be made;
Serious changes have to be made to improve in the areas that your team got smashed in, have the dogs carried this preparation out???
Why is this in this thread??

It's irrelevant

On the other hand, none of the teams who got belted in those GFs were in a winning position midway through the 3rd quarter with all the momentum. Although I'm not sure if that's better or worse...

So there is a GWS fan who posts in the SuperCoach threads who seems to have pretty good intel on us. Knew about Hunter before the journo ran with it and also posted about the plan for Schache to play on the wing against Melbourne. Anyway he’s posted that Martin was coming in to the team, but more interestingly Libba no longer trains with or attends mids meetings. Reckons the club see him as a permanent small forward now.

So there is a GWS fan who posts in the SuperCoach threads who seems to have pretty good intel on us. Knew about Hunter before the journo ran with it and also posted about the plan for Schache to play on the wing against Melbourne. Anyway he’s posted that Martin was coming in to the team, but more interestingly Libba no longer trains with or attends mids meetings. Reckons the club see him as a permanent small forward now.

Dammit. Frustrated about Martin.

I think we’ve decided it’s time to move on from Libba and Dunks/Baz gets more minutes. Is what it is I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back