Vintage Bay Congratulations Plugger, Pizzathrower and Zeboyz - Officially 2016 Bay 13 Flog of the Year winners!

Who is the 2016 Bay 13 FOTY - the flog off!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On behalf of your esteemed and much adored Bay 13 moderating team, we welcome all and sundry to the 2016 Bay 13 Flog of the Year voting thread.

After a robust, inclusive, 'diverse and accepting' nomination process 11 of the most flogworthy campaigners imaginable have separated from the pack and established (1997) themselves as worthy candidates for this most prestigious of internetz titles. All 11 candidates are listed (in no particular order) in the poll above, and each of you rank and file punters receive 3 votes to dispense as you see fit.

For the uninitiated, a brief summary of the floggery credentials of each candidate is as follows:

[B]Alfred_[/B] - an indisputable flog now entering veteran floggery status, 2016 proved to be a relatively mundane year for this undoubted campaigner. Will Alfie's past deeds be enough to see him feature prominently at the business end of this award?

[B]craffles[/B] - making his first back-to-back appearance in this prestigious award, there is little doubt about this guys credentials. The question is, would he enjoy the notoriety too much, and will the voters see through the attention whore facade?

[B]Lethality[/B] - lets face it Bay, this guy has always been a bit of a unit - but 'ol HP has taken it to a new level in 2016, dribbling on about pokies, AFL X, crowd numbers - all manner of s**t really. The smart money is on this guy to finish on the podium this year.

[B]subaru[/B] - seldom found outside of the West Horsham shitfights (WHSF), this lady female has been known to rustle her fair share of Alberton jimmies, but the question remains - will the obvious loathing of a single supporter base be enough to push her to the top of the floggery mountain?

[B]boydshow[/B] - a perennial FOTY contender, I'm here to tell you this guy doesn't belong here. While it may seem he's blatantly simple and is quite obviously painful to engage with, he's doing a number on you all. The single greatest troll on BigFooty, period.

[B]NorthernLights[/B] - the bolter of the 2016 class, NL has really stepped out from the considerable shadow of his better other half to establish himself as a bona fide contender in 2016. A true contrarian with a PhD in petulance, this flog is a bolter to win it all this year.

[B]A Cut Above[/B] - a true Bay veteran, this campaigner will be truly mortified he has made the cut for this award this year. That in itself is really quite humorous, isn't it?

[B]Plugger35[/B] - not considered much of a chance (90's music clips not withstanding) mid-year, plugger flashed home with a concerted display of floggery and buttthurt during the months of September/October. Will it be enough for 'Ol plug to take home the crown? An almost certain podium finish beckons.

[B]sportsmaniac89[/B] - every year there is one muppet that drops in here only for a short time, yet makes such an impression that the punters are clamouring to nominate him. Was the maniac's month long display of floggery enough to push him to a spot on the podium?

[B]Catscratch[/B] - a perennial contender, it really is a mystery how this DH has failed to salute to date. Will this be his year, or will this stayer be pipped at the post yet again?

[B]Jazny[/B] - ok, is this he she person a flog? Absolutely. Does this person deserve to be listed amongst these other bastions of floggery? Probably not. Will this person enjoy the notoriety regardless? Abso*******lutely.

Richoman Tigers - after initially slipping through the FOTY nomination net (governance issues) the reigning champion returns to defend his crown. A bona fide flog if there ever was one, Jade's' inclusion automatically catapults him onto the top line of betting.

TazHawk15 - following an unusually quiet year from SQWARK, there was some doubt whether he had done enough to make the 2016 cut - but in the end his credentials simply couldn't be denied. A smokey for a podium finish.

BRWB - after showing up the FOTY committee in the voting thread by screaming for Jade's' inclusion, it is only fair this quiet achiever is a late entrant to this year's count. Snitches, stitches, etc.

As per previous years, votes for DaVillaBlues have not been counted - and if he pollutes this thread with his usual attention whoring he will be threadbanned post haste. As the great Bruce Hornsby would croon, That's Just the Way It Is.

