Roast China Game?

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of very ignorant posts here.
It’s a good ploy by the afl/ Sydney and to be commended but probably goes well over the heads of your average work a day joes here.
First there is the commercial aspect. Ports push into China was ended prematurely by geopolitical circumstances but we did net MG as a major sponsor out of it.
Second is soft diplomacy. Port’s China game had our pm Turnbull sitting down having a beer and a feed with China’s no2 Le Kegiang. Pretty important for trade and regional/ global security while others are beating the drums of war.
Port Adelaide to Shanghai: Sports diplomacy and the long road ahead | Lowy Institute.
Third is gaining new markets/ supporters. I have lived in China for a good number of years and have stopped being surprised by random Chinese people asking me who I barrack for in the afl. A random taxi driver in a remote city even asked if I followed port or the crows when he learnt I was from Adelaide in Aodaliya. He told me wingard was his favourite port player and that port were a good traditional club unlike the crows. Turns out he was a mad keen Dee’s supporter and had gotten into afl after attending a few afl games whilst visiting his daughter who was studying medicine in Melbourne. He even took me to a local pub that played afl games.
And when living in the states in the 80’s a local school friends dad used to take my dad to a local tavern every Tuesday night for vfl night. He had become keen on vfl during his shore stay in Australia during the Vietnam war.
Surprisingly some of these afl promotions to foreigners in au do work
Diplomacy? With a fascist government? LOL

Would you have peddled the same rubbish if the AFL was organizing a Nazi Game in cooperation with the Nazi Party if they still existed?

Are you even a real human being? You sound like ChatGPT.

I work with 90% Chinese clients. I have lived overseas for the last past 8 years. Many of my clients have shown a great interest in sport. Many have shown a great interest in our sport. Many dream of moving, working and living in Australia. Many ask me how best to fit into our culture. My answer is always “pick a football team, and learn the game”.
I have many in depth discussions about AFL with many Chinese nationals.

Your “gotcha” moment backfired. Jog on you flog.
So that's a no then. You have never worked in China
Thanks for confirming that then

Would you have peddled the same rubbish if the AFL was organizing a Nazi Game in cooperation with the Nazi Party if they still existed?

Fair enough we should stop trading with the facist government. You fine with that decision?

No problem having a china game just don't invite any reps from their barbaric government or government controlled companies and make sure anyone who wants to highlight the ccps suppression of the Chinese and minorities is allowed to.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No problem having a china game just don't invite any reps from their barbaric government or government controlled companies and make sure anyone who wants to highlight the ccps suppression of the Chinese and minorities is allowed to.

Free speech is not allowed in china.
Zero chance of anybody getting away with criticizing the CCP and will end up i Chinese jail without a trail

Nothing more than government influenced CCP appeasement, because state and federal governments are desperate for them to lift trade sanctions and the restrictions on their students coming here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough we should stop trading with the facist government. You fine with that decision?
We never should've become so economically dependent on them to begin with, but Labor voters like yourself will always have excuses prepared.

If it were Nazi Germany, people like you would be fiercely against the idea of any association with such an entity. But China is ok because your favourite politicians and media networks told you so.
Forced imprisonments? Suppression of free speech? Disappearing journalists? Displaying aggression towards foreign neighbors like Taiwan? No problem!

Free speech is not allowed in china.
Zero chance of anybody getting away with criticizing the CCP and will end up i Chinese jail without a trail
I was referring to having a game here to celebrate Chinese culture. We should not have a game in China whilst Xi is in power as he will exploit it for propaganda. A game in Taiwan or Vietnam or Japan would be much better.

You probably sent this message on a Chinese made phone/pad whilst wearing Chinese made pants, top & shoes. And enjoy a high standard of living resulting from trade with China.
If you feel so strongly about this I suggest you go through every item in your house and discard everything with ‘made in China’ on it otherwise you are a total hypocrite.
The world is not black and white and any sensible, educated person understands that promoting afl to Chinese does not equate to support/ approval of the CCP. And that through trade, diplomacy and cooperation the probability of catastrophic war can be reduced.
Your reference to the nazis is a tad offensive to someone with a Germanic Jewish surname. I personally don’t think promoting Aussie rules to the nazis would have worked but there were a few Australian politicians who might have thought it a good idea, including the founder of the liberal party ‘pig iron bob’
A forgotten address - Overland literary journal
“From late April 1938 through to early August, Attorney General Menzies went on a lengthy tour of Europe. His itinerary included Nazi Germany, where the German Foreign Office was placed at his service. In private, as even his friendly biographers have to admit, Menzies regarded Hitler as a political dreamer, a man with many good ideas”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back