Could also go the other way & we just kept Brand around in case we didn't land Frost.On Hartley
Given on face value, we delisted Brand after we got Frost... Lloyd might be right for once.
My take, played a lot of games for a bloke I've never heard of. If your team is around the eight or in it and your playing, your definitely depth and as a delisted free agent on somewhere around minimum wage that is ok by me.
from what i know these are our changes to the listI mentioned this in a different thread....maybe we're holding Hartley in case we don't get McAsey in the draft, in which case we'd sign him then.
On another note, I believe I read somewhere that we've delisted Minchington. I've tried to search any of our delistings but couldn't find it. Does anyone know if we've made our/any delisting?
Pretty much this you would suspect.IMO, Michael Hartley will be at the Hawks. Surely this is a near given. He had a contract on his table and walked away. The only question is when it is official.
Frawley needs a backup ... Hartley is well qualified.
I am very happy to have a quality defender with outstanding kicking skills at the Hawks.
Forget about the “IF” and “When” he joins the Hawks... the tide of thought is that he will be playing in the brown and gold come 2020.
Makes sense. Put your minds at ease everyoneHartley spent 2013 and 2014 on Collingwood's rookie list. In 2013 he played five games at VFL level before injuring a shoulder that forced him to miss the rest of the season. He required more surgery to both shoulders and missed the entire 2014 season. Delisted he played at Coburg for a season in 2015 when he won the best and fairest and was selected in the VFL team of the year.
There is a logical explanation for the delay in an announcement of any signing. Having spent 4 years at Scum Fields the club naturally would require Hartley to undergo intensive cleansing. He will need to have a Scumectomy and following the surgery he would then receive 4 weeks of detox treatment. The club will await the outcome of the surgery and treatment before making a final commitment .
There's an element of that, but it also delays commitment if something doesn't work out. We can get clearance for him to train with us up until pretty much March, that allows a lot more time to sort through contracts, payments, list spots and the like.As I understand it, allows an extra live pick in the national draft we can use in pick swaps on the night. If we took him earlier, less picks in the kitty to play with in live trading.