List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

The whole year, we’ve played with a key big short and we’ve had to cover. The Swans exposed us.
Hopefully Frampton/Dean gives us that key back we’ve needed.
That way, we don’t have any more ridiculous scenarios like Maynard guarding Franklin rather than Heeney or Noble having the responsibility of using the ball.
Quaynor has power, skill and glides like water. His days of being a negative lock down need to come to an end. It’s time to use Quaynor properly.
Agree on Q, he could be a real weapon delivering inside 50, seen it a few times.

Sydney have had arguably the best forward to ever play the game …and to date haven't won a flag with him …pending weekend of course

Swans are now playing in their 3rd GF with Franklin in less than 10 years.

The last 10 premiers all have better key forwards than 2022 Collingwood.

Melbourne Brown
Richmond Lynch
Richmond Lynch
WCE Kennedy
Richmond Lynch
Dogs Boyd
Hawthorn Roughead
Hawthorn Roughead
Hawthorn Franklin / Roughead
Swans Goodes
Geelong Hawkins

Every year we look for bargains and expect them to be stars. its fools gold. Some of us wanted Wright but I'm guessing that didn't happen because of the cap disaster.

Out of the current top 5 key forwards in the AFL Mckay is a RFA next year and Curnow will chew up their cap. Make a play for him and either get him or screw Carltons cap for the next 5 years.

Like the Malarchy crunch but its Beau.

Reference to the Fonz in Happy Days, soz maybe too old.
Think it was the Malarchi crunch, though; but thanks for the explanation. Love me a neologism but preferably one that I can successfully derive. Maybe we could settle on Beaularchian next time?

If we assume Henry departs for the Geelong R1 pick (17/18), Grundy goes to Melbourne for the Freo R1 pick (13) and we retain our R1 pick (15) we head into the draft with pick 13,15,18.

Gives us great flexibility to trade up in the top 10 and bring in high end talent.
Where are Geelong going to find all the picks they need for Hopper, (maybe Bruhn) and Henry? I would have thought Hopper will leave the cupboard bare.

That's the one mate. You should read the stats from this year with a bit of a pinch of salt, though. Was predominantly played out of his core midfield position and came on as a sub, with limited game time, in several of his games this year. Core strengths are clearances and tackles. Just couldn't nail down his spot given the Touk/Rowell/Anderson midfield monopoly for GC...
I don't rate him. Am I missing something here?

I don't rate him. Am I missing something here?
I reckon you might be. Is a genuinely athletic, strong midfielder. Could even develop into a better version of Adams with the right coaching, I reckon. Plenty of upside to his recruitment, I'd say.

Murphy not an automatic inclusion for next year? What am I reading?

Murphy will take over from Howe and if this game showed anything, it's that the older players could be closer to the end than our 11 game run might have been masking

Howe, Sidebottom and Pendlebury were not very good in this game. At all.

If only I could give a 'half like'... on the money we need to backfill for the older guys you mentioned, I'd also throw Mihocek in there, he's been playing injured for a lot of the year and was being asked to do way too much. Hopefully this is why we are chasing two 'serviceable' talls from elsewhere. Howe looks totally banged up to me, being asked to play way over his height and weight.. he too would benefit from another big tall down back...

But to say Sidey and Pendles were not very good on Saturday... nope, not seeing it. But they are getting towards the end...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fiorini pickup does not make sense to me, I would only bring a midfielder in if that person would make us significantly better in 2023, not someone who would be a fringe player for us.
Fiorini did have a BOG and 3 votes in an AFL game against the Swans this season. I don’t think Carmichael is quite there yet.

If only I could give a 'half like'... on the money we need to backfill for the older guys you mentioned, I'd also throw Mihocek in there, he's been playing injured for a lot of the year and was being asked to do way too much. Hopefully this is why we are chasing two 'serviceable' talls from elsewhere. Howe looks totally banged up to me, being asked to play way over his height and weight.. he too would benefit from another big tall down back...

But to say Sidey and Pendles were not very good on Saturday... nope, not seeing it. But they are getting towards the end...
Pendlebottom and Sidebury are the twin halves of the very heart of the team we love. "Age shall not weary them, nor the tears condemn" their invaluable contributions. Should play on into their sixties, I reckon. Just a question of finding the right youth to support them in their infirmity.

Lol, this is getting out of control now 😂
Mugwump of the grump brigade believes otherwise? Give us a reason for your pessimism, please, rather than a characteristic sneering emoji with no explanation for your lordly disdain.

Mugwump of the grump brigade believes otherwise? Give us a reason for your pessimism, please, rather than a characteristic sneering emoji with no explanation for your lordly disdain.
I’ve actually watched him play rather than relying on continually quoting his AFL/VFL stats and extrapolating that out into deciding he can be better than an AA midfielder.

Anyway, I’m interested to see just how much his star can grow over this period. He’s gone from not getting at game at GC to potentially better than Adam’s in a few weeks. I’m predicting Hall of Fame calls by the time we arrive at trade week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back