Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey buddy. It's a work in progress for me. But to be around the old girl (on my terms) and not losing my cool is a start. Work sux when you are around those types of people.
There is a book called the power of now. I tried reading it but see if you can get the audio for it. Gives you a perspective on other people's (and our own) poor behavior and how to not let it get to you in a negative way. It changed my life for the better.
Peace and love mate.

I work in a place very similar to what your describing. It's run like a school, where the more you suck arse and dob others in, then your recognised in a good way. Rather than helping each other, it's pretty much a divide and conquer attitude. The union rep is a leading hand, that goes round telling her members that they should be grateful for having a job, the entire place is a joke. Unfortunately they do pay well. Only reason why I'm there.
At the moment I'm in negotiations to buy my own business with an ex work colleague. But to pay back the loan for the business will probably have stay in my dead end job for another couple years. Patience may be a virtue. But it's stuffed!

Amazing thread

Underrated thread
It's amazing what a few words of empathy can do to lift someone up! :)

This thread is weird in a sense that most of big footy is just completely full of s**t,lies and just below average comments,then you come here and you get courageous people telling strangers about their battles and strangers trying to help them and support them,great stuff and keep up the fight everybody who's struggling.

Last edited:
Today I played in the sun with my kids
We had a BBQ at a park area, a reservoir where they could run around and play
It was a great day
But I had to say goodbye, to give my little girl and boy a kiss goodbye and walk away
I have sat here and cried my eyes out since
It is tearing me apart not being with them every day, it tears me apart to let go of their little hands and leave
I miss them so so much

It was a great day
But I had to say goodbye, to give my little girl and boy a kiss goodbye and walk away
It is tearing me apart not being with them every day, it tears me apart to let go of their little hands and leave
I miss them so so much
pleased you had a great day with your little ones. Sad for you that you have to leave them. Keep strong for them, and yourself

It was a great day
I miss them so so much
Hey mate. I can't begin to imagine what that would be like. I hope you are ok. So glad you decided to open up though.

Those moments, even just a BBQ or a day out, no matter how fleeting they may seem now, become a lifelong lasting memory you all take with you when you aren't together. Time heals all wounds too. Your kids will grow up and become adults one day & will hopefully have positive memories of these times together. You are still a part of their lives & you can be a positive, supportive, strong influence on them & their future.

For some perspective, I wish I could have done that with my father. I never met him. I never knew him. I never heard his voice or have even seen a picture of him. I am content with this as it is my life. But if I could have my time again I think I would have liked to have had that day out or BBQ with him.

I hope you get the right advice & support that can help you to appreciate & focus more on making the best of what you have and less on the negatives & dwelling on what you don't have.

You have the power to change how you see your world. You have the ability to frame things the best way to get the most positive outcomes. You can get through this with some support, honesty, integrity & eventually (I hope) pride that you & your kids can live long happy lifes intertwinded and able to have more awesome moments together. No matter how fleeting they may seem at the time, those moments do actually last forever IMO.

If you need to unload or anything please talk to someone you trust. PM me if you would like too mate.

All the best.

Have decided that by expressing my feelings. It has made me weak. I need to be strong. Good luck with all your problems and may you all get the help you need.

It makes you both irrational and irresponsible. Which then opens you up for exploitation.
I put it to you that talking and opening up is the toughest thing to do
Nothing courageous about silence mate
This forum is a small community in itself and your input here is important to others
Would be sad to see you not here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put it to you that talking and opening up is the toughest thing to do
Nothing courageous about silence mate
This forum is a small community in itself and your input here is important to others
Would be sad to see you not here

In a way I grew up with, you don't burden other people with your problems. Crying makes you weak and ugly. I grew up with if you fell down, you had to pick yourself back up. There was no holding or comforting if you were sad. That is the mentality that I'm still trying to break.

In a way I grew up with, you don't burden other people with your problems. Crying makes you weak and ugly. I grew up with if you fell down, you had to pick yourself back up. There was no holding or comforting if you were sad. That is the mentality that I'm still trying to break.
You break that mentality by differing from it
I was the same
The reason my relationship fell apart is because she and her family thought it was weak that I crumbled from PTSD
What people like that do is prevent us from breaking the mentality or way of thinking that put us in harms way to start with
You can put it any way you like but I say * those people

You break that mentality by differing from it
I was the same
The reason my relationship fell apart is because she and her family thought it was weak that I crumbled from PTSD
What people like that do is prevent us from breaking the mentality or way of thinking that put us in harms way to start with
You can put it any way you like but I say **** those people

I try, all I see is a weak fool.

I try, all I see is a weak fool.
that's just your judgemental mind working. We've been programmed to identify areas of weakness in ourselves, then to address them so we remain accepted by the 'clan'. But dont believe every thought you have. A large part of mental illness is self judgement. It's amazing how hard we are on ourselves, and how we believe every thought our mind thinks as if it's gospel. Put it this way, if one of your friends came to you and said "I'm really struggling at the moment, can I confide in you about my battle with depression?" Would you think they were weak, or tell them so? I highly doubt it. You'd offer compassion, empathy, and sound advice, or at least try. That's how you need to be with yourself. When your mind tries to judge you harshly, imagine how you would talk to a friend in the same situation. I bet it wouldnt be anywhere near as harsh as your own thoughts.

that's just your judgemental mind working. We've been programmed to identify areas of weakness in ourselves, then to address them so we remain accepted by the 'clan'. But dont believe every thought you have. A large part of mental illness is self judgement. It's amazing how hard we are on ourselves, and how we believe every thought our mind thinks as if it's gospel. Put it this way, if one of your friends came to you and said "I'm really struggling at the moment, can I confide in you about my battle with depression?" Would you think they were weak, or tell them so? I highly doubt it. You'd offer compassion, empathy, and sound advice, or at least try. That's how you need to be with yourself. When your mind tries to judge you harshly, imagine how you would talk to a friend in the same situation. I bet it wouldnt be anywhere near as harsh as your own thoughts.

Actually your right. I am hard on myself. I find it hard to forgive. Admittedly I have been receiving counselling for the past 6 months for childhood abandonment issues. It has brought back a lot of suppressed memories and with that suppressed emotions. It's amazing at how many masks people wear to fit in with the clan. I'm still in the process of learning to forgive, particularly myself.

Actually your right. I am hard on myself. I find it hard to forgive. Admittedly I have been receiving counselling for the past 6 months for childhood abandonment issues. It has brought back a lot of suppressed memories and with that suppressed emotions. It's amazing at how many masks people wear to fit in with the clan. I'm still in the process of learning to forgive, particularly myself.
keep at it, youll get there. Do you practice mindfulness? It really helps you to identify judgemental thoughts for what they are, mere thoughts, nothing more

It was a great day
I miss them so so much

Stay strong mate! Others and myself will be here if you ever need mate! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back