Preview  Changes v Tiggies

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't honestly think we'll beat Tigers this week. I think Mason deserves the shot and hope he takes it, should be confident after kicking 4 goals.
Would still like to see a Larkey/Wood/Brown forward line before I would stamp Mason's papers.
Apart from Hosie for Mahony or Murphy for JMac/Marley I can't see a lot of other changes given availability and fitness of squad.
On the plus side we could have a totally different team in a couple weeks. It's a strange year, just ride the wave.
I have never been a big fan of Wood. I went to the scratch match last weekend, and Wood still looked lazy. He didnt chase like he should, and this is evident of his AFL career. He got 4 goals (some cheapies) and I guess we need to look at that. Daw needs another game, but could be right in another week. Larkey looked way off it, but another solid week on the track might be enough. LDU looked great, but probably another week away from consideration. Hosie is the one I would like to see, but Wood coming in likely means Hosie has to wait a few games until Shaw gets sick of Wood. I would like to see Murphy come in for JMac.

Anderson still injured. When did Ahern get injured.

our players are lacking so much conditioning this will be Turner and Daws 4th or 5th scratch match in a row. How far back are they coming from?
Will we even see Cunnington back this year?

Maj did he peck so by rights his fitness should be ok, I am surprised they didn't throw him to full forward where he can take a clunk or two and bring the ball to ground and let Brown lead to the ball from CHF with Wood and Taylor on either side and Mahoney/Zurhaar and or Higgins in either pocket. There's no room for an unfit Ziebell in this team, he is a liability. Playing Campbell was stupid and unforgiveable.

Lets do this one player at a time, get bonar into the center, let him settle in so give him for 5 weeks. The silver lining this year would be that we unearth the next generation and give them experience. The older players will be transitioned out, ziebell should be handing over his captaincy to dumont. Cunnington if he could return to his elite status in 2018 then all good but it is time to move on. Wood will still come good in that more often than not, players come good where there are no one else. Steve Waugh was debuted in the 80s because there was nothing in the cupboard and the rest was history. Right now we have no one, the cupboard is bare. Also from round 9 to 12, we play like 3 weeks nonstop, so it's perfect time to get through as many players as needed.

Who do people want in, seriously? Other than Durdin, Mackay and Murphy who the fu** else isn't either injured or returning from injury?
Actually brother Devington there are 8 fit players outside the 22 available for selection.
Durdin lol, Xerri lol, McGuiness lol, Campbell lol, Crocker who is nowhere near ready, McKay, Murphy and Hosie.

So much X factor and excitement in that list.
* me.

I hope we have trained all week in the evening to acclimatise to the slippery conditions.
how are we always getting the night games in the dew? this will not bring BBB back into form.
And i have to sit though another week of Hall running around uselessly kicking points for giggles.

I have never been a big fan of Wood. I went to the scratch match last weekend, and Wood still looked lazy. He didnt chase like he should, and this is evident of his AFL career. He got 4 goals (some cheapies) and I guess we need to look at that. Daw needs another game, but could be right in another week. Larkey looked way off it, but another solid week on the track might be enough. LDU looked great, but probably another week away from consideration. Hosie is the one I would like to see, but Wood coming in likely means Hosie has to wait a few games until Shaw gets sick of Wood. I would like to see Murphy come in for JMac.
Yeah I'm not convinced on Mason either but think he's better than Campbell up forward right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack will play in ball.

Nothing surer.

I reckon we win this game TBH.

Because why the f*** wouldn't we.

Nothing else makes sense why should this.

We should win this game even with our form they are without Houli Cochin Prestia Edwards,astbury nankervis to name a few

And don't reckon jz will be on the ball... not enough forwards named

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Glad to see the captain back and in the guts. He will set the tone for us on aggression.

Happy for Wood to come in, reward form, really feels like this is it for him.

And a bit of Bonar.

All in all, good changes with Maj, Cunners, Larkey to come.

Im over 2020.

Just tank already.. grab the two best midfielders at the draft and win the next 10 years..

Stuff these 7th to 10th finishes, its like the ferret on the trundle wheel - constantly going nowhere..

Im over 2020.

Just tank already.. grab the two best midfielders at the draft and win the next 10 years..

Stuff these 7th to 10th finishes, its like the ferret on the trundle wheel - constantly going nowhere..

The problem is that there’s no junior competition to judge the talent on. The clubs would think know who the 30 best kids in the country are but without any current form the draft is kind of a raffle.

Every year kids bolt up the order and others slide. With no exposed form the kids from pick 1-30 will be close to lottery.

We have 2X first round picks in a draft that’ll be the hardest year to judge talent. *

The problem is that there’s no junior competition to judge the talent on. The clubs would think know who the 30 best kids in the country are but without any current form the draft is kind of a raffle.

Every year kids bolt up the order and others slide. With no exposed form the kids from pick 1-30 will be close to lottery.

We have 2X first round picks in a draft that’ll be the hardest year to judge talent. fu**

Yes and No. While there is always some movement it seems the top handful are usually pretty consistently speculated from a long way out (plus I imagine there are a lot less sliders due to injury this year, lol). If both picks are in the top 5-10 range we'll make out like bandits still. It would seriously suck to have a glut of second rounders this year though, good lord.

So while obviously it's not an *ideal* year, it's far from being a crapshoot.

Glad to see the captain back and in the guts. He will set the tone for us on aggression.

Happy for Wood to come in, reward form, really feels like this is it for him.

And a bit of Bonar.

All in all, good changes with Maj, Cunners, Larkey to come.
I am keen for LDU to get going. The sooner he comes on the better for the club.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes and No. While there is always some movement it seems the top handful are usually pretty consistently speculated from a long way out (plus I imagine there are a lot less sliders due to injury this year, lol). If both picks are in the top 5-10 range we'll make out like bandits still. It would seriously suck to have a glut of second rounders this year though, good lord.

So while obviously it's not an *ideal* year, it's far from being a crapshoot.

Hang on. Weren't we led to believe that our three top picks last year were all really top ten selections that slid due to injuries....

Do you mean to say that may not have been completely true?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back