Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive loved Williams on a wing.

Wasn’t McComb wing? Drop him.
Ok. Lets do that and bring in Crozier for Duryea.

Even if its a little tough on McComb because other than the pressure of that set shot getting to him. I thought he was pretty serviceable and has come a long way since his debut.

That's a fair question, Duryea didn't resume or continue. X_Box_x's explanation looks right, adrenaline and endorphins allows players to continue following injury, it's not only in contact sport, accident victims, soldiers with injuries are the same. Weightman's injury was reported to be a dislocation, there are accounts of players self adjusting dislocations, fingers, on the field. I suppose the medical staff assessed Weightman's injury to be of minimal risk of impeding recovery.
I actually heard the same thing from a friend who played AFL level. Weightman to miss 3-6 weeks unfortunately. However, it depends on how bad the dislocation was, but it does not look promising. If it blows up then he won't be back next week.

Out: doc (inj) Cody (inj) McComb
In: McNiel Hunter Bedendo

JJ can go back and along with Richards, Dale and Daniel that’s plenty plus Williams can go back if need be. Though McNiel was better than McComb. Hunter just comes back in. Bedendo offers that threat in the air like Weightman.

B: O’Brien Gardner Richards
HB: Dale Keath Daniel
C : Hunter Macrae Williams
HF: McNiel Schache Treloar
F: West Naughton JUH
R: English Bont Libba
Int: Dunkley Scott JJ Bedendo

For me changes are:
Doc = Crozier
JUH = Bruce
Weightman = Hunter

Bruce needs game time at this level now, same as Hunter. We need them both for the Brisbane game and the rest of the season. They are ready imo.

For me changes are:
Doc = Crozier
JUH = Bruce
Weightman = Hunter

Bruce needs game time at this level now, same as Hunter. We need them both for the Brisbane game and the rest of the season. They are ready imo.

Was great to see Bruce back but coming back from that significant of an injury he needs at least 2 more games to build fitness and touch. Hunter looked ready to go

Mccomb has been solid these past few weeks. May not get a guernsey when our full complement is available like Maclean, Hunter, VDM etc.

And i'd put Wallis into that conversation too.

For this week probably only the forced changes.

Mcneil off the sub and in for Weightman

Wallis sub

Croz in for Doc.

No other changes.

You thought McCombs game was so poor he should be an automatic omission?

What part of his game were you that unhappy with?

Nothing against the guy and thrilled he’s on a list, just don’t rate his decision making, kicking for goal and lack of kicking penetration. I’m not one of these guys who pots him week in week out, he’s been serviceable, but once our wingers are back, he’s the first out for mine. If people are calling for Bedendo, then it’s McComb out (wingers).

Mccomb has been solid these past few weeks. May not get a guernsey when our full complement is available like Maclean, Hunter, VDM etc.

And i'd put Wallis into that conversation too.

For this week probably only the forced changes.

Mcneil off the sub and in for Weightman

Wallis sub

Croz in for Doc.

No other changes.
McComb hasn't been terrible recently but Hunter is a direct inclusion for his position. They actually have similar strengths and weaknesses but Hunter is clearly a superior player. The only way he should stay in is if the club want to give Hunter another week in the 2's. I personally don't see the point given Hunter's aerobic fitness won't be a concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McComb hasn't been terrible recently but Hunter is a direct inclusion for his position. They actually have similar strengths and weaknesses but Hunter is clearly a superior player. The only way he should stay in is if the club want to give Hunter another week in the 2's. I personally don't see the point given Hunter's aerobic fitness won't be a concern.
McComb hasn't really been playing wing and I'm not sure Hunter is an upgrade as a forward. He's terrible there.

Nothing against the guy and thrilled he’s on a list, just don’t rate his decision making, kicking for goal and lack of kicking penetration. I’m not one of these guys who pots him week in week out, he’s been serviceable, but once our wingers are back, he’s the first out for mine. If people are calling for Bedendo, then it’s McComb out (wingers).

Agree that Hunter comes in for McComb if ready, but now isn’t the time to give a kid playing a new role his debut. I’d keep McComb in over Bedendo at this time

Need a natural forward to come in so Wallis or Bedendo debut. Also I think either Williams or JJ goes back and hunter comes in to play wing or Crozier comes in.

He allowed Naughton to get one on one and the end result was five to Naughton. JUH needs an extended run at it like Gardner had. Play him the rest of the year.

I agree, particularly if we are going to play more offensively in the future like we did agaisnt GWS. Marra has forward smarts and is a good kick for goal. He might flourish

Would it be bizzare for Scott to play in defence? Im not sure what his role is now to be honest - he doesnt get a heap of the ball, and rarely wins a contested ball, but when he does get it, I dont mind what he does with it.

Would it be bizzare for Scott to play in defence? Im not sure what his role is now to be honest - he doesnt get a heap of the ball, and rarely wins a contested ball, but when he does get it, I dont mind what he does with it.
Scott is playing mainly wing at the moment in a rotation with Williams & McComb. He does have the ability to play as a small defender though and has similar attributes to Duryea if we wanted to keep things the same.

It’ll be interesting to see what Bevo does. Realistically all the following players could be replacements for that 7th defender role. Crozier, Williams, Scott, JJ & Cleary. Very different types of players there.

McComb isn’t going out so there’s no point suggesting it. Bevo clearly likes what he brings and he played very well. That set shot aside.
Agree 100%, the guy is improving every week and won’t get dropped on this week’s performance. Just the 2 mandatory changes for me Doc/Flea out for Crozier/Hunter

Would be surprised and concerned pushing Bruce back after 1 game in the ressies, so

Doc out for Crozier
Weightman out (at least 1 week, maybe 2) for Hunter

Scott is playing mainly wing at the moment in a rotation with Williams & McComb. He does have the ability to play as a small defender though and has similar attributes to Duryea if we wanted to keep things the same.

It’ll be interesting to see what Bevo does. Realistically all the following players could be replacements for that 7th defender role. Crozier, Williams, Scott, JJ & Cleary. Very different types of players there.
It would be interesting to see if we indeed choose Crozier. With two KPDs plus TOB as an interceptor, can we carry a fourth player who's forte is the aerial contest?

There's every chance we bring in Hunter and have Williams and Hunter roll back as the 7th defender at times, covering a wing been them. I like Scott on the other wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back