43. Carter Michael - Brisbane A - 188cm 74kg
44. Zavier Maher - Murray - 185cm 82kg
45. Lachlan Carrigan - Sandringham - 191cm 78kg
46. Max Heath - Sandringham - 203cm 94kg
47. Maurice Rioli Jnr - NT - 173cm 73kg
48. Harry Sharp - GWV - 183cm 69kg
49. Jake Bowey - Sandringham - 175cm 67kg
50. Clayton Gay - Dandenong - 184cm 78kg

a couple of state league players i think might get drafted, Tom Highmore and Jackson Ramsay(not going to speculate where they might go).

others outside of the top 50 include, Seamus Mitchell, Luke Pedlar, Henry Walsh, Kalin Lane, Liam McMahon, Sam Collins, Josh Green, Campbell Edwardes, Jackson Cardillo, Jack Avery, James Borlase, Lochlan Jenkins, Max Holmes, Connor Stone.

Last edited:
i guess i should update my list since its been a month or 2, i guess this will be my last one unless im inspired to change a few names around or whatever, i will go into detail about the top 7 as they seem likely to go top 7, then list the rest in order of my opinion.

1. Will Phillips - dont get me wrong, i can see the value in good tall forwards and i understand why they are likely to go 1-2 in the draft, but for me Phillips is my pick for best player in the draft, clean handling, tough, leader by action, smart, determined and competitive, runs out of congestion, uses the ball nearly every time constructively, consistent performer, consistently one of the best players on field over about a dozen games (p.s. out performed Rowell at times in the 2019 finals series, Rowell who had been king of the big games for over 2 years)

2. JUH - i have him here for performing at a high level in a tough competition, the NAB League, good leads, smart body use to take marks behind or on the lead, nice kick at goal, goal kicking limited to 50m, good athletic signs on field, wins one on ones, nice kick at goal

3. Logan McDonald - another tall forward, had a rough year last year, then came out of the blocks with a bang kicking bags of goals in pre-season WAFL, then followed that up with a great year eventually winning a spot in the WAFL team of the year, deceptively quick and mobile, good one on ones, improved goal kicking from last year, beat some decent defenders in the WAFL using his height but also body work

4. Elijah Hollands - i saw him mostly play as a half forward and a couple of games as a midfielder, as a half forward he had the best attributes of both Perkins and Ford, contested marking and clever ball use, his one negative was long range goal kicking, i think i saw him kick half a dozen behinds from 40-50m out, but then he kicks a freakish goal from the boundary 45m out for VC at the MCG, as a midfielder he bursts through the midfield and pushes forward becoming a goal kicking option and seems to adapt to midfield very well

5. Denver Grainger-Barras - from the first game i saw him where as an underager he single handedly created a zone of influence where if the ball came into that zone, he would kill it, intercept it or tackle the guy who had it during VC comeback run, he is super competitive and i think most people pencilled him in as a likely top 5 pick or top 10 pick coming into 2020 off of that game and his WAFL form, competitive, athletic and agile for a big man, good defensive attributes, determined, loves a contest.

6. Riley Thilthorpe - this one is controversial, because i see him as a athletic ruckman(endurance and agility) who has potential to rest forward, but people view him as a tall forw/ruck hybrid, something like Peter Wright or Charlie Dixon, i think his game translates moreso to a ruckman who rests forward, but thats not as sexy as whats being sold, he is an athletic tall talent and has done a few impressive things this year and should go top 10 somewhere.

7. Braeden Campbell - from the half dozen games ive seen of him, he seemed to be very much an outside player who has a lovely left foot kick and is dangerous around goals, at times he can be courageous, good speed, skillful kicking, probably the best wing option in the draft pool this year.

