Collingwood 2019 - Redemption?

Remove this Banner Ad

mjl.gif

2 AA's vs ????
structurally our outs hurt - they are all in the backline. Dunn is a really good defender. Scharenberg was great this season before his injury.

I can't see the crouch brothers in that side? Our two best midfielders.
Our next best midfielder also hot injured in that game. As were McGovern Betts and macay. Walker and jacobs carried bad Injuries into that game.

As I said you're making s**t up. We had half a side.

Not even going to go near you. Comparing our grand final. That is just so immature. Again you made stuff up

You beat one side in the top eight to make top 4. One side

West coast had thier best ruckman and midcielder.not playing and thier best defender spent two days in hospital before flying out on thursday to play you on your home ground.

And you couldnt beat them. Lol

Accept it. You over achieved. Massively. The soft draw made you look better than you were.

Overachieving > underachieving

structurally our outs hurt - they are all in the backline. Dunn is a really good defender. Scharenberg was great this season before his injury.
Goldsack replaced Scharenberg. Like for like really.

Dunn is not very good he was delisted by Melbourne when they were winning spoons

Im not convinced. Bloody lucky run this year..

Richmond, Dons, GWS, Dogs, Port, Geelong, Hawks, Melb ect all should technically improve.

Could make a case for most teams to have a ripper 2019

Who were Collingwood missing in the gf? Don't say Moore and Reid as they were available

I’d say Dunn, Scharenberg and Elliott. Moore is only part of the 22 if either of the first two or any of our other tall defenders are injured.

Three best 22 players, probably the mean across all 18 clubs at any given time.

Im not convinced. Bloody lucky run this year..

Richmond, Dons, GWS, Dogs, Port, Geelong, Hawks, Melb ect all should technically improve.

Could make a case for most teams to have a ripper 2019
yeah we were so lucky when half our best 22 was out with injury at points.

Dunn is not very good he was delisted by Melbourne when they were winning spoons

I hope you didn’t rate Schofield’s grand final performance because Dunn does that every single week.

Dunn was not delisted by Melbourne, he was traded because they preferred to go down a youth path (ironic since he’s exactly what they need now). He is a very reliable, consistent defender, who has played unbelievably well since joining the club.

I hope you didn’t rate Schofield’s grand final performance because Dunn does that every single week.

Dunn was not delisted by Melbourne, he was traded because they preferred to go down a youth path (ironic since he’s exactly what they need now). He is a very reliable, consistent defender, who has played unbelievably well since joining the club.
As a full back Dunn plays on small/medium forwards does he?

not really. goldsack is more of a 3rd tall whilst dunn is very much a key position defender. Dunn has nearly 10kgs on him I reckon. He is much better suited to playing on someone like Kennedy. Goldsack is more suited to the slightly less bulky and less beastly forwards. He is quicker than Dunn but less strong.

Dunn was actually traded to Collingwood fyi, a pick swap.

not really. goldsack is more of a 3rd tall whilst dunn is very much a key position defender. Dunn has nearly 10kgs on him I reckon. He is much better suited to playing on someone like Kennedy. Goldsack is more suited to the slightly less bulky and less beastly forwards. He is quicker than Dunn but less strong.

Dunn was actually traded to Collingwood fyi, a pick swap.
I said Goldsack replaced Scharenberg, not Dunn.

1 win against a top eight side during the home and away.

They over achieved more than Richmond last year

They only really had one good game and that was against Richmond in the prelim with an injured Dustin Martin.

Gws had major injuries when they beat them the week before

Collingwood relied on flooding to hold west coast in the second half. The new rule changes are designed to counter those boring negative tactics.

Richmond didn’t over achieve last year. They were a bloody good side. Still are.

I can't see the crouch brothers in that side? Our two best midfielders.
Our next best midfielder also hot injured in that game. As were McGovern Betts and macay. Walker and jacobs carried bad Injuries into that game.

As I said you're making s**t up. We had half a side.

Not even going to go near you. Comparing our grand final. That is just so immature. Again you made stuff up

You beat one side in the top eight to make top 4. One side

West coast had thier best ruckman and midcielder.not playing and thier best defender spent two days in hospital before flying out on thursday to play you on your home ground.

And you couldnt beat them. Lol

Accept it. You over achieved. Massively. The soft draw made you look better than you were.
Don't dare question the injuries or the draw! The Pie Mafia will start a petition to have you banned!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot will depend on the intensity they can produce, teams that rely on pressure are prone to dropping off if they can't get the team to gel in following years (ie Dogs since their flag).

They have a lot to look forward to you would think, strange that they let Langdon go though, he was impressive.

1 win against a top eight side during the home and away.

They over achieved more than Richmond last year

They only really had one good game and that was against Richmond in the prelim with an injured Dustin Martin.

Gws had major injuries when they beat them the week before

Collingwood relied on flooding to hold west coast in the second half. The new rule changes are designed to counter those boring negative tactics.
How the hell do you 'only really have one good game' and make it to the GF?

I'd be very surprised if they made the GF again in 2019, but stranger things have happened.

Around fifth to twelfth is a realistic appraisal after the home and away.

Hawthorn
Melbourne
Gws
Adelaide
Port Adelaide.
Sydney and Geelong borderline.

All in better shape at this point for next year

The new rules effect sides that rely on flooding. Collingwood flooded second only to the Indonesian tsunami during the gf

Would of had to play a whole different gameplan if the rules were in this year

Hilarious-we played Richmond with key players missing and key players injured during the games we played during the home and away season and we were roundly mocked for mentioning it. Now we have to question our massacre of Richmond because one of their players may have been under 100% fit but still played. We did to Richmond what no other team in 2017 or 2018 could do during the finals series. We humiliated them. Not bad for an average side that got lucky with the draw.;)

Soft draw and injuries to opponants

Gws at home when gws had significant injuries is not exactly something to write home about
We have beaten the Giants frequently on their home turf with their team up and running. The only time they beat us there was when Johnston kicked a goal with 2 seconds left on the clock and spat his saliva all around the stadium. We have a very good record against them. I love the bitterness. Keep hating us!

2019 is all open again.
There's no guarantees in football- particularly in current times.

Will be the most important year I feel for the club and Nathan Buckley, purely to see how they bounce back from a pretty strong 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back