Dalrymple leaves the Kennel

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing but we soldier on. One consolation is that he didn't go to another Victorian club.
Sydney have always recruited well, not sure how much better they can be with Dal joining them.
Possible succession plan for when Kinnear leaves.

Huge Loss . The man is a genius . I honestly don’t know how someone like that can be replaced . Decade is a long time at one club but honestly we should of offered more cash to keep him.
Hard to say that though. There’s a possibility we offered more money than Sydney. Possible that Simon just wanted a sea change. Just very very unfortunate that he’s left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a result of how we've restructured our list management team. Having Dal and McCartney side-by-side in their role with no real clear chain of command for who their boss was clearly led to conflict and in all honesty it was probably greater than what we realise on the outside.

Losing Dal - clearly a talented recruiter - is a disappointment but it's probably as a consequence of the footy department organisational structure that we want, and it's the kind of thing that happens in private business all the time.

At least it means we'll probably promote someone internally, or someone from a smaller role at another club, one who is more than happy to report to Sam Power directly for strategic matters. And who knows. Clearly the club sees some benefit in rejigging our hierarchical structure otherwise we wouldn't have done it last season.

Hard to say that though. There’s a possibility we offered more money than Sydney. Possible that Simon just wanted a sea change. Just very very unfortunate that he’s left.
I would of promoted him last season but anyway . I assumed cash was the reason as he needs to relocate himself Over there so thought why would someone do that unless the were big dollars in play .

Disappointing but we soldier on. One consolation is that he didn't go to another Victorian club.
Sydney have always recruited well, not sure how much better they can be with Dal joining them.
Have recruited extremely well despite a surprisingly poor strike-rate with 1st round picks a few years back. Their 1st round picks from 2006 to 2010 were Daniel O'Keefe, Patrick Veszpremi, Lewis Johnston, Gary Rohan, Lewis Jetta and Jed Lamb. It seemed their rut ended when they got Tom Mitchell in 2011 as a F/S

This statement from the club makes one of the most significant memebers of our premiership team and his departure seem so blandly benign.

At least all of the recruitment ducks are in a row and there is ample time to find a quality replacement. No man is an island.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-02-09/dalrymple-departs-kennel

Western Bulldogs Recruiting Manager Simon Dalrymple has departed the club to take up a role with the Sydney Swans.

After a decade working with the Bulldogs as a development coach and recruiter, the club agreed to release Dalrymple from his contract to enable him to pursue another opportunity.

“I would like to take this chance to thank all of the staff at the Western Bulldogs for their support during my time at the club,” Dalrymple said.

“It has been a significant chapter of my career, and I am grateful for the opportunities I have been given.

“However, after more than a decade at the club, I believe it’s the right time for me to take on a fresh challenge.”

Dalrymple arrived at VU Whitten Oval in 2007 as a development coach, after five years in player development and recruitment at the Northern Knights.

From 2010 onwards, he has served as the Bulldogs’ Recruiting Manager, and he was recently made a life member of the club.

“Simon has been a valuable contributor to the Western Bulldogs over a long period of time, and I wish him and his family all the best in his future endeavours,” said Bulldogs’ Director of Football, Chris Grant.

“We are looking forward to Sam Power and his recruiting and list management team continuing to strengthen the club’s playing list under the team’s recently changed and expanded structure.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back