Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

- No idea on the status of Richardson, Sierakowski, Speight, McKinley, Warren or Garlett. My guess is they're all out of contract.

Updated thanks to DMac.

2013: Sierakowski, Speight, Richardson
2012: Mckinley, Warren, Garlett

Hansen and Edwards the other 2 uncontracted players. Hansen likely to sign, apparently.

Delist: McKinley, Warren, Edwards, Garlett (if a trade can't be done, he's going anyway)
Upgrade: Gibson, Mullett, Daw
Trade: McIntosh, Pedersen, Campbell

Also possible that Siera/Speight/Richo could go onto the rookie list. Delaney an outside chance to be traded.

Remember we could be adding Jacobs/Hickey as well.

I think 2012 will be another year of taking just 2 in the draft.

I forgot Matt Campbell. He's another who is looking to move on. We all said it was crazy to give him a 2 year deal.

Thought I'd have a look at the guys who are out of contract at the end of the year.

Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Grima, McMahon, Tarrant, Wright, Harper

It goes without saying that we'd like to retain all of these guys in 2014. I doubt there'll be many issues here. Hopefully the 3 old blokes have plenty of footy left.

McKenzie, Curran

Still in their early stages of development. 1-2 year extensions without much fuss you'd imagine.

Daw, Kennedy, Mullett

Depends whether they get opportunities in 2013. Maj is one who could be a risk of taking a better offer.

L.Delaney, Mabon, Sierakowski

The early candidates to be axed.

Greenwood

Despite being contracted for 2014 (wtf), he's a chance to cop the Urquhart/Richardson/Speight treatment if he has another poor year.

Long shot but does anyone know how long any of our draftees got? I'm guessing 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is the standard but mature aged recruits (Currie, Hine) can be given just the one year.

My guess is Atley and Harper got 3 because we were in the GWS window and wanted to avoid a Scully scenario. They may have reverted back to standard 2 year deals now.

Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Grima, McMahon, Tarrant, Wright, Harper
It goes without saying that we'd like to retain all of these guys in 2014. I doubt there'll be many issues here. Hopefully the 3 old blokes have plenty of footy left.

McKenzie, Curran
Still in their early stages of development. 1-2 year extensions without much fuss you'd imagine.

Daw, Kennedy, Mullett
Depends whether they get opportunities in 2013. Maj is one who could be a risk of taking a better offer.
Agree on Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, McMahon. Also I reckon Grima and Tarrant, rightfully, consider they 'owe' North for the belief despite injuries. Sammy won't go with Jack signing.

Harper I'd like to think is 'one of the boys' and will stay with the group. But beyond that and the fact that very few other than the 'go home' ones tend to leave anyway, I have nothing to go on. Be nice to see his and Sammy's signatures be the next 'good news for Roos'.

Any 'go home' factor for McKenzie, especially given he isn't getting 'gifted' games early like some of our recruits of recent years. Any chance Hawthorn might renew their interest in Curran?

Daw's signing may depend a bit on opportunities, yeah?

Does anyone know when player contracts expire and if they are unrestricted or restricted free agents?

I would love to know.

Thanks

I'm starting to get the feeling Kennedy could be in a bit of strife.

Mabon and Keys Snr are too.

We need to get rid of three players off the senior list this year, we won't be elevating any rookies.

I think Siera will get a one year extension as a "wait and see" type.

It's interesting to see who they have sitting in the 2014 slot as well, as they are essentially "on notice" for the same reason.

Could be a few trades this year imo, especially if they want to keep Kennedy.

I'm expecting both McKenzie and Curran to receive small pay increases to 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back