Prediction Changes vs Suns - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if I have missed it. Toby Mc one of my favourites , played a ripping game first game back then dropped after game 3.
Any reason why not in the team.

Definitely in best 22 for finals. (in my opinion)
Cheers
Stephen

Not sure why Young is out. I understand the comments of posters about no direct match up for him with Day out but IMO the benefit of getting games into him is more important given the taller forward lines we will face in the finals.
Young is out because he won’t be in the team come finals I reckon. This would be the same with Lipinski. We should only pick guys who will potentially be selected for finals. Roark is not the best player but will play a role if needed because of injuries in a few weeks. I reckon same with JUH, he gets his last run for the year this week, then see you next year. Only tough hard players need apply to play in big finals.

Sorry if I have missed it. Toby Mc one of my favourites , played a ripping game first game back then dropped after game 3.

Cheers
Stephen
I love McLean but I struggle to see a spot for him if we are completely healthy, maybe replacing JJ as a defensive minded forward/utility.

Bruce was mentioning he was 100 odd days without a drink earlier in the season. His form was brilliant, even his second efforts and crashing packs. His last few weeks he has reverted back to the uncoordinated player of last year. Has anyone heard whether if he off the wagon? Some of his efforts against the Swans were embarrassing. I am not saying he is drinking a lot or anything but he was in career best form when abstaining from alcohol and maybe even casual moderate drinking impacts his performance.

Bruce was mentioning he was 100 odd days without a drink earlier in the season. His form was brilliant, even his second efforts and crashing packs. His last few weeks he has reverted back to the uncoordinated player of last year. Has anyone heard whether if he off the wagon? Some of his efforts against the Swans were embarrassing. I am not saying he is drinking a lot or anything but he was in career best form when abstaining from alcohol and maybe even casual moderate drinking impacts his performance.

In the last couple of games he's been back to being a one man forward line with Naughton injured so has been the main focus of the opposition backmen and no one apart from small forwards like Weightman to help him. With Naughton now back he'll loose some of that pressure.

In the last couple of games he's been back to being a one man forward line with Naughton injured so has been the main focus of the opposition backmen and no one apart from small forwards like Weightman to help him. With Naughton now back he'll loose some of that pressure.
When the ball comes in high, Bruce gets under it so can't mark or bring it to ground. I used to think it was the mids' poor kicking but it's a pattern. Naughton gets to run at high balls. Naughton comes in behind Bruce so we get away with it. When Naughton isn't there, high balls in = intercepts and straight out of 50.

Why are you guys all rating GC? We should’ve beaten them by 100 points earlier in the year if we didn’t stuff around. They have Day out, and we’ve got one of our strongest line ups all year. Anything less than an 8 goal win will be a downer

Another club will offer Young a single position and the continuity he requires to give him the best opportunity to play the game.
Young will be re-contracted by us.

Cheers
Stephen
I reckon Tobes is physically struggling and is being managed rather than dropped. His form didn't deserve him being omitted in my view.

Why are you guys all rating GC? We should’ve beaten them by 100 points earlier in the year if we didn’t stuff around. They have Day out, and we’ve got one of our strongest line ups all year. Anything less than an 8 goal win will be a downer
They’ve had a good couple of weeks. But yes if we show up properly we should put them to the sword

I think it's more that we've been average/poor the last two weeks while they've been very good. Obviously over the entire season we've been better by a county kilometre. We should win but based on the last two weeks it's going to be a lot tighter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is we have been average for a number of weeks now.

Yes we played well against West Coast but they are in deplorable form.

We beat North yet had they taken their chances in the 4th and put some scoreboard pressure on us who knows.

We beat the dockers but the cats showed that is not that impressive and we have lost to Melbourne, Geelong and the Swans. Only against Geelong did we look really competitive.

From a season perspective win this week we are still first or second. It is definitely a stronger team than last week.

To go deep in the finals you need some luck both in individual games as well as key players not being injured.

Certainly Martin, Trealor as well as Wood or Gardiner coming back strengthens us up to be genuine competitors as long as we lose very few others.

This week's.team had no excuses other than !Libba it is the best available. With no local footy looking forward to seeing how we go

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mutt, was your info received before or after Young was dropped this week.

I'll be amazed if he re-signs.
There is always the chance he won't re-sign but we want him to and have always wanted that.

There is always the chance he won't re-sign but we want him to and have always wanted that.
It is interesting if they want to re-sign and see him on the list yet when they play him they don't, from the outside, seem to give him the appropriate opportunity to show his best. Full time defender in VFL yet the old utility type in the AFL. I think if he was given opportunity and confidence like others have been it would be interesting to see how he goes, but at this stage we will never know that!

Putting all the eggs in Wood being fit and staying fit or Gardner being fit, staying fit and having the ability to do the job seems a big risk.

For what it is worth, I hope he stays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back