8. Archie Perkins
9. Tanner Bruhn
10. Reef McInnes
11. Oliver Henry
12. Nathan O'Driscoll
13. Lachlan Jones
14. Nikolas Cox
15. Brandon Walker
16. Heath Chapman
17. Jackson Callow
18. Jack Carroll
19. Tom Powell
20. Kaine Baldwin
21. Eddie Ford
22. Luke Edwards
23. Zac Dumesny
24. Errol Gulden
25. Alex Davies
26. Oliver Davis
27. Bailey Laurie
28. Jack Ginnivan
29. Connor Downie
30. Joel Western
31. Sam Berry
32. Caleb Poulter
33. Zane Trew
34. Finlay Macrae
35. Brayden Cook
36. Brodie Lake
37. Harry Sharp
38. Blake Coleman
39. Isiah Winder
40. Taj Schofield
41. Joel Jeffrey
42. Cody Brand
43. Sam Collins
44. Charlie Lazzaro
45. Zach Reid
46. Shannon Neale
47. Carter Michael
48. Lochlan Jenkins
49. Clayton Gay
50. Josh Green/Liam McMahon/Campbell Edwardes/Jackson Cardillo (cant make my mind up for last spot)
Do you rate Callow that high? I hope freo take him or Baldwin at 12,

Maybe Neale with later pick

2021 preview:

i have only seen a small sample of players so far, i will put how much or none if its based on reputation as this year has been mostly a write off

1. Jason Horne (few games and some highlights) - 182cm 75kg - Sth Adel, highly talented player that seems capable of doing everything, seems taller than 182cm and was pretty good at SANFL level as an underager this year, but i had already seen enough in his u18s games to realise he was a top end talent

2. Josh Rachele (half a dozen approx) - 179cm 77kg - Murray, in his year before underage year, he was probably one of the best players for Murray(2019) dominant half forward, either working with the midfield to get i50 entries or kicking goals, also i hear he was a stand out in the u16's too, so some serious talent and i wouldnt be surprised if he played midfield in 2021

3. Nick Daicos (have yet to see) - 183cm 72kg - Oakleigh - i have yet to see him play, but Matt Rendell and Cal Twomey believe he is an elite talent so i will put him here, because he will have to be amazing to be ahead of Horne and Rachele imo

--------------------------------these 3 i think will be the early elite talent, obviously i will have to wait and see with Daicos, but the other 2 im certain of

4. Josh Sinn (have yet to see) 186cm 72kg - Sandringham, another i have yet to see thanx to covid, but has a big reputation, doing well and being mentioned in articles alongside Sonsie as well as other draft watches being fans of him, so im predicting at this stage he will be top 5 or so

5. Tyler Sonsie (saw him in approx a dozen games) - 181cm - Eastern, played mostly as a half forw, but he is obviously more at home as a midfielder, i can see the talent he has, but doesnt shine like Horne or Rachele at this stage, im curious to see what he can do with more midfield responsibility

6. Cooper Beecken (saw him in SA all stars game) 190cm 73kg - Glenlg, small sample, but i loved how he played in that game, he stood out as the best SA kid for 2021 in that game, with a few others underperforming in Draper and Murley

7. Sam Banks (half a dozen games) 184cm - Tassie, impressive talent, reminds me a bit of Bruhn in how he plays, played decently in his year before underage in 2019 and had some quality moments.

8. Ben Hobbs (half a dozen games) 181cm 76kg - GWV - played really well as a half forw/mid in his year before underage year, competitive and skillful

9. Campbell Chesser (have yet to see) 186cm - Sandringham, another i have yet to see, but hear he is a quality player, so he is here on reputation

10. Rhett Bazzo (have yet to see) 194cm 74kg - Swan Dist, KPD who has big wraps, had a good u16's champs.

its hard to make a preview list without seeing a lot of the talent this year, so its more of a watch list to see if these players are good enough to be drafted for 2021

seen and i want to mention: Alex Lukic(oak), Charlie Molan(gwv), Jase Burgoyne(wwt), Nasiah Wanganeen(glenlg), Josh Brown(e frem), Tom Brown (murr)

i was made aware that the preview game for the SA all stars were for 2021(i didnt look at ages and assumed they were for 2022), so i wanted to make some additions to this group, obviously i need to see more of these kids, but making an early judgement on what i saw, for me the 6 standouts in the futures preview to the all stars game were Willis, Whitelum, Calvett, McInnes, Linke and Gal plus the standout for 2022 Fraser Bone.

Liked:
James Willis - 180cm 73kg - North - really good game from him, i liked his speed, aggression, courage, ability to win the footy, clean disposal, good amount of flair and x-factor too

Shay Linke - 188cm 75kg - Central Dist - i kept noticing this medium tall defender intercepting and pushing up and playing wing for a large part of the game, looked up his number because i liked how he impacted the play and created turnover.

