Roast Chapman intends to retire (within 12 months) ...

Remove this Banner Ad

A number of clubs have a maximum term of 8 years just like the US presidency. You need to inject new blood into any administration.

Exactly.

How is the arrogance of this prick to name such a random time period as the ideal length - when it happens to coincide exactly with how long he has been stinking the joint up.

While I'm fond of the mediocrity he has brought with him, my most treasured memories from Chapman's time in control of the Adelaide Football Club will be his lies during and after the Tippet scandal.

I don't know which was better/worse - during the Tippett shambles, or when Essendon got weaker sanctions than us, and Chappy was going to fire up and demand an explanation and justice from the AFL...

And then did nothing.

Somebody able to dig up the emails from Chapman at that time?

Yea, that was absolutely ridiculous.

So the ideal time period for a Chairman just happens to be the period that he has been doing it?

An arbitrary figure with nothing to support it.

I'd listen to Kennett, who is actually successful, and has delivered massive and sustained success to his Club - and put a limit of 2 terms on the role.
He also thinks that chairmen should ideally should have a background in banking and be called Rob.

While I'm fond of the mediocrity he has brought with him, my most treasured memories from Chapman's time in control of the Adelaide Football Club will be his lies during and after the Tippet scandal.
I made the mistake of reading the Adelaide now comments regarding his departure.

While there were a few potshots, the most liked comments were commending him on what a great job he’s done.

Seriously?

Even if we had voting rights we’d be screwed. Just too much nuff in our supporter base.

I made the mistake of reading the Adelaide now comments regarding his departure.

While there were a few potshots, the most liked comments were commending him on what a great job he’s done.

Seriously?

Even if we had voting rights we’d be screwed. Just too much nuff in our supporter base.
Yep. That's the sad reality of how we got where we are as an irrelevant VFL puppet

Yep.

Anyone in the red gold and blue is beyond reproach.

One comment was that our board is the envy of the league.

One person said Chapman had been fantastic. When challenged he replies “if you don’t know I’m not going to bother to tell you”.

* me swinging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has gone past incompetence and a lack of accountability now. They don't give a s**t about the culture they have created. They don't care that quality people keep walking out the door. They don't care about premierships. This is bordering on corruption now. They are deliberately misusing the funds supporters are investing into the club.

Supporters have stop giving these bastards their hard earned money. They are out of control.

Experience with being organised, dealing with people, a fresh perspective. We could do worse. Caroline Hewson would be good too
You know your clubs going well when you'd rather a politician running your club........

Can only imagine the spin.

What about the Collective Minds bullshit lines he sold to everyone last year right before it all blew up. Players took great things out of that camp you know...

This has gone past incompetence and a lack of accountability now. They don't give a s**t about the culture they have created. They don't care that quality people keep walking out the door. They don't care about premierships. This is bordering on corruption now. They are deliberately misusing the funds supporters are investing into the club.

Supporters have stop giving these bastards their hard earned money. They are out of control.

Every time that prick opens his mouth he says something that infuriates members, shows unbelievably poor judgement and displays how embarrassingly out of touch he is.

He knows full well some sort of review of the entire wretched football department is coming, so with one game to go he addresses the media and members by saying he backs Brett Burton to be an “elite football manager.”

It’s almost unbelievable how poor his judgement is - he’s not only asleep at the wheel, he does not give one single * about members.

Fire up mate!

Hard to dispute, unfortunately.

Every time that prick opens his mouth he says something that infuriates members, shows unbelievably poor judgement and displays how embarrassingly out of touch he is.

He knows full well some sort of review of the entire wretched football department is coming, so with one game to go he addresses the media and members by saying he backs Brett Burton to be an “elite football manager.”

It’s almost unbelievable how poor his judgement is - he’s not only asleep at the wheel, he does not give one single fu** about members.

This absolute piece of human waste had the cheek to try and play the sympathy card on 5AA when he was asked about supporter dissatisfaction. He switched the conversation to a succession plan. He then went onto mention the guy who recently passed away. His voice broke a little bit in what felt like a pathetic attempt for them to pity him and go easy on him.

He is a pathetic piece of ****. The last 10 years is leaving an irreversible bad taste in my mouth. How this guy weaseled his way into a position of influence in SA says a fair bit about the quality of this state.

It will be hard to follow and love the club again like we did pre-Trigg/Chapman/Craig.

This is what floored me as well.
I have not seen a single poster in this Board support Burton or said that Burton has done anything even resembling a satisfactory job.
Not ONE. :mad: :mad:
Burton, lanky, loping hanger-taker and fitness nut, fair enough, but ...
Burton, an 'elite' football manager !!! :eek: The man is certifiable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back