A couple more items of housekeeping - Elias votes will not be counted, and as is tradition the winner will receive a shiny, prestigious FOTY badge and a 2 week holiday from all things Bay 13. The poll will close 1 week from today, by which time a new king of internet floggery will be crowned for our amusement.

As stated above, each punter has 3 votes to allocate at their discretion.

Hop to it floggerinos :thumbsu:

[B]craffles[/B] - making his first back-to-back appearance in this prestigious award, there is little doubt about this guys credentials. The question is, would he enjoy the notoriety too much, and will the voters see through the attention whore facade.

downloadfile-3.jpg

It's a disgrace that quality posters like myself, Norfernlights and Jazny are in this poll ahead of genuine flogs like Jaid's and DivvyBlues.

It certainly isn't as strong a field of flogs as past years where you had the likes of Wonna, Bombers and Shavedham throwing their hats in the ring.

Plug truly deserves this this year, he rose above all the run of the mill floggos and put on a masterclass..highly amusing :thumbsu:

If complaining about the worst GF umpiring seen since the VFL switched to the AFL makes me FOTY so be it but my complaints were justified.

It's a disgrace that quality posters like myself, Norfernlights and Jazny are in this poll ahead of genuine flogs like Jaid's and DivvyBlues.

It certainly isn't as strong a field of flogs as past years where you had the likes of Wonna, Bombers and Shavedham throwing their hats in the ring.

If complaining about the worst GF umpiring seen since the VFL switched to the AFL makes me FOTY so be it but my complaints were justified.

Was gonna to vote for Reverend Tim Costello aka Lethality because of his non stop pokies crusade, but you have put forth a compelling reason to give it to you instead.

Was gonna to vote for Reverend Tim Costello aka Lethality because of his non stop pokies crusade, but you have put forth a compelling reason to give it to you instead.

You're allowed 3 votes.

tumblr_inline_mps9pmFY9l1qz4rgp.gif

No Jade'''s, you ask? Well, you campaigners didn't nominate him, and as such he ain't in the poll. While tempting, we do not add flogs to the poll for our own amusement - all the punters listed above truly deserve their place. The nomination process is above reproach, you have our word.
I hate to disagree with one of our beloved and respected mods but my very very very good friend Richoman Tigers was in fact nominated by others of his firm friends in BRWB MAXIMUM GAWNAGE Mr Blicavs and DapperJong and Im sure many many others would have flown the flag for him but expected his inclusion to be automatic to defend his title as reigning champion.

I couldn't stand the thought of Richo missing out on his chance of going B2B because of a small oversight from one of our usually infallible but badly overworked mods.

I got ya back Richo- good luck mate!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to disagree with one of our beloved and respected mods but my very very very good friend Richoman Tigers was in fact nominated by others of his firm friends in BRWB MAXIMUM GAWNAGE Mr Blicavs and DapperJong and Im sure many many others would have flown the flag for him but expected his inclusion to be automatic to defend his title as reigning champion.

I couldn't stand the thought of Richo missing out on his chance of going B2B because of a small oversight from one of our usually infallible but badly overworked mods.

Last time I checked you had more noms than half the people here (and RT) so it begs the question why you're not up here.

Last time I checked you had more noms than half the people here (and RT) so it begs the question why you're not up here.

He missed the cutoff by one vote.

Fantastic write ups though I have to say I disagree strongly with being labelled a muppet. Also I get the distinct impression that some write ups are skewed towards influencing the vote but surely that wouldn't be the case, would it?

As per the OP of the thread, nominations need to be presented in a 3, 2, 1 format. Mr_Blicavs post was more a comment rather than a nomination.

You will understand that a literal interpretation of the OP is paramount for the integrity of this award.

He had more noms than me :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

No he didn't.

You had 8, WW had 6 - cutoff was 7. Ima Koch's votes weren't counted. We don't play games with the nomination process.

You're in the running on merit, and appear to be polling quite strongly in the early going :)

J'AIDS didn't poll enough, Divvy excluded on the attention whore criteria that usually sees him miss out.

Back