Luca Whitelum - 188cm 79kg - Central Dist - med tall forw, lead up into the midfield, kicked 2 goals, really impressed with his performance, because he didnt just play well inside 50, he was a good link in many plays leading up the wings and even half back at times

Will Spain - 176cm 69kg - Sturt - seemed a solid midfielder, performed well and i would like to see more of him next year

Harry McInnes - 190cm 85kg - Glenlg - a good KPF, that seems agile, which is crucial with KPF's imo, kicked 3 goals and a poster from 40m on the boundary, would like to see more next year, but so far would be the top KPF in this draft pool i think?(up there with Lukic and Van Rooyen(rep)), some people are going to want to see 195cm next to his name though.

Brayden Calvett - 177cm 69kg - WWT - i was impressed by his 1st half in the all stars game, was up there with Willis as one of the best players on the night, is a little short and slim, but is quick and skillful

Bailey Gal - 178cm 74kg - Norw - played hbf and wing for the most part, used the ball well, was involved in the game for all 4 quarters and showed some courage at times, good agility and speed

Adam Heath - 192cm 85kg - North Adel - loved his mullet, competed well in the ruck, went forw kicked a goal and then played on McInnes i believe in defense, can play in all 3 positions well, which is rare.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disappointed:
Cooper Murley - Norw - very small, he looked smaller than his 177cm, but he is quick, just wasnt as sharp or impactful as i was hoping he would be in the all star game

Arlo Draper - Sth Adel - i didnt like his game in the all star game, maybe just a bad game, so i will need to see more of him, because he has a decent reputation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fraser Bone - 196cm 73kg - West Adel - played mostly ruck, agile and quick for a big man, was one of the best on his team as a 16 year old, remember his name, i predict first rounder

Jaiden Magor - 184cm 70kg - South Adel - started a bit rough, but his 2nd half was more composed and clean, decent chance in 2 years of being drafted top 30-40?

Isaac Keeler - 197cm 75kg - North Adel - never really got into the game, looks athletic, but rarely impacted the game positively, his rate of improvement will be important, because he has a footballers body, athletic and good height, but he needs to put it all together skills-wise.

Last edited:

2021 S.A. could have more talent than i previously thought, i really like the look of these 7 players that i have seen

Jason Horne
Cooper Beecken
James Willis
Luca Whitelum
Harry McInnes
Shay Linke
Bailey Gal

and then theres Matthew Roberts*, Lewis Rayson*, Morgan Ferres*, Isaiah Dudley*, Cooper Murley, Arlo Draper, Nasiah Wanganeen, Brayden Calvett, Adam Heath and Jase Burgoyne

*=have yet to see

2021 S.A. could have more talent than i previously thought, i really like the look of these 7 players that i have seen

Jason Horne
Cooper Beecken
James Willis
Luca Whitelum
Harry McInnes
Shay Linke
Bailey Gal

and then theres Matthew Roberts*, Lewis Rayson*, Morgan Ferres*, Isaiah Dudley*, Cooper Murley, Arlo Draper, Nasiah Wanganeen, Brayden Calvett, Adam Heath and Jase Burgoyne

*=have yet to see
Watch some of the south games from later in the season, Draper and Roberts will make an impression on you pretty quickly. Draper is going to be a star.

Watch some of the south games from later in the season, Draper and Roberts will make an impression on you pretty quickly. Draper is going to be a star.
Bang on, both firmly in early round discussions, and both good sized mids which seems to be the trend now.

Norwood Defender Matthew Dnistriansky with his booming kick another that I think will come strongly into discussions if he has an injury free run in his top age year.

