Preview Changes vs Brisbane

Is it curtains for Curtin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda hard to pick 5 from that bench I like.

Nank obviously. Crouch and Berry are alright, but obviously questions about ability for both to function in the same side as Laird.

Then its Cook at last chance saloon, a cooked senior coming off an injury and dogshit sub performance, M&M, and Tall Bloke Injury Cover.

I agree he needs to find more of it, but if Ned can stay in the side after five-possession games and Smith after doing nothing coming on as the sub, surely Cook deserves some leeway too.
It doesn't work that way in Nicks World.
Smith has 250 games + leadership.
McHenry is Nicks' try-hard Golden Boy.

I'm not a fan of Cook but he can't compete with the above, not after a 4-disposal game.

Nicks's press conferences are mostly bullshit these days.

Rolls out the same.

The bolded - once again, good is the enemy of great.

Great teams ruthlessly pursue improvement.

Good teams play a month of decent footy with plenty of passengers, but look at the barely acceptable outcomes and label them as sufficient.
I love that he described the pressure for selection coming from the twos, then added three players who haven't applied the pressure!

Then, he more-or -less implied an unchanged side.

They're just a standard choice of words designed not to offend anyone and impart not much information.

Kinda hard to pick 5 from that bench I like.

Nank obviously. Crouch and Berry are alright, but obviously questions about ability for both to function in the same side as Laird.

Then its Cook at last chance saloon, a cooked senior coming off an injury and dogshit sub performance, M&M, and Tall Bloke Injury Cover.
Surely Crouch & Nankervis are givens.

Cook we should persist with after a quiet game as needs continuity... but I fear he is an easy target to drop.

Smith should be an out, but likely to be promoted back into 22. Hopefully back to a wing & removed from defence.

McHenry should either be sub or back to sanfl.

No issue bringing in Berry as sub.

Surely Murphy doesn't warrant a return.

Burgess won't come in unless we have an injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we named Berry ahead of Schoenberg, Schoey was clearly our best mid the last 3 weeks.
Reckon Berry could be the sub and want to give Schoenberg another full game.

I can’t work out how Smith comes in unless we plan on playing Curtin up forward.

Smith to HB, Curtin HF, Cook out
Smith to HB, Nank to wing, Jones?

McHenry out Murphy in
Cook out Smith in

We know one of McHenry or Murphy will play, Nicks can’t handle not having a shape shifting useless small bloke in the team

More 'Brave' selections from this club. Ffs

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

What did you expect? We have won 3 out of 4 with a 4 point loss mixed in
At least Curtin named on the field - means he is almost certain to play.

Nank and Crouch will play and the rest named on the bench are well chosen. Any of them could miss and not be unlucky

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because I dont think he is suited to the ideal of a sub which is to be an impact player in any position.

McHenry , Berry, Pedlar even Murphy can come on and be that more than Smith

Because I dont think he is suited to the ideal of a sub which is to be an impact player in any position.

McHenry , Berry, Pedlar even Murphy can come on and be that more than Smith

Sorry but I don’t think that’s true. A non-cooked Smith is more flexible than any of those players.

Obviously Smith is almost charcoal these days, but maybe the coaches saw reduced game time/running would help him

Sorry but I don’t think that’s true. A non-cooked Smith is more flexible than any of those players.

Obviously Smith is almost charcoal these days, but maybe the coaches saw reduced game time/running would help him
But I am talking about this weekend . I'm glad you agree he shouldnt be made sub

Back