Opinion Does Josh Caddy get booed at Metricon?

Will Caddy be booed at Metricon?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really want me to drag up more Hunt vids, or what about other fringe players.

I can pull up Majak's six goal haul.

STFU already, he wouldn't be in the Suns best 22 now and you know it. He's not in your best 22 and you know it.

He's in our best 22. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the Suns' list to comment as to whether he would be in theirs. They undoubtedly have plenty of talented young mids, though.

From what I have seen of Caddy, he has the potential to be a very good player. I think that anyone disputing that he doesn't have a lot of obvious talent and potential is deluding themselves. I have never seen the likes of Daw and Hunt stand up in a final or finals-like situation, either, which Caddy has done. The fact that he came in last year and didn't shy away from the pressure of the big games was very impressive.

Though I won't comment on what his best 22 status would be at the Suns, I'm pretty confident he would be a certain starter for North.

Last edited:
LoL, who would he have pushed out of that midfield?

Prestia, Swallow, O'Mera, Rish, Bennell, Martin, Abblett...Stanley is a run with player...

Please, he wasn't best 22.
You have to remember who was playing at the time, not now. Caddy played every game in 2012 for the Suns and neither O'Meara or Martin had entered the team. Neither Swallow or Prestia had really proven themselves and Rischitelli was struggling to live up to his 2011 form. Outside of Abett, Bennell was really the only other shining light for the team in 2012 so positions were definitely up for grabs. I can only go on the fact that he played every game (when fit) for the Suns while he was a Gold Coast player.

I think that anyone disputing that he doesn't have a lot of obvious talent and potential is deluding themselves.

Sorry I don't see it.

I have never seen the likes of Daw and Hunt stand up in a final or finals-like situation, either, which Caddy has done. The fact that he came in last year and didn't shy away from the pressure of the big games was very impressive.

The fact that you suggest he is up for discussion between Hunt and Daw shows you how little you think of him.

Though I won't comment on what his best 22 status would be at the Suns, I'm pretty confident he would be a certain starter for North.

Who would he push out at North?

Ziebell, Wells, Swallow, Boomer, Harvey??

No he would not.

You have to remember who was playing at the time, not now. Caddy played every game in 2012 for the Suns and neither O'Meara or Martin had entered the team. Neither Swallow or Prestia had really proven themselves and Rischitelli was struggling to live up to his 2011 form. Outside of Abett, Bennell was really the only other shining light for the team in 2012 so positions were definitely up for grabs. I can only go on the fact that he played every game (when fit) for the Suns while he was a Gold Coast player.

Yeah that was kinda my point. With those guys on the cusp he got a game. I never thought he was anything other then a scrub.

Look he tried hard, but he just lacked everything.

Would he get a game for Suns now? No.

I rekon he saw the writing on the wall.

Yeah that was kinda my point. With those guys on the cusp he got a game. I never thought he was anything other then a scrub.

Look he tried hard, but he just lacked everything.

Would he get a game for Suns now? No.

I rekon he saw the writing on the wall.
Not even close to being correct. I don't believe anyone on here would agree that a factor in him leaving was future game time.

Also, he admitted he didn't give 100% while at the Suns...

Sorry I don't see it.

What don't you see, exactly? What does Caddy lack that would make you think he's not a promising young talent? When he came to the club, I thought his disposal was a little questionable, but I think that improved over the course of last year.

The fact that you suggest he is up for discussion between Hunt and Daw shows you how little you think of him.

You're the one throwing out those names out, not me.

For me, it's like this, we are better than Boo-ing him. be bitter about the way in which he left sure,
But what's going to hurt him more? Boo-ing him? or silence, then defeating Geelong come tomorrow?
We all know the answer to that.

Yeah, that's the attitude we took with Ablett. Be silent and respectful while we beat him. Be silent and respectful while the club wins a premiership without him. No biggie.

Yeah 2 premierships mean nothing.

2 Flags mean a lot to me but everyone's different. I have one acquaintance that tell me Geelong is on the way down and GC is one the way to 5 Flags in a row. I have no idea how many GC will win in the next decade but I waited a long,long,long time to see Geelong win 3. I have a great deal beneficence to toward those that won them.

In the not too distance future I suspect you will win a flag or two. I think you will find that winning them doesn't mean you are totally happy to lose an OMeara or a Martin etc

Generally I think with all these debates , ones point of view depends on who you support. You rightly talk about service and what Ablett gave etc , but I have also heard others talk about the fairness of the draft , and that few player choose their clubs . Caddy didn't . Ablett did. I think if we take the emotion out of it I generally try to support the players rights , because if someone started to tell me where to work and for who , id not be happy. That Ablett gave good service to us before he left is something that is worth consideration , so is the choice of employer.

As I said earlier, I think its an GC choice to boo or not to boo. Your privilege. I certain felt aggrieved when Colbert left Geelong years ago , Capt of the club left when we were in financial trouble like a rat deserting a sinking ship. Plenty booed him when he came to KP , plenty had to suck up that up when he enjoyed the emotional spur and played his best footy verses us.

