Oppo Camp Deathriding Dogs, Freo and Crows - Daicos points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Thilthorpe is getting benefit of not having the #1 pick pressure. Wouldn't be surprised if North or Hawthorn look at that and bid on Daicos with pick 1.

That said I'm hoping our trading with both North and Hawthorn last year involved a no bid promise.
That would be nice.
But wouldnt that be draft tampering?

I reckon Thilthorpe is getting benefit of not having the #1 pick pressure. Wouldn't be surprised if North or Hawthorn look at that and bid on Daicos with pick 1.

That said I'm hoping our trading with both North and Hawthorn last year involved a no bid promise.

North flat out hate us from top to bottom and Hawthorn are perfectly willing to screw anyone over given the opportunity, so I wouldn't be counting on any "in kind" reciprocal gestures in the draft if I were you.

There's a decent chance we might finish 17th anyway with the Crows in 18th if we lose to the Hawks and North beat the Crows in R23, so it might not end up being an issue anyway.

Anyone willing to give a run down of circumstances (bar his or the club's preference) that lead to Daicos going elsewhere, please.
I've read the thread but the points, discounts, ladder and stuff is killing me. :drunk: Scenarios will do. Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone willing to give a run down of circumstances (bar his or the club's preference) that lead to Daicos going elsewhere, please.
I've read the thread but the points, discounts, ladder and stuff is killing me. :drunk: Scenarios will do. Cheers!
It’s 100% our choice.
We either decide to match a bid or pass.
We will not pass.

It’s 100% our choice.
We either decide to match a bid or pass.
We will not pass.

Pies fans everywhere to Hine and the list managers…

shall-not-pass.gif

There is no senario in this circumstances.

Unless we don't think he is worth it and pass, which clearly won't happen. Especially given we dont have a first round pick, which was the whole point of moving it on as we wouldn't need it.

There is no scenario where we don't end up with Nick in the first round.

We'll almost certainly make some moves to acquire another pick or two in later rounds which will help cover any difference between the 1700-odd DVI points we will likely have at season's end with the picks we already have and a bid with the first or second pick.

I doubt we'll get hit with a bid on Nick at pick #1 anyway with a few other likely types sitting there who really want to be that #1 pick - after all it wouldn't exactly be a great start to your relationship with a gun recruit if you pass them over at pick 1 in what will be a pointless gesture any way you look at it.

If we can get past pick #2 without a bid coming then we'll be sitting pretty for any bid match on Nick from then on and we wont have any trouble grabbing Dib later on if we still have those couple of extra later round picks in our back pocket.

Last edited:
Reckon we’ll be fine.
Even if we go into deficit within 200 points, I don’t think a top 3 or 4 pick moves and a pick 5 or 6 will likely only move 1 spot.

I think we need to get 2340 points as that will cover deficeits in the first 12 picks of 2022 draft where we wouldn't drop a pick of Nick Daicos goes pick 1. On top of this we may need points for Youseph Dib. We will probably have about 90 points from our 5th rounder once picks get taken up for players like Daicos, Darcy, Andrew.

I think we need to get 2340 points as that will cover deficeits in the first 12 picks of 2022 draft where we wouldn't drop a pick of Nick Daicos goes pick 1. On top of this we may need points for Youseph Dib. We will probably have about 90 points from our 5th rounder once picks get taken up for players like Daicos, Darcy, Andrew.
If Dib is outside top 40, we can just use our next pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back