D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Raiti Hawthorn 26
Conboy Centrals 19
Jones Wicks 16
Harvey Hawks 16

7 votes clear for the bigman from the Hawks. Interesting that his fellow sharpshooter who topped the goal kicking for the grade didn't seem to poll very well at all.

My understanding is that the gentleman that was taken away by police after the Wicks v Hawks game at Waverley oval will not be facing any matters in relation to the incident.

In saying the above, 3 investigations between the VAFA and Elsternwick/Hawthorn are still open according the VAFA website.

My understanding is that the gentleman that was taken away by police after the Wicks v Hawks game at Waverley oval will not be facing any matters in relation to the incident.

In saying the above, 3 investigations between the VAFA and Elsternwick/Hawthorn are still open according the VAFA website.
Is that because he’s now behind bars for another incident? He was in court yesterday for another assault charge. He won St Kilda City’s B&F too but didn’t show up to collect.

The player facing the striking chargers was suspended for 2 weeks.
In regard to the racism charge, that has now gone to the AFL and is out of VAFA hands

Still no outcome to the investigations ... it's only been a month!
Maybe they hope that everyone forgets it happened and it can be swept under the carpet.
HQ is just a shadow of what it used to be.
Does anyone know what the Bulleen Templestowe's charge is for? breach of player conduct, are we talking a failed drug test or something? I've heard a few stories about their reserves, since i've been involved in the vafa (2016 onwards) they've been bottom 2 or 3 so no u19s have obviously stuck around to be no good for that long

Does anyone know what the Bulleen Templestowe's charge is for? breach of player conduct, are we talking a failed drug test or something? I've heard a few stories about their reserves, since i've been involved in the vafa (2016 onwards) they've been bottom 2 or 3 so no u19s have obviously stuck around to be no good for that long
Failed drug test? Would probably struggle to field 3 divisions if we started testing for drugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to Wattle Park for pushing themselves back up to D2, says a lot about the club. It also says a lot about the club that lobbied to stay down in D3

I understand wanting to go up, but based on last season do you feel they will be competitive?

Finished 4th, but a long way off the top 3 come seasons end (that was on display in the elimination final).

I understand wanting to go up, but based on last season do you feel they will be competitive?

Finished 4th, but a long way off the top 3 come seasons end (that was on display in the elimination final).
It's hard to know how competitive they'll be. Parkside certainly didn't dominate D3 and they did pretty well this year in D2 - so maybe the gap isn't that big?

Kudos to Wattle Park for pushing themselves back up to D2, says a lot about the club. It also says a lot about the club that lobbied to stay down in D3
100% Zacstars, I hope that Wattle Park do well in D2.

Also they are out of the bottom grade which isn't always as easy as it looks.

Canterbury should not have been asked the question by the VAFA though in my opinion.

Easy from the cheap seats.
Few facts for you.
In 8 seasons in D3 Canterbury have won 1 senior final. Reserves have failed to even play 1 final. Hardly an overly successful period.
No junior feed. Juniors stop at U/14s. Not one ex junior on the current playing list.
Relies on mates of mates to find players.
Home ground is getting renovated next year so the rooms will be out of action.
Aging list.
Coach has stood down.
Club unfortunately has a lack of volunteers. It relies on very few to keep it afloat.

Few facts for you.
In 8 seasons in D3 Canterbury have won 1 senior final. Reserves have failed to even play 1 final. Hardly an overly successful period.
No junior feed. Juniors stop at U/14s. Not one ex junior on the current playing list.
Aging list.
Coach has stood down.
Club unfortunately has a lack of volunteers. It relies on very few to keep it afloat.
All clubs face the same issues especially D3/D4 clubs re: juniors and volunteers.

Did the vafa ask the club or did the club push it to the vafa

Few facts for you.
Aging list.
Coach has stood down.
Let's hope they can turn it around.

Few facts for you.
Aging list.
Coach has stood down.
Pretty much the same for all lower division clubs! Home ground reno's will make it difficult.

Thoughts on team of the year?

Nothing wrong with that, obviously a little top heavy but considering the unevenness of the comp it makes sense.

Good to see the team of the year has been announced but still a number of VAFA investigations are 'ongoing' or 'pending' according to the VAFA website. No timeframes attached to any of these investigations either.

D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back