List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
An imposing first game from key forward prospect Jack Whitlock. On a breezy day that wasnt conducive to high marking or accurate kicking, Jack got better as the game went on, ending up with 4 goals and 20 disposals and was almost as impressive on the ground as in the air.

Get to watch him live tomorrow. Lockwood/Thompson are going to have their work cut out for them with him and Murphy.

Last edited:

Robertson still would have improved us and have been worth it if cheap. Either he improves with continuity and game time or gets superseded by younger talent.

Reckon he’d be regretting it more than anyone now. Stayed to win a flag and now he’s a fringe player, contracted for years, in a team that’s basically out of contention already.

Robertson still would have improved us and have been worth it if cheap. Either he improves with continuity and game time or gets superseded by younger talent.

Reckon he’d be regretting it more than anyone now. Stayed to win a flag and now he’s a fringe player, contracted for years, in a team that’s basically out of contention already.
And the younger Ashcroft will immediately be the better player next year.

100%. Would’ve been a solid pick up for where we are at. Still short an afl ready body mid or 2 who can feed Kelly and will put body pressure on the opposition mids.

Will regret it big time, was always the wrong move for him imo. Never leaping a lot do those mids and not sure he can play any where else. Said it at the time and I reckon it will play out that way.

Sheldrick is the one we should be offer a good deal too now. Exactly the mid we need.

100%. Would’ve been a solid pick up for where we are at. Still short an afl ready body mid or 2 who can feed Kelly and will put body pressure on the opposition mids.

Will regret it big time, was always the wrong move for him imo. Never leaping a lot do those mids and not sure he can play any where else. Said it at the time and I reckon it will play out that way.

Sheldrick is the one we should be offer a good deal too now. Exactly the mid we need.
Basically any player coming over will improve us ☹️. IMO we should just hit the draft for the next 3 years and pick up the odd savvy FA. 👍 Hunt, Flynn, Brockman are massive wins even if they aren't going to be around for our next window.

Is it possible if Dev plays s**t enough at Brisbane and annoys them will they release Dev and give him to us for nothing picks?

Is there hope there?

Is it possible if Dev plays s**t enough at Brisbane and annoys them will they release Dev and give him to us for nothing picks?

Is there hope there?
So you want to pick up a list-clogger?

That shirtless performance really did a number on you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well its a bunch of laughs on the Lions board.

Our old mate Briz is suggesting tanking already to get a pick ahead of Levi Ashcroft. The locals have tried to calm him down but he may have copped too much sun today. Or got stuck into the scotch watching their second loss at home, the GF replay and hitting 0 - 3.

Maybe we can rebuild together? ;) :thumbsu::cool:

Your a fringe player. Geez,
In a Sunday Masters league if i'm lucky 🤭

Look, i'd love to be wrong. I hope we have a 200 game player, who applies manic pressure, kicks bags every other week and can run through the midfield.
Reality is that the Hawks didn't exactly dig their heels in which gives us their view on his likely usefulness going ahead.

What do you see him being? I think best case we get a Josh Hill quality fwd (more pressure, less goals, same amount of kids)

Agreed. As well as the KPD aspect I think this is a reason the club were prepared to swap the F1 for Curtin as an elite distributor by foot. I’m still fuming that pick 19 became 30 when that would have got us Hardeman and change at the draft which would have helped this aspect as well as reading your post about Dildoro and Roberts when it is clearly such an area of need for us. Monocle said it perfectly, we’ve been recruiting athletes and trying to turn them into footballers but now we should be focussing on footballers with an athletic profile.
Hopefully the AFL throw us a couple end of first rounders this year which are prime picks for rebounding HBFs

Hopefully the AFL throw us a couple end of first rounders this year which are prime picks for rebounding HBFs
Would love that to be the case but can’t see us getting more than North 2022 which would be a 2R and 3R tied to our picks that we have to trade. We’ll be lucky to get that tbh. Thinking medium term for rebounding, Bu this year, Hardeman for our 2R in 2026 and Curtin for our 1R if they develop as projected would be ideal. If we hit the apex of trading the end of 2026 back 6 wet dream is:

Hough Taylor (2025 FA) Busslinger (2024 2R)
Burgiel Curtin (2026 R1) Hardeman (2026 2R)

Ginbey to rest/rotate through from midfield.

Last edited:
Basically any player coming over will improve us ☹️. IMO we should just hit the draft for the next 3 years and pick up the odd savvy FA. 👍 Hunt, Flynn, Brockman are massive wins even if they aren't going to be around for our next window.
Plenty of holes in the starting 22 but inside defensive mid and goes hard every contest is a big one. Along with speedy and elite kicking wings/HBF.

Dev would’ve been close to a FA pick up. Who knows Harvey Johnston might work out better long term but can’t have a team with 18-21 years old running around. Need to few in that mid 20s imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back