Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judd is a vexed issue for me.
A fine player no doubt but overhyped for mine because of what I saw often in his early career.
Far too often I saw his west coast team mates physically form a corridor for him to run through unimpeded.
Nothing wrong or illegal but putting it in context of his veneration I come away without being convinced at all.
He was freakishly good. Bung shoulders throughout his entire career. Won his second brownlow with OP. It's scary how good he was, but also what could have been.

He was freakishly good. Bung shoulders throughout his entire career. Won his second brownlow with OP. It's scary how good he was, but also what could have been.
We all have our views, in my view he was hugely talented but far too celebrated.

Those forced corridors his team mates formed are NOT what a true champion needs. A true champion takes on his opponents and beats them and doesn't need to take advantage of his team mates running interference for him.

A great player undoubtedly but NOT the demi-god so many see.

We all have our views, in my view he was hugely talented but far too celebrated.

Those forced corridors his team mates formed are NOT what a true champion needs. A true champion takes on his opponents and beats them and doesn't need to take advantage of his team mates running interference for him.

A great player undoubtedly but NOT the demi-god so many see.

Great player Juddy (particularly early on) but that second Brownlow...he (I mean the AFL) stole that from Swanny!

I put it in the wrong thread - Take 2

Darcy Moore

An extraordinary athlete and superb rebounding defender. I have no doubt he is on the way to elite status.

So my question is who won on the night - Moore or his opponent (4 goals)?

Darcy Moore

An extraordinary athlete and superb rebounding defender. I have no doubt he is on the way to elite status.

Darcy. Easily had the better of the dual on the night. That mark going back with the flight against Casboult and McKay won’t get the plaudits it deserves. Absolutely brilliant courage and athleticism.

Darcy. Easily had the better of the dual on the night. That mark going back with the flight against Casboult and McKay won’t get the plaudits it deserves. Absolutely brilliant courage and athleticism.

I don't have a view one way or the other. I think the result being a Pies win slants it his way. Imagine playing a rip snorter of an attacking game in defense in a cut throat final only for your opponent to kick 4 goals and the opposition wins. Then what? It's a fine line.

I remember Langdon being close to BOG in the 2018 GF and yet making a couple of extremely costly errors.

Was Mark of the Year

Darcy Moore

Not sure if serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if serious.

Moore is a gun - no doubt.

But I think a player's performance should be judged on a net basis ie player contribution minus opponent contribution. For me I think a Presti type backman who has little or no possessions however holds his forward opponent to zero goals has made a more valuable contribution to the team overall. But I understand that Moore is not that type of player and he has a different role to play. That notwithstanding if a forward kicks 4 goals that would be viewed as having had a significant contribution in any team. Maybe that's the tradeoff for Moore's dash and run.

But I think a player's performance should be judged on a net basis ie player contribution minus opponent contribution. For me I think a Presti type backman who has little or no possessions however holds his forward opponent to zero goals has made a more valuable contribution to the team overall. But I understand that Moore is not that type of player and he has a different role to play. That notwithstanding if a forward kicks 4 goals that would be viewed as having had a significant contribution in any team. Maybe that's the tradeoff for Moore's dash and run.
You can't isolate it like that - so many things happening up and downfield influence those contests. The fluctuating fortunes of his team mates have a direct influence on the impact of play coming into his arena.

You can't isolate it like that - so many things happening up and downfield influence those contests. The fluctuating fortunes of his team mates have a direct influence on the impact of play coming into his arena.

I agree. It's an interesting debate. There are many intangibles here. The only tangible is that McKay kicked 4. Moore's contribution was immense yet more difficult to quantify.

It’s a different game now where it’s much more 1:1, like to 70’s & 80’s where you had some of the games best defenders getting a bag kicked on them

Also 1 goal was from a free & another from a miss kick that landed in his arms, so yeah Moore by a country mile!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a different game now where it’s much more 1:1, like to 70’s & 80’s where you had some of the games best defenders getting a bag kicked on them

Also 1 goal was from a free & another from a miss kick that landed in his arms, so yeah Moore by a country mile!

On balance I would give the nod to Moore. However in today's game, not many forwards kick 4 goals in a match anymore. And as to how the forward gets his goals, well as in golf parlance, you don't draw a picture.

On balance I would give the nod to Moore. However in today's game, not many forwards kick 4 goals in a match anymore. And as to how the forward gets his goals, well as in golf parlance, you don't draw a picture.
I get the feeling that with the new structures the chaos factor will increase and we will see much more instability with individual sides performances over the season.

Ok so I mentioned in another thread about moving Darcy forward. I take that back, leave him where he is. So Darcy needs to be cloned, one at each end. Another AA season ahead I think, he is such a good mark. The defence works well even with bruzzy down a bit and Howe taking his time to get back into it.

Also Moore had double the possies of his opponent and influenced the play down the field.

Darcy Moore

Moore killed him. As Weitering and Jones killed Cox. But the game was so open that they both had heaps of chances and a handful of shots at goal.

Both coaches were happy with their players after the game. If you as a blues supporter heard before the match that McKay would have 10 possies, 3 contested marks, 7 score involvements and score 4.0, you’d take it all day. Ditto the 18 intercept possies that Moore had with Howe the closest on 10.
Hard to say one player beat the other but it’s also hard to say Moore won comprehensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back