Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This year is done.

Bevo stays on for the year - worst result and we finish towards the bottom/player unrest/member unrest.

An interim coach (Lade) takes over - slightly better result but when’s the last time an interim coach has even made finals?
There has never been an interim coach that has made finals.

Interim coaches wouldn’t usually take over this early in the season , nor would they have Bont & Libba , and a few others ,to mould in their hands .

Even if we scrape into finals there’s no way in hell we can win the thing , unless we find some sort of 2015/6 Bev to work the magic . I’m agnostic about making finals this year .

I know things are grim, but we need to be careful what we wish for.

The likely interim coach would be Brendan Lade.
I agree. I often judge coaches from how they speak to the media. From the moment we hired Peter Rhode all those years back, I was doubtful because he struggled and was nervous. Brendan Lade doesn’t fill me with optimism. This has nothing to do with their tactics and ability to be an assistant coach. But head coach needs that confidence. Bevo is speaking in tongues at the moment and look at his coaching. Craig McRae speaks beautifully and look how he’s doing?
We should have parted with Bevo at the end of last season, but we have an unwise board who signed him up for way too long. We have what we have now, so we need a replacement ready to go when and if the time comes.

I know things are grim, but we need to be careful what we wish for.

The likely interim coach would be Brendan Lade.
Still a better outcome than have a dead man walking coach the remaining 20 games. Never any upside to keeping a virtually sacked coach on.

And let’s pray to god that those rumours of people not wanting to work with Bevo are even half true and maybe we can attract an actual name of reverence to this coaching panel.

I agree. I often judge coaches from how they speak to the media. From the moment we hired Peter Rhode all those years back, I was doubtful because he struggled and was nervous. Brendan Lade doesn’t fill me with optimism. This has nothing to do with their tactics and ability to be an assistant coach. But head coach needs that confidence. Bevo is speaking in tongues at the moment and look at his coaching. Craig McRae speaks beautifully and look how he’s doing?
We should have parted with Bevo at the end of last season, but we have an unwise board who signed him up for way too long. We have what we have now, so we need a replacement ready to go when and if the time comes.

To be fair Bevo was all over the joint with nerves in his first conferences

Still a better outcome than have a dead man walking coach the remaining 20 games. Never any upside to keeping a virtually sacked coach on.

And let’s pray to god that those rumours of people not wanting to work with Bevo are even half true and maybe we can attract an actual name of reverence to this coaching panel.
You want to replace a premiership coach and the same coach that has taken us to be a runner up in a GF and taken the Bulldogs to a finals nearly every year with a assistant coach that was sacked by the most tragic AFL club in history. That makes complete sense

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You want to replace a premiership coach and the same coach that has taken us to be a runner up in a GF and taken the Bulldogs to a finals nearly every year with a assistant coach that was sacked by the most tragic AFL club in history. That makes complete sense

No actually you’re right! Let’s give him a two year extension!

Corne's take on Friday night is spot on.

critiqued Bevo's pressor, which was cryptic and confused. He has no cohesive narrative to share with supporters and media about where we are at, where the list is at, where we are going. Are we in the window and underperforming? refreshing? rebuilding? is the list healthy? or are there gaping holes in it? there is no sense that he knows or is willing to share where he thinks were at. has to be let go immediately in my view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from 2021, we haven't gone past the first round of the finals since 2016. Can't keep hanging onto the past, I'm also going to be grateful for the premiership, but Bevo has consistently underachieved with this list apart from an outlier year in 2021.

Corne's take on Friday night is spot on.

critiqued Bevo's pressor, which was cryptic and confused. He has no cohesive narrative to share with supporters and media about where we are at, where the list is at, where we are going. Are we in the window and underperforming? refreshing? rebuilding? is the list healthy? or are there gaping holes in it? there is no sense that he knows or is willing to share where he thinks were at. has to be let go immediately in my view

I think Kane’s comments are fair.

If it is Lade as long as its interim I would take that
Exactly. It’s probably only for a dozen or so games after all.

Some people are never happy. Most people would be overjoyed if they were told they were going to get Lade for the rest of the year.

Some people are never happy. Most people would be overjoyed if they were told they were going to get Lade for the rest of the year.

How about a rotation of Lade, Spangher and a BF collective every 3 week cycle? 🙂

I don't want Bevo to get a extension I just don't want a ex hack Saints coach to be coaching Bulldogs what will that achieve 0

The season is already a write off man. We could appoint God as our coach and he’d shrug and say “gotta wait until the offseason”. Doesn’t matter if we appoint Lade as interim or keep Bevo till the end, we aren’t doing anything this season, it’s just that one option is not as detrimental as the other.

I don't want Bevo to get a extension I just don't want a ex hack Saints coach to be coaching Bulldogs what will that achieve 0

The benefits are three-fold:

We would be finally taking the action blind Freddy could have seen was needed to be taken last year. We get some credibility back and the media hordes get the blood they are seeking and start hounding other clubs;

Lade gets interim, adds a voice of change and “may” have some impact on 2024 that might save the embarrassment of GC Sunday using pick 3 next year…. Lade is highly unlikely to get the full time gig. It would take a miracle.

We can start the hunt early for a good match day coach and get ahead of the pack. I’m not sure who we would go after but I’d like those discussions started as early as we can given it clearly has to happen by years end.

You can actually add a 4th - I’m really starting to feel bad for Luke. He looks shot and the pressure must be revolting. For his own good he should go soon.

Sold! But why wait till then. I'd like to get Lade this week.

You could be his campaign manager DW but you need a few slogans.

Don't get angry get Lade!

Last edited:
Here's an idea ...

We quietly pension off Bevo. Do a 3D printout of Bevo with a moving lower jaw, new teeth and all. Dress it in a WB polo and slacks.
Then we wire it up with ChatGPT to bark out orders at training, articulate all the game plans, team selections, pre-match addresses, mid-game tactical adjustments, half-time media interviews, post match press conferences and AFLCA votes.

What we lose in EQ we gain in system, coherent interviews and team selection.

Nobody would ever guess.

RoboDog lives!! Bwahahaha!! :trophy:

Back