Did you move up or down the rankings during the bye rounds?

Did you move up or down the rankings during the bye rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I went from 22k to 15k. Averaged just over 1600 over the 3 weeks, 4 trades used during the byes.
9 doughnuts, 7-8 subbings and more individual crap scores than I care to remember.

Averaged 1674 and moved up slightly every week from 1483 to 801.

Have bugger all trades left though - I really concentrated on bringing in value picks and adding depth to my squad through the byes while avoiding zeroes where possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

down 2000 spots
no amount of planning for the bye rounds will help if players like Shaw & Pendles go and injure themselves

Moved up from 19,201 to 3,600.
Used 5 trades (1,3,1)
Ranked 3,816/5,674/8,934
7 zeroes (2,2,3) ... 2 of those were due to Pendlebury injury and I decided to carry him.

I actually planned pretty heavily for the bye rounds but the trade off was that my ranking suffered terribly leading up to the bye rounds. I will likely have to revise the strategy for next year as I've never been ranked as low as 19k this late into a season .. yes I've now jumped to 3,600 but it's still below my expectations.

I actually had all 30 players in my team named in Round 10 (Enright was a late withdrawal so only 29 played) but I used a lot of trades trying to have a whole squad playing before the byes.

Also, I carried a lot of cash (over $700,000 at some stages) as I generally traded down prior to the byes so that I had plenty of cash to trade up during the byes ... in retrospect this money would have been better used getting in a few more premiums but I was keen to try something different.

Oh well, we live and learn!

Back