Prediction Darcy Moore. Struggle or excel in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I posted this on the main board by accident and most are picking Moore to struggle in 2017. Welcome to go over there and have your say. Thought I would ask on the question on our board anyway. How's he's going to go? How many goals? Will he struggle or excel without the likes of Trav Cloke?

In between for me. Can hope and expect somewhere in the 30+ goals for the season would be a good return,still developing so don't expect too much

Just turned 21 so still just a babe in terms of KPFs development. If he can continue to improve he'll have done well. Went from 1 gpg average 1st year to 1.4 in 2016. If he can take that to 1.7-1.8 I'd be very happy as it pushes him into 30+ goals a year territory.

Will improve.
Excel? That will be more likely 2018.

But he is a talent and we have him.

I suspect his support will be Cox, because if nothing else Cox's height will trouble and stretch defenders.
Making Moores job a bit easier.

That's why Elliot is vital, he adds that problem headache in the air, just to further complicate things

It's dont troll day today. Go away

It's dont troll day today. Go away
Everyone's given reasonable answers to the question, generally acknowledging both aspects of the comparison.

Suggests to me it's not a troll question, but actually a very reasonable one.

I think of him more as Powerpoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on your expectations really. If he plays 22 matches this year I'll back him in to excel because at this time I think he just needs regular senior footy and the rest will take care of itself. The problem is I don't expect he'll get through injury free due to various reasons.

Noticed on the Pies site that he is 201 cm but saw a photo of him with Grundy (203), looks the same.
Any idea what is height was at beginning of last year?

Think he will do okay and enough to warrant a good defender, couple of goals a game will do me at this stage, still young.

Everyone's given reasonable answers to the question, generally acknowledging both aspects of the comparison.

Suggests to me it's not a troll question, but actually a very reasonable one.

Seriously it's don't troll day for real. And he's a troll.

All comes down to fitness for Darcy.

If he plays all 22 games, he will kick 40+ goals in 2017.

Why? Because if he can get another 15 games under his belt, come those final 6-7 games of the year he will be ready to tear this competition apart.

He's not there yet, but if he can play every game this year, or damn close to it, by seasons end they will be talking about him in the Buddy, Lynch, Walker and Kennedy (probably forgetting someone here?) group as the best key forwards in the game.

All Darcy needs to become one of the most consistent tall key forwards in the game is a consistent run of games, because then his confidence will improve, and so will his output at senior level.

Losing Cloke won't effect Darcy's output at all, in fact it should improve it given he now knows he's the king of the forward line, something the kid will grasp with both hands and take over willingly.

The X factor here is Jamie Elliott, team defenses will be off their heads trying to figure out what to do if Jamie gets fit. If our forward line is Moore, Elliott, Fasolo, Hoskin-Elliott, Cox, Mayne and White, that scares teams.

I posted this on the main board by accident and most are picking Moore to struggle in 2017. Welcome to go over there and have your say. Thought I would ask on the question on our board anyway. How's he's going to go? How many goals? Will he struggle or excel without the likes of Trav Cloke?
It depends on your definition of excel in a 21 year old playing a key position who needs an extra 10 plus kgs and has played less than 50 games.

All comes down to fitness for Darcy.
Losing Cloke won't effect Darcy's output at all, in fact it should improve it given he now knows he's the king of the forward line, something the kid will grasp with both hands and take over willingly.

If you were to compare Darcy's contested marking and goal stats with and without Cloke you will quickly see why the Pies gave Cloke away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back