Prediction Changes Vs St Kilda round 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading too much into it. Vardy probably just wants a week in Melbourne. Old and experienced enough to need a week off every now and then

Id say Jones isn’t dropped. Petch would be behind him still.

Vardy was in Melbourne 2 weeks ago for the bulldogs game so I doubt they’d pull him out of the WAFL side for a holiday

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Makes no sense to me that we would take Winder and Waterman if both weren't playing (even if one were the sub).

Waterman needs game time coming back from injury, Winder has played 1 WAFL game - no point sitting him on the bench for a match.

Looks like they'll both come in, Shuey out - who is the other unlucky one?

Id guess it’s Petch myself. First in first out approach with our small forwards is fairly common

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Id guess it’s Petch myself. First in first out approach with our small forwards is fairly common
i hate that policy. Like fair enough he has been crap but without certaint, you’re never gonna allow a you g player to settle into the side and find form.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
YEah if Winder comes in I would put money on Petch missing.
Having a guy who is a natural footballer who can find the ball will make us a stronger team than having a very fast player who just cant seem to get to the right spot at the right time. Several times last week Petch was just mistiming his run at the fall of the ball so he would either be past it or not quite there. He was trying to get himself in the right spot but his footy IQ is still raw AF.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
i hate that policy. Like fair enough he has been crap but without certaint, you’re never gonna allow a you g player to settle into the side and find form.

Think Petch came in because Langdon was banged up. Was worth risking Langdon as a medical sub as he was one of the better available choices should he be forced to play, but noone else was knocking the door down for that forward spot when we decided to give Langdon a rest.

Winder chops up in WAFL, seeya Petch, you only got a game because Langdon had been put through the mincer every game he played this year.

I agree the policy is not sound, but Petch in was almost a forced change with no other forwards to come in. If he's left out now then he should be focussing on a block of WAFL games (provided JJ, Langdon, Winder retain their form enough to keep him out).

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Out Shuey, In Winder (1 change)
Waterman (Sub)
Langdon will find himself delisted end of year.
Cameron, Venables & Rioli all to come in.

Giddy Up Winder..
Round 4
3 Votes I Winder
A Star is born.
Langdon doesn't have much going for him. Small and slow. Not a fan so far

Nah Ainsworth flew in on saturday with some of our other players
Did he?

He played for the Beagles against east freo on the Friday night - was pulled from the game at 3/4 time though

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Think Petch came in because Langdon was banged up. Was worth risking Langdon as a medical sub as he was one of the better available choices should he be forced to play, but noone else was knocking the door down for that forward spot when we decided to give Langdon a rest.

Winder chops up in WAFL, seeya Petch, you only got a game because Langdon had been put through the mincer every game he played this year.

I agree the policy is not sound, but Petch in was almost a forced change with no other forwards to come in. If he's left out now then he should be focussing on a block of WAFL games (provided JJ, Langdon, Winder retain their form enough to keep him out).
Thats actually fair. Personally felt like Winder needs more WAFL time. Also i liked his game but yeah he did cop a few easy ones just like Vards did.
Did he?

He played for the Beagles against east freo on the Friday night - was pulled from the game at 3/4 time though
I tried looking for the photo but couldn’t find it but there was a pic of Ainsworth getting out from the bus.
It might have been an insta story.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Thats actually fair. Personally felt like Winder needs more WAFL time. Also i liked his game but yeah he did cop a few easy ones just like Vards did.

I tried looking for the photo but couldn’t find it but there was a pic of Ainsworth getting out from the bus.
It might have been an insta story.

Winder is pretty much AFL ready though. More so then most of our recent draftees. Has a insane ability to stay on his feet and not get knocked off the ball given his size. The hope would be he becomes our Robbie Gray. Similar ilk

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Did he?

I think his forward defence/pressure was supposed to be good...and isn't he a bit of a goalkicker?
needs something going for him if he actually doesn't have pace...
We do lack patience, giving players time to adjust etc, played 2 games, looked slow in one against very fast Dogs...
But I admit am waiting to see what Winder and Trew bring..

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Waterman will play more midfield time this year then people realise. If teams get a run on expect him to push onto a wing and drift down into defence to clog up the space. He did it last year. Will do it more often though
I rate Jake’s footy IQ a lot. Think he’s natural lead up forward but could easily play any line if he is asked to. There was one passage of play in 2019 where our ball movement was stagnant and we were struggling to score. He went into defence and either nailed a long quick down the line of pulled the trigger into the corridor. I can’t remember which but it was our best passage of play that game and we goaled.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Please don't post sh*t from the FB cretins on here. I avoid that junk on purpose. I'm triggered by your post.
Especially if as a group post they still don't know the difference between 'their' and 'there'.
Should I ban him?
It must be tempting. Facebook is part of the evil empire and Zuckerberg (sp? who cares) is Darth Vader.

So two changes on the cards assuming we don’t debut anyone as a sub.

In: Waterman, Winder
Out: Shuey, Petch/JJ
Sub: Petch/JJ
Vardy as emergency?

Otherwise, if Vardy is tactical to dominate the ruck rather than injury forced.

In: Waterman, Vardy
Out: Shuey, ?
Sub: Whoever came out of the 22.

Winder as emergency to get travelling experience as reward for a good outing.

Not often I got on yor teams board.....
536530ed1ff29e450fae2f310dce49f1.gif

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Why hate the saints . They paid through the nose for that little softy BHill. Are you upset they flogged that spud acres back too you ?
1st off I got no Issues on Brad Hill leaving Freo. I got no animosity towards Brad Hill, despite the saints offering huge money and his lady wanted to go back to Victoria.

Brad Hill was originally on a $2.5 million dollar deal at freo for 5 years from 2017-2021. years 1 and 2 were front loaded at $700,000 a year, year 3 was $500,000. years 4 and 5 he would only be on $300,000. Saints caught wind of it and Offered $900,000 for 5 or 6 years. Him saying no to the saints would be like turning down a lottery ticket.

I dont blame the saints, I partially blame the AFLPA for it. Struggling teams have to Pay the minimum 95% of the Salary cap. That means front loading or over paying some average players on the list.

I want the minimum Salary cap to be 92.5% or even as low as 90%. Salary cap is 13 million. 90% of that is 11.7 million dollars or 1.3 million less.

Look at Norths team. They are in a rebuild and they have to pay overs for some of their players to reach 95% of their cap. It would help them much more if they spent 90% of that 13 million and use that remaining 1.3 million on other stuf such as paying debts or upgrading (training) facilities.

I still remember back in 2011 when the Salary cap was only 8.2 million. they showed the difference between the rich and poor. Collingwood used 100% of that cap and $800,000 on the Additional service agreements. Port on the other hand used the minimum 92.5% of the cap which was 7.5 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back