Preview Changes vs Adelaide (Sun 16th Aug)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter has a video meeting with AFL HQ tomorrow at 10am

What that means I have no idea

Hunter has a video meeting with AFL HQ tomorrow at 10am

What that means I have no idea

Just saying a four week penalty for a second strike. Coincidence?

The biggest change from the previous policy was the naming of players who recorded a second strike, rather than their third.

A strike is issued to any player who possesses, uses or deals an illicit drug, returns a positive sample or refuses to submit a sample to AFL drug testers.

Under the new policy, a player will receive a $5000 fine for a first strike while also undergoing counselling and target testing.

On the second strike a player's name is made public and he serves a four-match suspension. A third strike incurs a 12-match suspension.

Last edited: 20 minutes ago

Just saying a four week penalty for a second strike. Coincidence?

The biggest change from the previous policy was the naming of players who recorded a second strike, rather than their third.

A strike is issued to any player who possesses, uses or deals an illicit drug, returns a positive sample or refuses to submit a sample to AFL drug testers.

Under the new policy, a player will receive a $5000 fine for a first strike while also undergoing counselling and target testing.

On the second strike a player's name is made public and he serves a four-match suspension. A third strike incurs a 12-match suspension.

Last edited: 20 minutes ago

He's been out for four games. GC, Rich, Port and Brisbane.

hmmm.

Think there is a big chance we see sweet debut in front of his family on sunday

Are his family in QLD? I thought he was from Adelaide.

Anyone else mentally preparing themselves for when we hand Adelaide their first win?

I've been preparing for weeks, it's always us. One difference is that we have a three day bonus on them.

We will not lose this one providing Gardner does not play if he plays then that is a different story.

ps the same applies to Gowers

My greatest fear from four or five weeks ago was that Adelaide would go into this one not having won a game. A classic game that we like to lose. I just hope the players come out hungry to salvage a finals appearance.

Well it just said on the club website that Zaine Cordy will miss this weeks game against Adelaide with a chest muscle injury. So it more then looks like that ******* Ryan Gardner will most likely stay in the side

Well it just said on the club website that Zaine Cordy will miss this weeks game against Adelaide with a chest muscle injury. So it more then looks like that ******* Ryan Gardner will most likely stay in the side
Really unnecessary. Fine line between criticism and personal abuse and this oversteps the line by several kilometres.

Thanks! Very informative.

Another question, how hungry are our players for success? I identify Wallis as the most emotional team member, going by body language. He busts his gut, but who else does? Ok, from appearances Bont, Macrae, Crozier, VDM, Daniel are (to me) the most overtly committed; others may well be but some give the appearance of "hope if I get a touch I don't stuff up". Confidence is not so much low, but very erratic, in themselves and each other. Is that a fair observation?
JJ - see his reaction in the rooms recently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really unnecessary. Fine line between criticism and personal abuse and this oversteps the line by several kilometres.
I think you need to read my post again I said F..... Ryan Gardner will most likely stay in the side. I didn’t call him a spud or give him any personal abuse. One pet hate of mine is when people just assume things and just jump down your throat for it

Last edited:
I think you need to read my post again I said F..... Ryan Gardner will most likely stay in the side. I didn’t call him a spud or give him any personal abuse.
My apologies in that case - I read 'that ******** Ryan Gardner' to be name-calling.

Attachments

• again cropped.png
    again cropped.png
    401.6 KB · Views: 54
Hope you are correct but if continues to grab opponents and give away easy free kicks and get 5 goals kicked on him we are in trouble.
Adelaide got slaughtered by the umps last night I'm more worried of an over correction from them than anything Gardner does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back