Not even close to being correct. I don't believe anyone on here would agree that a factor in him leaving was future game time.

Also, he admitted he didn't give 100% while at the Suns...

Thats the way i saw it.

He wouldn't get a game at the suns now.

He wouldn't get a game at north, or port now.

Next year I doubt he will play for the Cat's #1's.

2 Flags mean a lot to me but everyone's different. I have one acquaintance that tell me Geelong is on the way down and GC is one the way to 5 Flags in a row. I have no idea how many GC will win in the next decade but I waited a long,long,long time to see Geelong win 3. I have a great deal beneficence to toward those that won them.

In the not too distance future I suspect you will win a flag or two. I think you will find that winning them doesn't mean you are totally happy to lose an OMeara or a Martin etc

Generally I think with all these debates , ones point of view depends on who you support. You rightly talk about service and what Ablett gave etc , but I have also heard others talk about the fairness of the draft , and that few player choose their clubs . Caddy didn't . Ablett did. I think if we take the emotion out of it I generally try to support the players rights , because if someone started to tell me where to work and for who , id not be happy. That Ablett gave good service to us before he left is something that is worth consideration , so is the choice of employer.

As I said earlier, I think its an GC choice to boo or not to boo. Your privilege. I certain felt aggrieved when Colbert left Geelong years ago , Capt of the club left when we were in financial trouble like a rat deserting a sinking ship. Plenty booed him when he came to KP , plenty had to suck up that up when he enjoyed the emotional spur and played his best footy verses us.

I completely understand why you would be unhappy at Ablett.

I don't want to speak for them, but i am guessing most fans don't give a crap about Caddy.
Most probably won't even remember his name.

c'mon guys. don't pretend he's not a good player. if he was comitted to us like the rest of the players we initially recruited, i'd say he'd be in our best 22. he struggled with injury first year while all the other draftee's were getting games. he always had his heart set on going home. whereas players like prestia and lynch may have considered it at that time, a year later and they'd be mad to think of leaving, after seeing our potential and little glimpses of the future.

i might give him the odd boo here or there, but mainly i think it'll be his ex-team mates who'll be getting stuck into him the most, even more so if we're competitive on the night.

i'd say caddy and o'meara would be fighting for the same spot in our side. both are going to be great players down the track, but i know who i'd rather have.

c'mon guys. don't pretend he's not a good player. if he was comitted to us like the rest of the players we initially recruited, i'd say he'd be in our best 22. he struggled with injury first year while all the other draftee's were getting games. he always had his heart set on going home. whereas players like prestia and lynch may have considered it at that time, a year later and they'd be mad to think of leaving, after seeing our potential and little glimpses of the future.

i might give him the odd boo here or there, but mainly i think it'll be his ex-team mates who'll be getting stuck into him the most, even more so if we're competitive on the night.

i'd say caddy and o'meara would be fighting for the same spot in our side. both are going to be great players down the track, but i know who i'd rather have.

Caddy on the same level as O'Meara...

SMH...son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm saying i would rather have o'meara over caddy... thought that much would be obvious to the majority of people.
Well. Mexicans were never heralded for their intelligence. Victorians are much dumber. Its all got to do with geography. Qlders have been aware of an intelligence void from Antarctica to QLD for many years. That includes Can'tberra. Joh was well aware of this fact and exploited it for all its worth. Even with Alzheimer's, old age and lies, old Joh still had more nous than anything that southern genetics could throw up. And throw up they did. The public however wished they had Joh as premier in NSW...and that's a fact. NSW was a victim of daylight saving. QLD never had daylight saving, because Joh was GOD, and he wouldn't get up an hour earlier for anyone...so NSW has to change their clocks!!

As an example of QLD's geographical advantage, take GAJ. With Geelong, he was a good player. Now that he has our geographical advantage, his ability, footy brain, and future has become something all southern footy players could only see as god like. Jack Martin, Jager O'meara, Swallow, etc all benefit from their removal from the primordial slime of other states, to become fully fledged footy players here in heaven.

Caddy....is he holding something? (does caddy look a bit like 'Wayne Kerr' ?)

(and im pissed as a cricket, but still talking sense?...haha)

Last edited:
I loved trolling Caddy in the past
But he's such a little wankstain I've decided to move on
Hopefully he can carve out a career at Geelong
Just lunching with Dave Swallow, Charlie D, Jags, Lukey Russell, Maysie and a couple of others at Commune today
All obviously good mates and bonded tight
Caddy will never have that.
Anyone who admits he wasn't giving 100% all the time is better off somewhere else, and I'm sure the current Suns group agrees.

Two completely different situations. Caddy was drafted with the Suns' fourth pick in the 2010 AFL Draft and was an important piece in their establishment/future. He was then injured for 20 of the 22 games in 2011 and attempted to get traded home at the end of his first season. It didn't work out so he waited the minimum amount of time he could to pack his bags and leave the GC for good at the end of 2012. Caddy never intended to stay on the Gold Coast and was more than happy to walk out on the club after just two games.

