Preview Changes vs GWS (Elimination Final)

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lids is 12 days younger than me. I certainly wouldn’t want to play against Bont or his brigade of early 20s beasts

Some are very underdone also. They know their second tier players aren’t good enough so they’re going all in with a group that may not be 100%.
Will work in our favour

Last edited:

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Youngest side in the comp in round 23 and going in unchanged is certainly ballsy to say the least, must be one of the youngest finals sides in a while. Would love to see some stats on that.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im preparing my post game melt template blaming it on Beveridge's selections.

Ballsy selections from beveridge.

Cannot say i am going into this game as confident as i was in 2016.
You were more confident going in to the West Coast final than you are this week? :oops:

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
The no changes suggests to me that Bev and the club wanted to make the top 8 to get a finals game into some young players Smith, Young, West, Lipinski, Naughton, etc

Very inexperienced side for a home and away game let alone a finals.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Beveridge is so unusual with his team selections. Not in a negative way at all, but he drops West after his first game which was solid. But then keeps him in over Dickson in an elimination final, when Dickson is always one of his first picked. Choosing to keep Young in the team over Trengove when he left him in the VFL all year takes some huge stones.

I love it because it's great for future development etc and the match committee know a hell of a lot more than me, but just so unusual compared to what most other coaches would do. I've given up trying to guess the changes at this point haha
I reckon we’ve kept West in for a bit of campaigner

The no changes suggests to me that Bev and the club wanted to make the top 8 to get a finals game into some young players Smith, Young, West, Lipinski, Naughton, etc

Very inexperienced side for a home and away game let alone a finals.

That is not Bevs style, he will picking the side he thinks is the best chance at winning and making a run for it.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting that for a team that doesn’t have great defensive pressure, GWS have chosen 8 talls in comparison to our 5. It’s a fair discrepancy.

Cameron, Himmelburg, Finlayson, Taylor, Mumford, Davis, Haynes, Corr

Naughton, Schache, English, Young, Cordy.

Back