Collingwood v West Coast - Big Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy a multiple AA FF and Darling was on track for AA CHF this year. Not to mention LeCras a previous AA. How many AA's Collingwood missing?

Well Treloar was on track for AA this year.

If you're using LeCras then i'm using Ben Reid (previous AA)

So 3 vs 2.

If Darling and Kennedy don't play they are huge outs though, and it will ultimately be used as the reason why we beat you (if we happen to get up)

Pies rarely come to Perth
They never play in tassie
They never play at Geelong

They get the easiest draw every single year .....

Why would Collingwood play in Tassie and Geelong when both Hawks and the Cats want the gate revenue for 70K crowds? You interstate muppets bring up this sort of tripe consistently, like it's somehow our fault that we show up to games and opposition clubs want to maximise their profits?

Seriously, get a grip.

Oh and played Freo in Perth last year, Playing Freo in Perth this year, and i'm sure we'll play you in Perth next year.

Last edited:

Imagine a fixture this easy...

#VicBias
Why wouldn’t it be? Like a few Melbourne teams they travel interstate 5 times.

Never understood this argument, 10 of the league's 18 teams play in Victoria. The result of this is that in addition to playing 11 home games at their chosen home venue/s, Victorian clubs will invariably end up playing around half of their away games in the same city, and the other half interstate.

That's the reality of a national competition that originated in one state. It's the same in the NRL

This season, aside from the one game where they defeated Melbourne the Pies haven't beaten a side with a winning record.

Adelaide might be bottom ten right now, but I can assure you when we played them they had just pumped Richmond and St Kilda after a narrow Round 1 loss and were definitely 2-1. Just because it was early season, doesn't mean Adelaide weren't travelling well or that we can discount it now.

As you rightly said though, you can only beat what's in front of you. Several closer wins this year are games the Pies would've lost in previous years and it's great to see. I'm happy. We've far exceeded most expectations - finals is great, anything more is a bonus.

Back in January it was just about making finals. Baby steps.
Pffftttt. You can try and bullshit people that will fall for it with your philosophical politically correct response. But you and I both know you're not fooling anyone. This isn't January, this is now. You're not keeping a lid on it at all you and believe you can beat West Coast, which you can, and obviously want the win and will be disappointed if you not only get the win, but also a premiership come October.

Your '' illusion '' is not fooling anyone sunshine.

Big game obviously. West Coast have been terrible the last 4 weeks and if don't win this game are pretenders full stop.

Win or go home West Coast. Harden up.

Pffftttt. You can try and bullshit people that will fall for it with your philosophical politically correct response. But you and I both know you're not fooling anyone. This isn't January, this is now. You're not keeping a lid on it at all you and believe you can beat West Coast, which you can, and obviously want the win and will be disappointed if you not only get the win, but also a premiership come October.

Your illusions not fooling anyone sunshine.
On the contrary I think most reasonable Pies fans are fairly circumspect about our chances. As has been widely talked about our draw has been relatively soft (for good reason) and we have some significant challenges ahead - both in quality of opposition and how we manage our injury issues.

I think you'd struggle to find anyone (outside Joffa) in our fanbase who expected us to be as good as we have been thus far.

Collingwood have to prove they are capable of winning the flag
Why do we have to? At the start of the year it was prove they can't be last then it was prove they can make the 8. Seems like everyone is just moving the goalpost for us just so they can piss on us during the off season for being something we couldn't achieve in the first place.

With that said, Pies by 213 points.

i Think a lot will be dependent on WC in's. if Kennedy and Darling come into the team then i think with Collingwoods depleted tall stocks in defense WC should win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the contrary I think most reasonable Pies fans are fairly circumspect about our chances. As has been widely talked about our draw has been relatively soft (for good reason) and we have some significant challenges ahead - both in quality of opposition and how we manage our injury issues.

I think you'd struggle to find anyone (outside Joffa) in our fanbase who expected us to be as good as we have been thus far.
I think that's pretty reasonable. There's always highly excitable nutbags in every football club.

A big factor with Collingwood is, I think, the fact that the other expected challengers (Adelaide, GWS, Port, Sydney) haven't lived up to the standards really expected of them. Plenty of otherwise good sides have fallen from grace this year.

Should be a great game. Collingwood if they are serious should win on their home deck. WCE needs to prove they can play at the G to be considered a contender. I still think the pies should win by 3-4 goals at this stage.

Some quick stats on West Coast @ Collingwood (i.e. in Melbourne)

MCG: Played 12, COL 11 WCE 1 (that was a 4-point win in 1995)
Etihad: Played 8, COL 5 WCE 3

There were also 7 games at VP (WCE 4-3) and 3 games at Waverley (1-1-1)

Big game obviously. West Coast have been terrible the last 4 weeks and if don't win this game are pretenders full stop.

Win or go home West Coast. Harden up.

Won't they be going home regardless if they win or lose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back