List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

So according to Ralphy.....

Grundy has definitely played his last game at Collingwood and will more likely seek a trade to Melbourne.

DeGoey is definitely staying at the Pies, despite St Kilda who is chasing him hard.

Henry still very much a chance to remain at the Pies, despite reports he is considering a trade to Geelong, as their priority is Bruhn.

We definitely have Hill, McStay and Frampton coming over, with Fiorini expected to come to us in a GC salary dump.

Nothing concrete about Mitchell.

So according to Ralphy.....

Grundy has definitely played his last game at Collingwood and will more likely seek a trade to Melbourne.

DeGoey is definitely staying at the Pies, despite St Kilda who is chasing him hard.

Henry still very much a chance to remain at the Pies, despite reports he is considering a trade to Geelong, as their priority is Bruhn.

We definitely have Hill, McStay and Frampton coming over, with Fiorini expected to come to us in a GC salary dump.

Nothing concrete about Mitchell.
Who do Hill, McStay, Fiorini and Frampton replace in our best 22?

Frampton - Murphy
Mcstay - Cox
Fiorini - Bianco
Hill - Krueger/Johnson
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

I really should know this but when does the trade period officially start?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How long is Touc Miller contracted for? Now that would be a fish worth catching.
Will not leave the Gold Coast, so can forget about that dream

Some of them may not be best 22 but hopefully they compete for spots. We had to bring in Bianco for Adams and the other 3 positions we are very light on for.

McStay replaces Cox and Fiorini replaces Bianco. Frampton and Hill possibly not immediately Best 22 but provide much-needed depth and competition….and all four of them cost us virtually nothing in picks.

Or to put it another way, they’re great upgrades on Cal Brown, Tyler Brown, Jack Madgen and Will Kelly.

McStay replaces Cox and Fiorini replaces Bianco. Frampton and Hill possibly not immediately Best 22 but provide much-needed depth and competition….and all four of them cost us virtually nothing in picks.

Or to put it another way, they’re great upgrades on Cal Brown, Tyler Brown, Jack Madgen and Will Kelly.

Frampton has to be best 22. If not him it has to be Dean/Kelly or McMahon.

IMO we can’t afford to go into next season with Murphy or Howe playing as our second key defender.

Personally I think one of them comes in for Nick, who moves further up the ground.

FB - Quaynor Frampton Murphy
HB- Howe Moore Noble

Who do Hill, McStay, Fiorini and Frampton replace in our best 22?

McStay probably replaces Cox but I''m not sure any of the other 3 replace anyone from the Prelim 22. What they will bring is depth so that when we have a tall back go down Frampton is ready, when Adams gets injured Fiorini is there and Hill puts pressure on McCreery/Bianco/WHE etc to hold their spots.
All about building ready to go depth, cover and role players on the cheap (outside of McStay reported salary!).

Get future pick compensation on Grundy (and/or Henry) and chase a big fish or two next trade period when the cap is more settled.

McStay probably replaces Cox but I''m not sure any of the other 3 replace anyone from the Prelim 22. What they will bring is depth so that when we have a tall back go down Frampton is ready, when Adams gets injured Fiorini is there and Hill puts pressure on McCreery/Bianco/WHE etc to hold their spots.
All about building ready to go depth, cover and role players on the cheap (outside of McStay reported salary!).

Get future pick compensation on Grundy (and/or Henry) and chase a big fish or two next trade period when the cap is more settled.

Tails I reckon Hill replaces WHE and Bianco immediately. Bianco really has no business playing forward anyway and I can’t believe he was getting a game there.

That’s all assuming his health isn’t an ongoing concern.

My best forward line looks something like. (2 talls, 1 medium marking forward, 3 smalls)

HF - Elliott Mihochek Hill
FF - Henry McStay Ginnivan

Bench (fwd) - McReery

Edit: Looks a lot more dangerous with Elliott in now.

Last edited:
Tails I reckon Hill replaces WHE and Bianco immediately. Bianco really has no business playing forward anyway and I can’t believe he was getting a game there.

My best forward line looks something like.

HF - McReery Mihochek Hill
No Elliot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best forward line looks something like.

I think Kreuger will have a say in this.

My best forward line looks something like. (2 talls, 1 medium marking forward, 3 smalls)

Elliott ??

It’s not a matter of who they replace…it’s a matter of balancing some crucial list need pieces and creating stronger depth within the squad and competition for spots.

Naturally some of them will be automatically in the best side but who is in our best 22 next season across the entire team will be determined by what they do on the track this summer

Yeah possibly re: Hill; at worst it creates good competition for small fwd spots (an area we've lacked for a long time).

Elliott probably takes Henry spot in FP, AJ/McSt/Kreuger/Checkers fight it out for the two tall spots.

Having a crack at 2023 best 22 rnd 1 sheesh it's not easy. We will atleast have a very deep list next year, maybe missing a bit of cream on top. Hopefully we can get that with our 1st in the draft and 1st from Grundy trade in draft plus we need some more of our youth to step up. I hope Henry stays but I think we might be better off with a 1st for him and using it in an area with a bit more of a need?

B: Maynard ~ Frampton/Dean/McMahon ~ Howe
HB: Quaynor ~ Moore ~ Crisp
C: J.Daicos ~ Pendlebury ~ Sidebottom
R: Cameron ~ Mitchell ~ DeGoey
HF: Elliott ~ McStay ~ Henry
F: Ginnivan ~ Mihocek ~ Hill

McCreery Adams N.Daicos Fiorini
Bit harsh on Murphy I reckon! Oversight or do you think he will be pushed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back