Gary Ablett Jr helped Geelong win two premierships and gave them nine seasons before he accepted a deal that no one in their right mind would turn down. To compare the two is lunacy.

I don't see the issue with that.
Players have the ability to move where they want to, the system is not servitude and allows for it. All any club can reasonably ask is that a player is upfront rather than dishonest about it. One can argue by telegraphing it in 2011 Caddy gave the Suns time to prepare to be without him. Even Geelong said after the trade was done that at the end of 2011 after Essendon fell through they had discussions with GC and GC knew they were interested. And they got fair compensation, as you will see at the draft this year.

I have much less respect for kids like Longer who won't disclose their intentions until the last possible moment and then bend their clubs over a barrel with PSD threats and wreck their compensation. Caddy conducted himself much more reasonably than a lot of players would.

For the record, I don't see why he should be booed, then again I didn't agree with the small percentage of Geelong people that wanted to boo Ablett. As far as I'm concerned it's poor behaviours by supporters (no matter which club they come from) and achieves little.

Thats the way i saw it.

As this is Suns board I will not debate this with you. Whether he would get a game for Suns is probably best answer by the experts on their list , from the outside I'm sure he would get a game in front of someone but I do agree their list is chocka a blocka with talent. If you want to continue bring it to our board.

Um... you do realize there is a substantial difference in the years played for those players right?

Laughable that you think they're comparable..

......more Laughable that in a champion side like Geelong is...this guy gets a game.
Say whatever you want about josh, boo him if you want... He won't care and I don't... but caddy or Guthrie will be our next captain.... The next captain of the 2nd oldest club in Australia with 155 years of history.

I knew after his first game for us that we had made a good trade, wells is no moron... He knew the calibre of player we were getting.

I loved trolling Caddy in the past
But he's such a little wankstain I've decided to move on
Hopefully he can carve out a career at Geelong
Just lunching with Dave Swallow, Charlie D, Jags, Lukey Russell, Maysie and a couple of others at Commune today
All obviously good mates and bonded tight
Caddy will never have that.
Anyone who admits he wasn't giving 100% all the time is better off somewhere else, and I'm sure the current Suns group agrees.

I'm sure Caddy has made plenty of friends at Geelong.

Thats the way i saw it.

You can't say that, you don't know what would have happened if he had stuck around. With the way Rischitelli dropped off in 2013, I don't think it's a stretch at all to say Caddy could have kept him out and Rischa may have even been delisted as a result. Matt Shaw is another mid that Caddy could have kept out. There was a spot for him if he wanted it.

I'd pick the one that you know will give 100%
I wouldn't count out Josh taking the next biggest offer when his contract is up
Remember..it's all about Josh
look i'll be honest, i didn't see him play when he was in the GC team, that's not to say i didn't watch GC games in your first two seasons... i did.

The reason i don't profess to know a lot about his time with the suns is, that you guys had 30+ new players to the competition and it was hard to recognise players faces or numbers, whereas now i could recognise a large chunk of your list.

so if you guys are saying he didn't give 100% at the suns, i'll take your word for it, but as someone who watches my team play every week, i have never seen him give anything less than 100% in a geelong jumper:thumbsu:

having read most of the comments in this thread, the clear sentiment is that many feel he wouldn't be best 22 at the suns, now while i disagree, i can also see that a club with vastly more 1st round picks than the existing clubs is eventually going to develop a strong team, but from where i sit there's no shame in being best 22 at the cats considering we are in the mix to be top 4 for the 8th time in 9 years.

as for what you say about him leaving, i'm not concerned, there's a good culture down here evidenced by the fact we've only lost two players in the last decade who would be considered best 22, Mumford and moloney, mumford we couldn't afford to keep and moloney we upgraded to ottens (yes, i know we got rid of chapman, hunt and podsiadly, but that was purely a list squeeze-not wanting to delist 19-22y.o scenario).

Last edited:
Yeah 2 premierships mean nothing.

Ablett didn't simply hand Geelong Premierships. You could argue the club around him had a little bit to do with it, winning it in 2011 suggests as much. The club made list management decisions based on Ablett's direction that he hadn't made any decision about his future whereas, in truth, he'd already agreed to head to the Gold Coast. He left for a bigger pay cheque (and lied about his intentions) when we've had other players opt for pay cuts to keep our core team together.

In terms of whether or not you boo Caddy, do what you want. Setting a culture (as a supporter group) is a big deal. Geelong don't really "boo" ex-players. Do what you want with respect to Caddy, if anything, it'll confirm for him that he made the right decision. Look forward to him being amongst the best on ground in response to any booing ;)

Thats the way i saw it.

Not sure if that's troll or not , Caddy would be in our best 22 for sure , looking at his numbers he hasn't come on like Prestia , Swallow and O'Meara , but still a handy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back