Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Injured in 2019 and bulked up over that time. His biggest asset was his elite endurance, and not only was that missing, but his agility is non-existent. Every Melbourne supporter will tell you that he's cooked as a forward. He could reinvent himself as a full back, but that won't be at Melbourne.

Fair enough

Good forwards are very hard to come by. I could imagine obtaining a good forward would be the only reason Oliver would be traded.

Fair enough

Good forwards are very hard to come by. I could imagine obtaining a good forward would be the only reason Oliver would be traded.
Elite midfielders like Oliver are more important than good forwards. The club has already come out and said it won't even engage in any trade discussions for Oliver and Brayshaw. So Carlton supporters need to find another fictitious trade target.

Elite midfielders like Oliver are more important than good forwards. The club has already come out and said it won't even engage in any trade discussions for Oliver and Brayshaw. So Carlton supporters need to find another fictitious trade target.

Wouldn't have thought that was correct.

Fevola was the only reason Carlton won a bunch of games in the 00's. Elite midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Wouldn't have thought that was correct.

Fevola was the only reason Carlton won a bunch of games in the 00's. Elite midfielders are a dime a dozen.
Mate Carlton didn’t finish higher than 11th and finished with 3 wooden spoons from 2002-09.

Carlton had Fevola, didn’t have a midfield

Tbh the most important players are mids that can kick bags like forwards imo. Dusty fyfe even petracca

Dusty and Fyfe have had the likes of riewoldt, lynch, pavlich in the forward line when they were playing in finals.

Not sure Carlton has a goal kicking mid at the moment... Maybe Martin?

Oliver isn't a goal kicking mid.. But petracca sure is

Is there even anyone linked to going to Melbourne at the minute?
Ben Brown and Isaac Smith, so nobody worth a great deal in terms of picks.

Ben Brown and Isaac Smith, so nobody worth a great deal in terms of picks.
They aren't enough to let Oliver go, you would need to add a mid surely.

Out of curiosity... What happened to T Mac? He was looking the goods.
Lost all endurance, agility and skill over night

Except for the game v Carlton last year where he kicked 5 or 6 he has ben absolutely useless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell has Patrick Cripps getting offers from WA clubs got to do with the Oliver thread?

Why hasn’t Cripps signed an extension like Sam Docherty?

What the hell has Patrick Cripps getting offers from WA clubs got to do with the Oliver thread?

It said he was active in pursuing players to join Carlton, which was the original rumour that Cripps and Oliver were in close dialogue and one of the driving forces behind Oliver wanting to come to the Blues.

It said he was active in pursuing players to join Carlton, which was the original rumour that Cripps and Oliver were in close dialogue and one of the driving forces behind Oliver wanting to come to the Blues.
Yeah but Oliver wasn’t mentioned in that clip.

I’d say majority of captains would be trying to get players to their clubs

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of captains or other players meet with potential recruits. Gawn met with Preuss for instance. It’s not ground breaking.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Fyfe is trying to tee up some WA players to return home.

DF34F8C4-6CBF-43DB-AFAB-5007537182F9.jpeg

Yes, most Carlton fans know that they have been trying to get him.
Like Melbourne fans know Oliver and other players are also targets of other clubs.

Clearly he’s waiting to see how much money Oliver will leave for him

I think oliver will stay because if he went elsewhere he wouldn't be the number 1 and he is such a great player with amazing hanball skills he deserves to be the number one mid in his team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back