Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely insane that Cody has gotten up, real hats off. Not many would and it's super tough.
He’s a determined little bugger. I don’t think Bevo wanted him to play but he’s talked the coach around. Would have had to go through a tough training session.

I feel like we actually have an under utilised weapon in this team.

Crozier richards TOB and Keath are all good interceptors.

If we could actually put some heat on the ball coming in and give them time under it that would be a real asset.

Alas this rarely happens as teams rip through at speed to 1 on 1s

If we could actually put some heat on the ball coming in and give them time under it that would be a real asset.

Wiping the outside 5 would be a step in the right direction

I think the side still looks strong.

Crozier was our best defender before he he had the fainting spell. He can be a real asset if we are to make something of the last half of the season.

Economic team of the last 100 years:

B: Zucman, Solow, Banerjee

HB: Saez, Daly, Sachs

C: Coombs, Keynes, Chang
Krugman, Piketty, Sen

HF: Keen, Kahnemann, Akerlof

F: Kremer, Stiglitz, Duflo

Int: Lowe, Mazzucato, Rodrik, Bernie Fraser
Excellent team, but sad to see Douglas North not there. My favourite economist. You also forgot Amartya Sen. But well balanced team.

Last edited:

I don’t know how they measure pressure, and I know it’s difficult to be high pressure when the ball is zipping back and forth like it was last week v GWS, but it feels like our pressure is way below where it needs to be.

Brisbane have been s**t tonight but the dees are all over them all the time. Have seen Freo play the same way too. Can’t say I remember a game this year where the dogs were close to that. Maybe Sydney? Carlton second half?

The hawks aren’t a great side, but they’ll cut us up if they’re given time and space. Will be interesting to see it tomorrow.

We’re actually 3rd for shots on goal and 2nd for marks.

Massive L for poor doggies ftw

nah, those stats are misleading - flattered by a couple of huge wins against bottom teams, and the recent GWS game which was a big outlier. In most of our losses we have struggled to kick more than 70 pts. Thats the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got so bored by it I barely post anymore.
Agree mate, you would think this is the main board with all the constant sniping.
We support the same team, yet we are quick to jump down each other's throat when we don't share the same opinion, instead of just accepting people have different thoughts and views about our team.

Gee wizz, unless Blanck is a decent defender, Naughton could get off the chain if the delivery is good..
I thought the name was familiar and looked him up. I played local football against him last year. Good player and absolutely massive unit but geez he has risen pretty bloody quickly.

They absolutely bullied us at the source last year, it was quite embarrassing. I can accept defeat when we have had a crack but I will be filthy if they just physically overwhelm us considering the profile of their players.

They absolutely bullied us at the source last year, it was quite embarrassing. I can accept defeat when we have had a crack but I will be filthy if they just physically overwhelm us considering the profile of their players.

Same as the Dees in the GF, they ‘cracked-in*’ harder than we did. Physically intimidated our players, who were already bruised and banged up.

It isn’t the first time and it’s something that I think we need to change. Some of our stars in the middle aren’t quite physical enough. With West coming through and hopefully Garcia getting a better run; hopefully we can change the dynamic in there enough to be the physically stronger team. It’s why Dunkley & West needs more time in the middle.

*Hate that terminology but it is accurate.

Got so bored by it I barely post anymore.
A reflection on you, DD, you have neither appreciation of nor gratitude for superior football knowledge, brilliant tactical nous and/or analytical genius but over react to barely noticeable, but understandable, impatience.

Absolutely insane that Cody has gotten up, real hats off. Not many would and it's super tough.
I'm expecting him to be a late out, but last week when he came back onto the field he didn't take any pain relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back