Phantom Draft 2020

1. Western - (bid) Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
2. Adel - Riley Thilthorpe
3. NM- Logan McDonald
4. Syd - Denver Grainger-Barras
5. Syd - (bid) Braeden Campbell
6. Haw - Will Phillips
7. GCS - Elijah Hollands
8. Ess - Tanner Bruhn
9. Ess - Archie Perkins
10. Port - (bid) Lachlan Jones
11. Coll - (bid) Reef McInnes
12. Ess - Zach Reid
13. Adel - Nathan O'Driscoll
14. GWS - Oliver Henry
15. NM - Nikolas Cox
16. Frem - Jack Carroll
17. GWS - Jack Ginnivan
18. Frem - (bid) Brandon Walker
19. GWS - Heath Chapman
20. Coll - Tom Powell
21. Rich - Kaine Baldwin
22. Melb - Brayden Cook
23. Melb - Eddie Ford
24. Syd - (bid) Errol Gulden
25. GWS - Finlay Macrae
26. Adel - (bid) Luke Edwards
27. StK - Bailey Laurie
28. Haw - Jackson Callow
29. Adel - Caleb Poulter
30. Bris - Isaiah Winder
31. GCS - Zac Dumesny
32. Haw - (bid) Connor Downie
33. Melb - * Brodie Lake
34. Bris - (bid) Blake Coleman
35. Ess - Oliver Davis
36. NM - Sam Berry
37. Frem - (bid) Joel Western
38. Ess - (bid) Cody Brand
39. Rich - Shannon Neale
40. GCS - Zane Trew
41. Carl - Max Heath
42. NM - Harry Sharp
43. Port - (bid) Taj Schofield
44. Adel - (bid) James Borlase
45. GWS - Liam McMahon
46. Carl - Harry Sharp
47. GWS - (bid) Josh Green
48. Rich - (bid) Maurice Rioli Jnr
49. Haw - Clayton Gay
50. Melb - Jackson Cardillo
51. Haw - Campbell Edwardes
52. Geel - * Carter Michael
53. WCE - Blake Morris
54. StK - Zavier Maher
55. Coll - Sam Collins
56. Geel - Jake Bowey

Last edited:
Really enjoy your thread and your phantom. Regarding Fremantle, how confident are you that GWS would rate Walker above Chapman? Is there a needs element to that strategy?

Phantom Draft 2020

3. NM- Logan McDonald
6. Haw - Will Phillips
7. GCS - Elijah Hollands
8. Ess - Tanner Bruhn
9. Ess - Archie Perkins
12. Ess - Zach Reid
14. GWS - Oliver Henry
15. NM - Nikolas Cox
16. Frem - Jack Carroll
17. GWS - Jack Ginnivan
19. GWS - Heath Chapman
20. Coll - Tom Powell
21. Rich - Kaine Baldwin
22. Melb - Brayden Cook
23. Melb - Eddie Ford
25. Geel - Finlay Macrae
27. StK - Bailey Laurie
28. Haw - Jackson Callow
29. Adel - Caleb Poulter
30. Bris - Isaiah Winder
31. GCS - Zac Dumesny
33. Melb - * Brodie Lake
35. Ess - Oliver Davis
36. NM - Sam Berry
39. Rich - Shannon Neale
40. GCS - Zane Trew
41. Carl - Max Heath
42. NM - Harry Sharp
45. GWS - Liam McMahon
46. Carl - Harry Sharp
48. Haw - Clayton Gay
49. Melb - Jackson Cardillo
50. Haw - Campbell Edwardes
51. Geel - * Carter Michael
52. Rich - Sam Collins
53. WCE - Blake Morris
54. StK - Zavier Maher
55. Coll - Jake Bowey

why the Asterix ?

Really enjoy your thread and your phantom. Regarding Fremantle, how confident are you that GWS would rate Walker above Chapman? Is there a needs element to that strategy?
i just assume clubs go for best available at their pick, some clubs may target one area of improvement, but its easier for me to assume they just take best available to make it hopefully flow better because it already takes me half an hour to an hour to do, i dont want to spend another half hour or so figuring out too many specifics of drafting strategies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phantom Draft 2020

3. NM- Logan McDonald
6. Haw - Will Phillips
7. GCS - Elijah Hollands
8. Ess - Tanner Bruhn
9. Ess - Archie Perkins
12. Ess - Zach Reid
14. GWS - Oliver Henry
15. NM - Nikolas Cox
16. Frem - Jack Carroll
17. GWS - Jack Ginnivan
19. GWS - Heath Chapman
20. Coll - Tom Powell
21. Rich - Kaine Baldwin
22. Melb - Brayden Cook
23. Melb - Eddie Ford
25. Geel - Finlay Macrae
27. StK - Bailey Laurie
28. Haw - Jackson Callow
29. Adel - Caleb Poulter
30. Bris - Isaiah Winder
31. GCS - Zac Dumesny
33. Melb - * Brodie Lake
35. Ess - Oliver Davis
36. NM - Sam Berry
39. Rich - Shannon Neale
40. GCS - Zane Trew
41. Carl - Max Heath
42. NM - Harry Sharp
45. GWS - Liam McMahon
46. Carl - Harry Sharp
48. Haw - Clayton Gay
49. Melb - Jackson Cardillo
50. Haw - Campbell Edwardes
51. Geel - * Carter Michael
52. Rich - Sam Collins
53. WCE - Blake Morris
54. StK - Zavier Maher
55. Coll - Jake Bowey
What made you change your mind on Reid?

Its a difficult one....He wants to be at Richmond, they will not let him get to another club and are most likely only going to pick one player then match his bid, but it may not come as he will not end up anywhere else (in his and their eyes). So they may (if no bid does come) just pick him with their second pick and then bow out of the draft. Freo love him and we all know what dodoro and Essendon are like with bidding so they may try, and he will be worth it.

Its a difficult one....He wants to be at Richmond, they will not let him get to another club and are most likely only going to pick one player then match his bid, but it may not come as he will not end up anywhere else (in his and their eyes). So they may (if no bid does come) just pick him with their second pick and then bow out of the draft. Freo love him and we all know what dodoro and Essendon are like with bidding so they may try, and he will be worth it.

we might also bid because the hawks recruiters love a rioli, i added him to the phantom draft a bit late, but he is one im not sure where he could be bid on.

Phantom Draft 2020

3. NM- Logan McDonald
6. Haw - Will Phillips
7. GCS - Elijah Hollands
8. Ess - Tanner Bruhn
9. Ess - Archie Perkins
12. Ess - Zach Reid
14. GWS - Oliver Henry
15. NM - Nikolas Cox
16. Frem - Jack Carroll
17. GWS - Jack Ginnivan
19. GWS - Heath Chapman
20. Coll - Tom Powell
21. Rich - Kaine Baldwin
22. Melb - Brayden Cook
23. Melb - Eddie Ford
25. GWS - Finlay Macrae
27. StK - Bailey Laurie
28. Haw - Jackson Callow
29. Adel - Caleb Poulter
30. Bris - Isaiah Winder
31. GCS - Zac Dumesny
33. Melb - * Brodie Lake
35. Ess - Oliver Davis
36. NM - Sam Berry
39. Rich - Shannon Neale
40. GCS - Zane Trew
41. Carl - Max Heath
42. NM - Harry Sharp
45. GWS - Liam McMahon
46. Carl - Harry Sharp
48. Rich - (bid) Maurice Rioli Jnr
49. Haw - Clayton Gay
50. Melb - Jackson Cardillo
51. Haw - Campbell Edwardes
52. Geel - * Carter Michael
53. WCE - Blake Morris
54. StK - Zavier Maher
55. Coll - Sam Collins
56. Geel - Jake Bowey
Big slide for Zavier Maher.

i didnt realise i had to copy and paste other peoples thoughts, cheers for the heads up.
But you put Reid up, while not rating him highly.

Don’t get me wrong, I like reading your stuff because you get out and watch the kids.

Don’t mind that you have your own rankings. But you put one kid up, while not using the same logic/criteria for another.

But you put Reid up, while not rating him highly.

Don’t get me wrong, I like reading your stuff because you get out and watch the kids.

Don’t mind that you have your own rankings. But you put one kid up, while not using the same logic/criteria for another.
when Serong won the Rising Star this year it reminded me of a conversation i had in 2018 where someone told me he was over rated, too small and couldnt kick and that that person had heard on a podcast that Serong was over rated and had a bad kick % ect ect ect, i looked up this conversation after he won the Rising Star and that person was you, you were telling me flat out that Serong was over rated and i shouldnt rate him that high because you heard from a podcast that he couldnt kick and was over rated, so forgive me if i dont listen to your advice.

Reid is rated highly by some, i dont know why, but good luck to him, but Maher doesnt seem rated by many, maybe as a mid draft possibility, seeing as i think this may be a shortened draft, mid draft comes near the end this year, so i think its fair enough where i predicted he may go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back